2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• malefax wrote: View Post
    Dallas Lauderdale is a cool-ass name. I'm jealous.
    I like William Buford and David Lighty as well.
    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Faried is not a guy who is going to save our team, or even put us on track to making the playoffs. He is a younger more athletic Reggie Evans and is still a work in progress.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Sullinger will be the next Roy Hibbert - top 5 one year, 17 the next.

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
          Faried is not a guy who is going to save our team, or even put us on track to making the playoffs. He is a younger more athletic Reggie Evans and is still a work in progress.
          there are no franchise changing players in this draft.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Sullinger will be the next Roy Hibbert - top 5 one year, 17 the next.
            Yes and I read some scouts saying that the knock against Sullinger is his height, and that won't change for next year, and the rest of his game is where it will be as well. With a greater competition for next year's draft, and perhaps increasing with every lottery pick this year that does not declare, he is expected to drop considerably. 5- 17 is reasonable, if not underestimating the potential drop in pick point for Sullinger next year. That alone will reduce the 'millions' he can command when drafted.

He likes his college experience and power to him, what is disappointing and to Mack North's statement, I have yet to hear him say he is going back to further his education.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
              there are no franchise changing players in this draft.
              There may not be a true franchise player in this years draft, but you can get players that will be the caliber of a Lamarcus Aldridge, David West, Tony Parker, Demar Derozan. Picking a guy like Faried early in the first round is not a great pick to me, I don't see him as any more than a great energy guy off the bench. People can compare him a Ben Wallace, but that was a very special situation, not the normal.
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

There may not be a true franchise player in this years draft, but you can get players that will be the caliber of a Lamarcus Aldridge, David West, Tony Parker, Demar Derozan. Picking a guy like Faried early in the first round is not a great pick to me, I don't see him as any more than a great energy guy off the bench. People can compare him a Ben Wallace, but that was a very special situation, not the normal.
                Agree

Comment

I respect your opinion but disagree, you see great energy, I see great motor, a kid who moves with purpose. The freshmen in this draft you don't know what your going to get from them we all just see potential, we know exactly what we are going to get from faried. Toronto needs someone to control the paint I don't see anyone besides faried who has the potential to do that.
                  Last edited by grindhouse; Mon Mar 28, 2011, 11:58 AM.

Comment

I respect your opinion but disagree, you see great energy, I see great motor, a kid who moves with purpose. The freshmen in this draft you don't know what your going to get from them we all just see potential, we know exactly what we are going to get from faried. Toronto needs someone to control the paint I don't see anyone besides faried who has the potential to do that.
                    If Faried is the BPA at wherever we select, then he'd be weclome. However, if he's slated to go outside of the lotto/high 20's, there's no way we should be reaching for him with a top 10-pick.

Comment

You think he has the ability to control the paint? I think he can be a good rebounder in the NBA, but he will NOT control the paint. The guy is 6'8" 225, sure he may be able to put on a few more pounds but going against guys bigger and stronger night after night in the NBA will prove to be a challenge for him. I don't envision an NBA starter, and that is what you want from a top 15 pick. He could be a nice player for a good team, but he just does not fit with the group we have in Toronto, we need someone that will be more well rounded and be a starter.
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

You think he has the ability to control the paint? I think he can be a good rebounder in the NBA, but he will NOT control the paint. The guy is 6'8" 225, sure he may be able to put on a few more pounds but going against guys bigger and stronger night after night in the NBA will prove to be a challenge for him. I don't envision an NBA starter, and that is what you want from a top 15 pick. He could be a nice player for a good team, but he just does not fit with the group we have in Toronto, we need someone that will be more well rounded and be a starter.
                        ..I agree...and when was the last time we saw a team with a starting centre that was 6'7"-6'8"?

Faried with be a solid pro. Probably the first big off a bench, but teams shouldn't be pinning their hopes on him.

Comment

• He's a shorter Jordon Hill.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                            He's a shorter Jordon Hill.
                            Ouch, lol you can't compare him to that scrub.
                            I will try and make a argument for faried but will probably not change anyone's mind....if we trade bargnani who is starting at center. We would probably go with a Amir, Davis line up right. How's that any different than faried in there? He does have long arms and from what I seen maybe stronger than both those guys, he is a senior. I have heard at least 2 scouts call him a lottery pick, as well as say some gm's are looking at him like that. If you guys look at draftexpress they list Ben wallace and amare at 6'8. Last but not least faried has not good hops, not great jumping ability but freakish hops similar to Blake griffen.

One more thing IMHO we cant keep drafting fitness players cause that leads us to soft defense which we have had for the past decade. Faried has put up 20 and 20 5 times that's a feat no matter what level of ball you play at.
                            Last edited by grindhouse; Mon Mar 28, 2011, 01:48 PM.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                              He's a shorter Jordon Hill.
                              He reminds me of Rodman, except he at least tries on the offensive end.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                                ..I agree...and when was the last time we saw a team with a starting centre that was 6'7"-6'8"?

Faried with be a solid pro. Probably the first big off a bench, but teams shouldn't be pinning their hopes on him.
                                If the Spurs end up getting him, they'll have two DaJuan Blair's and they will officially be fucking with all the other teams.

Comment

Working...
                                X