Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#5 for #12 and Al Jefferson/Paul Milsap. Potential Utah-Toronto Draft Day trade.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maleko wrote: View Post
    At the end of the day there is a big gap in this trade, since the Raptors cannot absorb Jefferson's contract

The TPE plus a filler would do the trick.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      The TPE plus a filler would do the trick.
      No it would not. The TPE cannot be combined with a player. It must be enough to absorb the ENTIRE contract of the incoming player, and it is not large enough. Sorry, Apollo, there is no merit to this trade rumour as it was reported and requires other pieces as stated above.

Comment

Ah, good point. I wasn't even thinking about that. It would have to involve Jose Calderon and someone else more than likely heading out. The bit says it's being talked, it doesn't say finalized. If they're talking about it then they could be at any stage of the discussion, including preliminary discussions. Bottom line, just because the mentioned pieces don't fit doesn't mean that there is no truth to the rumor.

Comment

Though that is in question as the Jazz, mostly expected to take a point guard, is now rumored to be interested in Kanter to go with Derrick Favors in building a big man core.

The Jazz is rumored to be making Paul Millsap available. But they also are said to be holding open the possibility of moving Al Jefferson in a larger deal if they can get Kanter, a deal that could net them a shooting guard, like Monta Ellis or Kevin Martin with Golden State at No. 11 and Houston No. 14. So then Utah would go big.
          http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith_110620.html

If they are looking for a 2, Barbosa and Kleiza would work
          Last edited by jbml; Mon Jun 20, 2011, 06:06 PM.

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
            I don't really want Millsap either. I don't see him as an upgrade over any of our rotation bigs. I do like Jefferson's game, he scores in the low post and rebounds which are two invaluable skills for a big. His D is not good, but like Apollo pointed out earlier, he does seem to do a good job on his man.
            The work ethic thing is worrisome. I do find it hard to believe a person can become a professional athlete without haveing some work ethic but you could be correct. Maybe a change of scenery is just what he needs.
            Yes, what the Raptors need are more players that simply need a change of scenery!

My two dealbreakers are interest in defense and work ethic. Those are things I really don't think a player can learn. It's either part of them or it isn't. You can fake it temporarily, but I think you're going to have trouble winning with guys like that.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I can dream right?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=62j72bf

Comment

Two years left on Jeffersons contract

Two years for BC

I could see short and long term value in this for BC

And with the 12th pick the raptors select Bismack Byombo a player who is maybe the safest bet for a high interest in defense and work ethic
                Last edited by jbml; Mon Jun 20, 2011, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                  Yes, what the Raptors need are more players that simply need a change of scenery!

My two dealbreakers are interest in defense and work ethic. Those are things I really don't think a player can learn. It's either part of them or it isn't. You can fake it temporarily, but I think you're going to have trouble winning with guys like that.
                  If there really is a problem with his work ethic than I am in full agreement, he should not be part of this team. You mock the power of the scenery change now, but look how it worked out for Kris Humphries. Dude finally learned how to do the dirty work. This is probably not one of those situations where a scenery change would really help, but it does work for some guys.
                  "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

The Raptors have the right coach to get Al playing good defense.

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                      If there really is a problem with his work ethic than I am in full agreement, he should not be part of this team. You mock the power of the scenery change now, but look how it worked out for Kris Humphries. Dude finally learned how to do the dirty work. This is probably not one of those situations where a scenery change would really help, but it does work for some guys.
                      That wasn't a change of scenery. That was simply time. And work ethic was not his problem. His problem is that it took him 6 years to figure out he's not going to be the player he thought he was coming out of college. He finally realized that his true worth was as a role player, which meant just doing the dirty work and leaving scoring to other players. He's always been a good rebounder and pretty good defender. It's just he always tried to do too much.

My feeling is that there are 4 reasons a player can "get it".

Maturity- A player simply grows up and realizes he needs to take his career more seriously. Unfortunately a lot of these situations are either shortlived, or only work in the right situation. Examples: Ron Artest, Zach Randolph, Rasheed Wallace

Opportunity- A player simply needs the playing time. Example: Amir Johnson

Niche- A lot of players simply take a while to figure out their place in the league. Most of these guys were stars in college, so for some it takes longer to become role players. Example: Kris Humphries

Positon- Some players take time to learn their NBA position. This is especially true of the PG position. Example: Chauncey Billups

The first and last reasons are probably the riskiest.
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

id take this trade and try to unload jose onto them also . with the twelfth pick we can take jimmer fredette
                        ya dun noe

Comment

Trade Davis and Amir for jefferson and pick
                          Start Weems as our Sf
                          Draft Jimmer

Calderon
                          Freddette
                          Weems
                          Jefferson
                          Bargnani

Championship team right there ;p

Comment

A lot of guys around here seem to be really enthusiastic about picking up a guy that both Minnesota and apparently Utah were willing to give away for basically nothing. Perhaps there's a good reason for that.
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

bballnut27 wrote: View Post
                              Trade Davis and Amir for jefferson and pick
                              Start Weems as our Sf
                              Draft Jimmer

Calderon
                              Freddette
                              Weems
                              Jefferson
                              Bargnani

Championship team right there ;p
                              that is a terrible team that team wouldn't win more than 25 games let alone a championship. I don't know if you were joking but that is a terrible trade and terrible team.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                                that is a terrible team that team wouldn't win more than 25 games let alone a championship. I don't know if you were joking but that is a terrible trade and terrible team.
                                I'm pretty sure he was joking. Notice his little smiley thing at the end.
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X