Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colangelo Headed To New York Or New Jersey Soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colangelo Headed To New York Or New Jersey Soon?

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wir...w_jersey_soon/
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

“Bryan knows he’s coming back, and he’s going to be our general manager through the remainder of this year and next season. That’s official,” said Peddie.

The Star

Comment

There have always been conspiracy theories that Colangelo would end up in New York at some point, once Donnie Walsh was tired of the circus revolving around the franchise. It was also rumoured that the 'Commish' had lobbied the 'poobahs' at the top of the pyramid in New York to oust Isiah Thomas and bring in Bryan's dad, Jerry, to run the Knicks. It seemed like yet another telling sign that Bryan would eventually be running the Knicks. But it's another team close by that now supposedly has Colangelo on its radar: The New Jersey Nets.

Hey, with the change in ownership and the Nets slated for a move to Brooklyn, Colagnelo would end up in the Big Apple, just not running the Knicks. Want more fodder, well how about the fact that Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment has not yet picked up the option on Colangelo's contract for next season. You can bet that picking up the option would undoubtedly morph into a discussion about some type of multi-term extension but to date, nothing has happened.

So who is this new owner in Jersey? Oh, it just happens to be a rich Russian fellow named Mikhail Prokhorov. Hmmm, do you think he might be looking to make his mark and possibly seeking the help of someone that knows not only the NBA market but with the game being a more global one, a guy who is plugged in internationally as well? Yep you got it. There folks, is how Bryan Colangelo, and his assistant general manager Maurizio Gherardini are connected to New Jersey.

OK, let's talk history here. So how did Colangelo end up in Toronto? That's right, Robert Sarver, at the time the new owner in Phoenix was supposedly hemming and hawing in giving Colangelo a new deal in the Valley of the Sun and voila, Colangelo is suddenly running the Raptors. Others say Sarver never wanted Colangelo and Colangelo didn't want to work for Sarver and believe what you want, but the bottom line is, Colangelo up and left. Colangelo has shown from the wheeling and dealing in Toronto that he is not afraid to make bold moves. So I ask you, do you think he would go to New York, er, New Jersey? It says here it could happen in a New York minute.
      Sportsnet.ca

Could have sworn Colangelo said recently he planned on going no where and MLSE wanted him here...

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        Sportsnet.ca

Could have sworn Colangelo said recently he planned on going no where and MLSE wanted him here...
        As far as I know BC still hasn't signed.

Maybe it depends on what happens with CB4?
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

no he is not goin any where thats fact, at least not until the world ends. ooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh 2012 i'm so scared....
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
            no he is not goin any where thats fact, at least not until the world ends. ooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh 2012 i'm so scared....
            How do you know?

Is that you in the picture?

Comment

Peddie was on the fan this afternoon.

He made it pretty clear that BC isn't going anywhere.
              Haze aka Dutches
              ----
              Shoe closet fulla Oxygen, I rock a lotta Air...

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                How do you know?

Is that you in the picture?
                of course it is. what hot chick wouldn't put up a half naked picture of herself on a forum dominated by guys?

Comment

Could have sworn they said during the game last night that MLSE picked up the option on Colangelo for next season.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    Could have sworn they said during the game last night that MLSE picked up the option on Colangelo for next season.
                    Yup.

“Bryan is our general manager and he’s not going anywhere. It’s official," the president and chief operating officer of Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment said on Wednesday.

Peddie confided that the MLSEL board convened recently to ensure that Colangelo sticks around beyond this season.

...“I’m delighted," Colangelo said. “I appreciate the vote of confidence the board has demonstrated.”
                    http://www.torontosun.com/sports/bas...30511-qmi.html

Comment

SI is now running with - Oh we meant Jerry not Bryan! lol
                      The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Working...
                      X