Countdown to Extinction - tracking the final lottery slot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I personally don't think DeMar's actions warranted an immediate ejection. I mean really, is throwing a ball really worse than cussing out a referee (which results in simply a technical foul)?
    I think so. Both are disrespectful and unprofessional acts. I think they should hold him out around two games...

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      I personally don't think DeMar's actions warranted an immediate ejection. I mean really, is throwing a ball really worse than cussing out a referee (which results in simply a technical foul)?...
      I think Smith mentioned in his story that a ball into the stands is an automatic ejection. I would guess the concern is fan safety. Or maybe the cost to the league of getting those balls back. I assume they cost more than the $40 numbers I buy for gym and pavement use. :-)

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
        I think Smith mentioned in his story that a ball into the stands is an automatic ejection. I would guess the concern is fan safety. Or maybe the cost to the league of getting those balls back. I assume they cost more than the $40 numbers I buy for gym and pavement use. :-)
        lol, good point.

The best ball I've ever used was the Spalding Top Flite 1000 (our high school used it as our game ball). It was the softest leather ever. I liked it better than NBA game balls. But I haven't been able to find it since.

But speaking of ball costs, they say the average life span of an MLB baseball is 7 pitches. Considering each team throws approx. 150 pitches per game, that's a total of 40-45 baseballs lost each game. At $10 each, we're looking at up to $450 per game.

The NBA game ball costs about $100 each. I'm sure the league could afford to lose a ball every once in a while, and still come out on top compared to MLB

Comment

We only have a game remaining, but we could still finish anywhere from 4th to 8th!

Bottom 3: CHA, WAS, NOH

21 win teams: SAC CLE (one or the other, or both could tie us at 22 if we lose)

22 win teams: Raps & NJN (facing off ... so that tie will be broken)

23 wins: Golden state

Likely scenario? I dunno, I feel like we'll beat the Nets during our final home game ... maybe end up 7th ... eesh.
          The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
            We only have a game remaining, but we could still finish anywhere from 4th to 8th!

Bottom 3: CHA, WAS, NOH

21 win teams: SAC CLE (one or the other, or both could tie us at 22 if we lose)

22 win teams: Raps & NJN (facing off ... so that tie will be broken)

23 wins: Golden state

Likely scenario? I dunno, I feel like we'll beat the Nets during our final home game ... maybe end up 7th ... eesh.
            NOH play GSW tonight and Houston (eliminated from playoffs) Thursday. They have also been playing good ball of late. I could see them getting to 22 wins.

I could see SAC beating the Lakers as well. Sacramento are respectable at home at 15-17.

Cleveland play Washington tonight.

So, in a nutshell, I could see a multi team tie with 22 wins and 3rd worst. Who knows. We'll all know in about 57 hours.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              NOH play GSW tonight and Houston (eliminated from playoffs) Thursday. They have also been playing good ball of late. I could see them getting to 22 wins.

I could see SAC beating the Lakers as well. Sacramento are respectable at home at 15-17.

Cleveland play Washington tonight.

So, in a nutshell, I could see a multi team tie with 22 wins and 3rd worst. Who knows. We'll all know in about 57 hours.
              REMAINING SCHEDULE
              3) New Orleans - 20 wins (Golden State, Houston)
              T4) Sacramento - 21 wins (Oklahoma City, LAL)
              T4) Cleveland - 21 wins (Washington, Chicago)
              T6) Toronto - 22 wins (NJ)
              T6) New Jersey - 22 wins (Toronto)
              8) Golden State - 23 wins (New Orleans, San Antonio)

Best case scenario: 4-way tie for 3rd worst, with 22 wins (NO wins both games, Sacramento and Cleveland win 1 game and Toronto loses to NJ)

Worst case scenario: tied for 7th worst (Toronto wins and GS loses both games)

Hopeful scenario: tied with Cleveland for 5th worst
              Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Apr 24, 2012, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Filtering through all these outcomes is hurting me noggin. Whatever happens, we're praying for some lottery luck.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                  REMAINING SCHEDULE
                  3) New Orleans - 20 wins (Golden State, Houston)
                  T4) Sacramento - 21 wins (Oklahoma City, LAL)
                  T4) Cleveland - 21 wins (Washington, Chicago)
                  8) Golden State - 23 wins (New Orleans, San Antonio)

Best case scenario: 4-way tie for 3rd worst, with 22 wins (NO wins both games, Sacramento and Cleveland win 1 game and Toronto loses to NJ)

Worst case scenario: tied for 7th worst (Toronto wins and GS loses both games)

Hopeful scenario: tied with Cleveland for 5th worst
                  So...who've you got in tonight's warriors-hornets game (words never typed before)? NOH wins...we have a shot for third...but that means GS loses...putting us within a Net beatdown of 8th place. GS wins and we say goodbye to third, but can finish no worse than 7th. Interesting that aside from the raps/nets game, tonight's game is the only one left that's a head to head between teams that can move in the lottery (a mutual tankapalooza)

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                    So...who've you got in tonight's warriors-hornets game (words never typed before)? NOH wins...we have a shot for third...but that means GS loses...putting us within a Net beatdown of 8th place. GS wins and we say goodbye to third, but can finish no worse than 7th. Interesting that aside from the raps/nets game, tonight's game is the only one left that's a head to head between teams that can move in the lottery (a mutual tankapalooza)
                    haha I guess it depends on how much faith you have in the Raps successfully tanking their last game. If you are confident they'll lose, you cheer for New Orleans, to maintain possibility of multi-team tie for 3rd worst. If you expect the Raps to win against New Jersey, you root for Golden State, to ensure Toronto is alone in 7th instead of blending odds of 7th and 8th place teams. When did being a fan get so damned complicated?! lol

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                      haha I guess it depends on how much faith you have in the Raps successfully tanking their last game. If you are confident they'll lose, you cheer for New Orleans, to maintain possibility of multi-team tie for 3rd worst. If you expect the Raps to win against New Jersey, you root for Golden State, to ensure Toronto is alone in 7th instead of blending odds of 7th and 8th place teams. When did being a fan get so damned complicated?! lol

Comment

Great just great Golden State lost!! and they are not going to win again because their last game is against San Antonio! Now Toronto will win against New Jersey and be tied with GS with 23 wins!! just great!!

Comment

REMAINING SCHEDULE
                          T3) New Orleans - 21 wins (Houston)
                          T3) Sacramento - 21 wins (LAL)
                          T3) Cleveland - 21 wins (Washington, Chicago)
                          8) Golden State - 23 wins (San Antonio)

Best case scenario: 3-way tie for 3rd worst, with 22 wins (New Orleans, Sacramento and Cleveland win all remaining games, and Toronto loses to NJ)

Worst case scenario: 2-way tied for 7th worst, with 23 wins (Toronto wins, Golden State loses and Cleveland loses at least once)

Hopeful scenario: tied with Cleveland for 5th worst, with 22 wins (New Orleans, Sacramento and Toronto lose, Cleveland splits)

Comment

Can't believe the few weeks NOH has put together! Time to fear Eric Gordon.

Insane that going into the last game of the season, we could finish 3rd or 8th ...

With all of it hinging on the NJN home finale tomorrow, I would be shocked if Casey and the gang didn't bring a great effort. Maybe we can log 25 minutes for Solo, then it might be hard to win ... otherwise, I think Raps take it at home. Too bad
                            The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Kobe is still in the running for the scoring title. If the Lakers let him roll you better believe he's going for the jugular against the Kings. I think they lose that game.

Comment

Casey should do an evaluation of the team's perimeter shooting capability....within 10 secs of possession.

Comment

Working...
                                X