Old vs. New

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old vs. New

How does the current starting 5 of the raps stack up to the best in franchise history?

Anybody wanna do an analysis with me for each playing position?

C = Bargnani vs. Antonio Davis
    PF = Amir vs. Bosh
    SF = Kleiza vs. Jalen Rose
    SG = Demar vs. VC
    PG = Calderon vs. Alvin Williams

Bargs, Kleiza and Jose definitely have the potential to overtake their counterparts, not sure about Amir and Demar. Demar has loads of potential but i dont think he'll ever be as good as VC was. Same with Amir.

Now the "best in franchise history" are up for debate, but these are who i consider as such.

Do you think Bargs and Demar will be able to break the records Bosh and VC accomplished?

tbihis wrote: View Post
    How does the current starting 5 of the raps stack up to the best in franchise history?

PF = Amir vs. Bosh
    SG = Demar vs. VC

Bargs, Kleiza and Jose definitely have the potential to overtake their counterparts, not sure about Amir and Demar. Demar has loads of potential but i dont think he'll ever be as good as VC was. Same with Amir.

Now the "best in franchise history" are up for debate, but these are who i consider as such.

Do you think Bargs and Demar will be able to break the records Bosh and VC accomplished?
    If Bargnani plays 10 years with the Raps and stays as "franchise player" then I think he can definitely break ALL of Bosh's records (apart from free throws).

DD will never be VC. So yeah...

Comment

PF = Amir vs. Bosh
      SG = Demar vs. VC

RFLMAO.

This is pretty funny.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
        RFLMAO.

This is pretty funny.
        enlighten me.

"LOL! After Today's Game Maybe Amir Should Have Been Chosen To Team USA " - this may be funnier

"PF - Johnson (6pts per game) vs J. Green (15 pts per game) - Two young athletic guys who can run the court and defend. Green relies a lot on the three point shot for his offense. Johnson relies more on the pick and roll and post up game for his offense - Slight edge to the Johnson because he is a lot more efficient on offense" - or this

"This Mean Anything? - Amir Tweets Asking What Fans Think of Anthony Becoming A Raptor" - i think this would be the best.
        Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Thu Sep 2, 2010, 03:37 PM.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
          If Bargnani plays 10 years with the Raps and stays as "franchise player" then I think he can definitely break ALL of Bosh's records (apart from free throws).

DD will never be VC. So yeah...
          Why will Bargnani break Bosh's records but DeRozan not break Vince's?
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

enlighten me.

"LOL! After Today's Game Maybe Amir Should Have Been Chosen To Team USA " - this may be funnier

"PF - Johnson (6pts per game) vs J. Green (15 pts per game) - Two young athletic guys who can run the court and defend. Green relies a lot on the three point shot for his offense. Johnson relies more on the pick and roll and post up game for his offense - Slight edge to the Johnson because he is a lot more efficient on offense" - or this

"This Mean Anything? - Amir Tweets Asking What Fans Think of Anthony Becoming A Raptor" - i think this would be the best.
            It is just too funny.

The new has never ever played one game together, so how can you compare?

Only 26? more days until camp opens. Thank goodness
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

It is just too funny.

The new has never ever played one game together, so how can you compare?

Only 26? more days until camp opens. Thank goodness
              common buddha, you know thats not a valid reason.
              i was actually hoping youd throw in a couple of stats to compare them at their stages of their careers
              sorry bout the sarcastic repost, just found it offensive you saying my post was funny without stating a reason
              dont let me add you to the likes of vinnie, sirchilly and ovrproof! hahahaha

Comment

common buddha, you know thats not a valid reason.
                i was actually hoping youd throw in a couple of stats to compare them at their stages of their careers
                sorry bout the sarcastic repost, just found it offensive you saying my post was funny without stating a reason
                dont let me add you to the likes of vinnie, sirchilly and ovrproof! hahahaha
                Aren't you ready for the 10-11 season to begin?

I want to see 10-11 stats.

Don't you?

Comment

Aren't you ready for the 10-11 season to begin?

I want to see 10-11 stats.

Don't you?
                  haha no man. im still dwelling on the past!

Comment

haha no man. im still dwelling on the past!
                    I like this kind of sheet

So I guess I will always dwell in the past

Comment

I like this kind of sheet

So I guess I will always dwell in the past
                      thats beautiful man.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                        Why will Bargnani break Bosh's records but DeRozan not break Vince's?
                        I said if Bargs plays his entire career, and I don't see him averaging under 15 ppg until he reaches his 30s. On the other hand I don't see DD ever getting alot passed 15 ppg..

Comment

I said if Bargs plays his entire career, and I don't see him averaging under 15 ppg until he reaches his 30s. On the other hand I don't see DD ever getting alot passed 15 ppg..
                          Personally, I see DeRozan having more potential as a scorer than Bargnani, because of his aggressiveness and ability to get to the line. Great scorers need to be able to get to the line at a high rate in order to be consistent. It's not how many ways you can score, it's how often you do it.
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                            Personally, I see DeRozan having more potential as a scorer than Bargnani, because of his aggressiveness and ability to get to the line. Great scorers need to be able to get to the line at a high rate in order to be consistent. It's not how many ways you can score, it's how often you do it.
                            I don't see it. You can't score only on dunks. But if he works on his shot, then yeah. But I think he'll never have the mid range jumper Vince had. Or all his offensive moves actually. But, I see DD and Kleiza leading the team in free throws next year

Comment

I don't see it. You can't score only on dunks. But if he works on his shot, then yeah. But I think he'll never have the mid range jumper Vince had. Or all his offensive moves actually. But, I see DD and Kleiza leading the team in free throws next year
                              I think DeRozan's offensive game in a couple of seasons from now will be a lot more complete than many now think it will be.

DeRozan has definitely improved his range since his high school days, even since his one season at USC. Amazingly enough he shot only .167 on threes at USC. That of course is with the arc being a few feet closer in the NCAA than in the NBA.

He then shot .250 on limited opportunities as a rookie in 09-10
                              He then shot .400 on only 5 shots in the LVSL. I expect him to average about one three point shot a game in 10-11 and shoot north of .300. How much north of it?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player...playerId=41016

Comment

Working...
                              X