Lakers 7th pick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lakers 7th pick?

I think if Embiid is off the board by the Lakers pick that it puts the pick drastically in play. Would a trade of Amir + Vasquez rights + 20th pick be enough? We can toss in a future 2nd or something but that would be the core of the trade. I think Marcus Smart and Julius Randle have that IT factor if available at 7.

In order to trade Vasquez, it would have to be a sign and trade and that can only take place after July 1 with the draft being next Thursday.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
      In order to trade Vasquez, it would have to be a sign and trade and that can only take place after July 1 with the draft being next Thursday.
      Im just wondering. Could you make a trade draft day and pick your guy. Than make a verbal agreement to sign and trade on july 1st. Or does it not work that way.

So not that im board with this but the tade would be

Johnson #20 and verbal agreement to sign and tade greasy

For #7

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

I don't see the Lakers doing that trade, they're giving up a potential star for 3 role players pretty much.

Comment

one to wrote: View Post
          I think if Embiid is off the board by the Lakers pick that it puts the pick drastically in play. Would a trade of Amir + Vasquez rights + 20th pick be enough? We can toss in a future 2nd or something but that would be the core of the trade. I think Marcus Smart and Julius Randle have that IT factor if available at 7.
          No, it will not be enough. You are not even close to what Lakers would expect for their #7 pick. Not even in the closed proximity.

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
            Im just wondering. Could you make a trade draft day and pick your guy. Than make a verbal agreement to sign and trade on july 1st. Or does it not work that way.

So not that im board with this but the tade would be

Johnson #20 and verbal agreement to sign and tade greasy

For #7

No negotiations until July 1 and even then signings don't become official for about 10 days.

Comment

i wouldn't trade up for embiid

the list of players who've had his specific surgery is depressing
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

no way in hell lakers do that. gonna take either DD, JV or a package of Ross, Amir, and at least the 20th, probably more.
                "Bruno?
                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                  No negotiations until July 1 and even then signings don't become official for about 10 days.
                  So you cant even talk about it?

I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Who knows what goes on behind the scenes but it is certain that Vasquez can not be a part of any trade before July 1. He's a restricted free agent. After July 1 he can resign with the Raptors or he can sign an offer sheet with another team and the Raptors have a few days to match the offer.

Comment

No, you can't even talk about it.

And it puts the teams in an awkward position. Say you have a trade agreed to, with GV signing for 5M. Then July comes around and GV realizes the deal still works under the cap if he gets 8M. So he's got all the leverage. Neither team wants to renege on the deal, but since only TOR could have talked to GV before the trade was agreed to, there's really no agreement with the other team broken by GV.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I think we can all stop trying to trade up in to the top 10. It generally would cost too much, and our guys aren't valued high enough anyways. Raptors just don't get the same press that other NBA teams get, meaning our players don't get the same trade value they deserve.

This actually makes it easier for us to keep our own guys though, since their skills are not fully recognized by other teams.

Possibly only DD or JV could do this kind of trade, or Ross and another couple rotation players and a draft pick.

Too steep for draft pick that has no guarentees.

Comment

Stevo wrote: View Post
                          I think we can all stop trying to trade up in to the top 10. It generally would cost too much, and our guys aren't valued high enough anyways. Raptors just don't get the same press that other NBA teams get, meaning our players don't get the same trade value they deserve.

This actually makes it easier for us to keep our own guys though, since their skills are not fully recognized by other teams.

Possibly only DD or JV could do this kind of trade, or Ross and another couple rotation players and a draft pick.

Too steep for draft pick that has no guarentees.
                          I disagree about the players not getting the trade value they deserve. Coaches aren't casual fans who only conduct their scouting reports based off ESPN highlights, that would make them bad at their job lol

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
                          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                            I disagree about the players not getting the trade value they deserve. Coaches aren't casual fans who only conduct their scouting reports based off ESPN highlights, that would make them bad at their job lol

I think you may be right, and I may have overspoken here. Though it's GM's, not coaches. =)

Still, for the Lakers 7th pick, I don't think there is a trade to be had that is either mutually beneficial or a good deal for us.

Comment

Stevo wrote: View Post
                              I think you may be right, and I may have overspoken here. Though it's GM's, not coaches. =)

Still, for the Lakers 7th pick, I don't think there is a trade to be had that is either mutually beneficial or a good deal for us.
                              Right, GM's lol my bad

You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Working...
                              X