Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So can we now criticize BC for the Hibbert-O'Neal trade ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So can we now criticize BC for the Hibbert-O'Neal trade ?

Now that Roy Hibbert is about to be a legit double double starting C (not the 17/6 future dbl dbl guy we have) i think its time fans start crticizing this deal more...With all the failed moves BC has made this one seems to get put on the backburner,but i think its time to put out there for everyone to laugh at....

Since we still looking for a legit big man and never actually competed with any of the guys we got (Marion,JO) and the guy we dealt along with TJ to acquire fiya knees this needs more attention.....and at the end of this equation we didnt get to use fiya knees exp contract and turned marion into turkeydo and quietly Big Roy is about to become the legit rebounding in the paint center we needed all along...

*sips tea elegantly*

as you were...

Trife76 wrote: View Post
    Now that Roy Hibbert is about to be a legit double double starting C (not the 17/6 future dbl dbl guy we have) i think its time fans start crticizing this deal more...With all the failed moves BC has made this one seems to get put on the backburner,but i think its time to put out there for everyone to laugh at....

Since we still looking for a legit big man and never actually competed with any of the guys we got (Marion,JO) and the guy we dealt along with TJ to acquire fiya knees this needs more attention.....and at the end of this equation we didnt get to use fiya knees exp contract and turned marion into turkeydo and quietly Big Roy is about to become the legit rebounding in the paint center we needed all along...

*sips tea elegantly*

as you were...
    Only if we can criticize every other single GM in hindsight for passing on players that ended up better than anyone expected. Only three current GMs haven't done that. Portland, Denver and Cleveland, and only because none of them have ever been in charge of a draft before.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

It was ok to criticize that trade from day one. It was high risk.

For the record, you can't say "Hibbert for O'Neal" because it's not accurate. It was Ford and a pick for O'Neal. Whether or not the Raptors would have selected Hibbert had they planned to keep the pick no one can know. They took Hibbert because the Pacers wanted him.

Comment

Because of Hibberts pre-season? This is so stupid

Comment

...fiya knees? What the hell is this thread about?

Comment

OMFG.. I don't know how I'm gonna sleep at night that Colangelo traded away arguably the best man in the NBA in Roy Ribbert. I don't think I can go on. My life no longer has meaning.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
              OMFG.. I don't know how I'm gonna sleep at night that Colangelo traded away arguably the best man in the NBA in Roy Ribbert. I don't think I can go on. My life no longer has meaning.
              I agree it doesnt,but lets keep it basketball breh...

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
                Because of Hibberts pre-season? This is so stupid
                I guess you didnt notice he start ballin last year...

Comment

I guess you didnt notice he start ballin last year...
                  Yup. At 7'2", he was ballin collecting 5 boards a game.

Comment

Yup. At 7'2", he was ballin collecting 5 boards a game.
                    Yea in his 2nd season in 25 MPG...and he is showing that he will be a 15/10 guy as a starter....meanwhile i bet you dont talk about bargs first 2 seasons being under 4 boards a game yea and he 7 foot TALK about it ?

Bargs career average is 4.8 boards a game,talk about ?

in 25 MPG 12 pts 6 rebs shooting 50 % in his 2nd season...is about to become a legit big on an up and comig team
                    meanwhile over here in his 6th season bargs still has people believing he's on the verge of an all star berth lol...

Comment

Hibbert is a very good young player, it was obvious even when he first came up. Looking back on it, lots of deals aren't worth it for one of the parties involved, especially a prospect for an established player. It's hard to say what will happen to an athlete, especially younger guys...if Hibbert had ended up here maybe he would end up stuck behind somebody in the rotation or lose out on the specific development he needed to turn the corner? Credit to him for putting in the time and raising the level of his game.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        It was ok to criticize that trade from day one. It was high risk.

For the record, you can't say "Hibbert for O'Neal" because it's not accurate. It was Ford and a pick for O'Neal. Whether or not the Raptors would have selected Hibbert had they planned to keep the pick no one can know. They took Hibbert because the Pacers wanted him.
                        I don't if dealing the 17th pick is really all that high risk. And everyone seems to be forgetting the questions surrounding Hibbert when he came out. Most scouts thought he might not have the agility to be able to really be a big minute player in the NBA. Otherwise a 7'2 center that can defend, score and rebound would have gone much higher.
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                          I don't if dealing the 17th pick is really all that high risk. And everyone seems to be forgetting the questions surrounding Hibbert when he came out. Most scouts thought he might not have the agility to be able to really be a big minute player in the NBA. Otherwise a 7'2 center that can defend, score and rebound would have gone much higher.
                          Same scouts that said Emeka Okafor was goin to be dominant low post player and a safer pick then D12.
                          Last edited by Trife76; Wed Oct 20, 2010, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Yea in his 2nd season in 25 MPG...and he is showing that he will be a 15/10 guy as a starter....meanwhile i bet you dont talk about bargs first 2 seasons being under 4 boards a game yea and he 7 foot TALK about it ?

Bargs career average is 4.8 boards a game,talk about ?

in 25 MPG 12 pts 6 rebs shooting 50 % in his 2nd season...is about to become a legit big on an up and comig team
                            meanwhile over here in his 6th season bargs still has people believing he's on the verge of an all star berth lol...
                            Dude, the way you're hyping him up, it's like he's some sort of all-world player. Don't get me wrong, he's a solid player, but crying over Roy Hibbert? Seriously. You're bashing Bargnani and his lack of rebounding and that was because he would spent most of his time on the perimeter. Hibbert's 7'2" and grabbed 1 board over 5 minutes being in the paint/under the hoop. That's real TALK right there.

Let's see if he can actually put up the same numbers in real competition this season with extended minutes.

And what fan on here said that Bargnani is an all-star? Most people here are realists.

Comment

Dude, the way you're hyping him up, it's like he's some sort of all-world player. Don't get me wrong, he's a solid player, but crying over Roy Hibbert? Seriously. You're bashing Bargnani and his lack of rebounding and that was because he would spent most of his time on the perimeter. Hibbert's 7'2" and grabbed 1 board over 5 minutes being in the paint/under the hoop. That's real TALK right there.

Let's see if he can actually put up the same numbers in real competition this season with extended minutes.

And what fan on here said that Bargnani is an all-star? Most people here are realists.
                              People HERE are realists ? lol
                              Hibbert is going to put up a near dbl dbl this year those that watch him,know this so by all means continue to toss out meaningless
                              bs stats of what he did last year his soph season.....

Comment

Working...
                              X