Linas Kleiza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linas Kleiza

Kleiza is the absolute worst. The dude reminds me so much of an arrogant Euro hockey player where they only care about getting their stats and are not team players, while not realizing they aren't as good as they think they are He is worse than Carlos Delfino in terms of shot selection. I watch the Raptors with a group of guys and we all fight about who hinders this team whether its Jose, Bayless, Weems, Amir, but we all unanimously agree the Kleiza is the worst part of the Raptors. He is a ball hog, he has taken the last shot a few times and missed badly. He takes bad shot, he's a piss poor defender. Jay needs to realize that Kleiza and Weems are not fourth quarter players. BC needs to understand that going European is not the way to go. I cannot put up with this character for another three years or however long his contract is. Even when the Raptors are winning, if Kleiza is on the court, the game isn't even enjoyable.

how can he play in the league??
    Let's go Raptors!

Comment

I feel weems is the worst but then again Kleiza plays against bench players more, so he has to produce more which he can't.

Comment

Kleiza has the ability to make more of an impact than Weems can. It's tough to be in the starting lineup then be removed just as quick. It could be a matter of needing a confidence boost. He's got a reasonable contract and has a good inside out game, but he just doesn't maximize it to his potential.

Comment

My problem with Kleiza is that compared to the preseason, right now he looks kind of flabby and out of shape. Also, and this is something Jack Armstrong is saying all the time, the guy tries to do too much on offense, when he should literally only be taking open shots or quick one dribble layups. I swear he's the only player I've seen who's managed to get called for travelling nearly EVERY SINGLE GAME this year. It would help if he also did more on defense than just rebound, but he's kind of slow to guard guys. I really think he needs to lose some weight.

Comment

Kleiza cant:

- dribble the ball more then 2 feet
            - can't shoot 3 pointers
            - can't defend

What he can do:

- on occassions nail the open shot 18 ft
            - lay ups
            - post up against subpar talent

The guy is a bench player in the NBA which is why Denver refused to give him the money he wanted. This is the exact same thing that happened with Delfino but only with Delfino the Raptors had one year remaining in his contract and after they saw what they had in him they refused to give him the money he wanted. Actually scratch that, this is more like a Kapono situation all over again.

I wonder if Colangelo still thinks Kleiza is worth 5 million a year?!

Comment

I like Kleiza's patented off-the-foot dribble or his favourite go to move - the 4 step travel. I wince whenever he tries to dribble the ball. Its like he has a hook for a left hand. I think he will start to improve. He was primarily a catch and shoot perimeter guy in Denver and he is trying to add some new stuff to his game in the NBA. He might work out yet.

While he has been a disappointment, he is far from the biggest problem on the team, never mind just the wings. There are two others in front of him who are playing some pretty dreadful basketball. I think Sonny and Demar need to get out of their funk, Demar especially, as he is one of the keys to our future.
              Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

I think Kleiza can help the team, he is one of the best offensive options when he is on the floor, I'd like to see more plays drawn for him. He had an excellent game in Denver, which was one of the only games that I've seen him play hard in and demand possessions. He is a good shooter though, which this team is lacking right now, and he can rebound when he wants to.

We have enough guys that want to drive the basket, the coach needs to just put him on the perimeter and tell guys to kick out to him for the shot. I have rarely seen this happen, the Raps seem to get stuck in a pattern of trying to drive the paint, even when it's painfully not working anymore because everyone collapses on them.

Comment

RaptorDan wrote: View Post
                  I like Kleiza's patented off-the-foot dribble or his favourite go to move - the 4 step travel. I wince whenever he tries to dribble the ball. Its like he has a hook for a left hand. I think he will start to improve. He was primarily a catch and shoot perimeter guy in Denver and he is trying to add some new stuff to his game in the NBA. He might work out yet.

While he has been a disappointment, he is far from the biggest problem on the team, never mind just the wings. There are two others in front of him who are playing some pretty dreadful basketball. I think Sonny and Demar need to get out of their funk, Demar especially, as he is one of the keys to our future.
                  LMAO, hook for a left hand, that was awesome

Comment

Its the Raptors curse. We turn good players into mutt.
                    Kleiza was a shooter, hard-nosed defender when he was in Denver.
                    But here, he seems too relaxed, well i guess i would be too, if im set for 4 years at almost 5mil per
                    might also be because in Denver, Karl pushed him a lot do work, not sure if triano has the same impact on his players
                    when they signed him, i thought he'd be a perfect fit, running big who can space the floor with his shooting touch.
                    turns out we have another Hedo in the making.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                      Its the Raptors curse.
                      turns out we have another Hedo in the making.
                      LOL i was thinking he reminds me more of him everyday piss poor attitude, can't spell defence, shot hits in as many games as he gets paycheques and hes got one of those faces that i just want to smack baby powder and all.

bright side is hes less then half the prices

Comment

I thought Kleiza was playing good at the beginning of the year when he was starting. I imagine he is disappointed that he lost his spot coming back from his minor injury. I think he is a better, more complete player compared to Weems and should be starting. He's the better defender, passer, shooter and post player. He has made some poor decisions of late, but nothing compares to the horrible decision making Sonny has been displaying. There must be something going on behind the scenes because based on skill and what this team needs, Kleiza, even Wright, would serve the team better playing more minutes.

Comment

Thom wrote: View Post
                          I thought Kleiza was playing good at the beginning of the year when he was starting. I imagine he is disappointed that he lost his spot coming back from his minor injury. I think he is a better, more complete player compared to Weems and should be starting. He's the better defender, passer, shooter and post player. He has made some poor decisions of late, but nothing compares to the horrible decision making Sonny has been displaying. There must be something going on behind the scenes because based on skill and what this team needs, Kleiza, even Wright, would serve the team better playing more minutes.
                          I agree. I think Triano keeps Weems in because heis faster and more athletic and maybe a bit better defender. But he makes bad offensive decisions, I'd rather see Kleiza starting. That being said, Kleiza hasn't exactly fought to get his starting job back. He has wilted.

Comment

Kleiza is an inconsistent player (as the whole team suffers from this "disease"). Last year he was very good, but again he was lost when his team (Olympiacos) was playing big matches.
                            I believed that the European "adventure" could make him better and more mature, but i was wrong.

Comment

Working...
                            X