X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently Suns have been in contact with Patrick Patterson

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      ...MLSE can afford the tax, but there is a repeater penalty if you are in the tax 3 out of 4 years. We need to avoid the tax this year since we aren't contending and so it's not something we'd have to worry about 3 or 4 years from now.
      Let's allow the bean counters to worry about the luxury tax and how they deal with it. Raps have 5 or 6 guys coming off the books next year. If they can sign most of their players to reasonable contracts, then those players don't represent threats to the teams salary cap or tax position. The Raps can always trade them for draft picks in future years. Immediate tax relief.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        It's not the salary cap that's worrisome it's luxury tax. I believe the math was about $23M to fit Lowry, GV, Patterson and a MLE before they hit the luxury tax wall. If Lowry signs for less, they have more money to give to GV or Patterson.

MLSE can afford the tax, but there is a repeater penalty if you are in the tax 3 out of 4 years. We need to avoid the tax this year since we aren't contending and so it's not something we'd have to worry about 3 or 4 years from now.
        Well the tax is projected at what, $77M? Seems like a number they can avoid. They have a decent amount of breathing room.

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
          Apparently Suns have been in contact with Patrick Patterson
          What? Why? They have two Patterson types in the Morris twins and just drafted a tweener forward in TJ Warren. I fucking hate the Suns.

Comment

• Jamshid wrote: View Post
            Why would anyone pay 2Pat that kind of money !!!!
            I've covered this off in other posts but because he is essentially a 6th man/a big/plays defense/can shoot 3s/can start/is still getting better and is unselfish. Considering Jodie Meeks can do only 1 of those things and just got 6 million you can see how that goes.
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

do you have a source for that. I haven't seen anything
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

This summer is making the Suns one of the most hated teams in the league for me.

Ennis, supposedly wanting caboclo and forcing us to take him at 20, and now this??? FUCK PHOENIX

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                  Let's allow the bean counters to worry about the luxury tax and how they deal with it. Raps have 5 or 6 guys coming off the books next year. If they can sign most of their players to reasonable contracts, then those players don't represent threats to the teams salary cap or tax position. The Raps can always trade them for draft picks in future years. Immediate tax relief.
                  My vision is for the Raptors to go after a max free agent next season using up most of the cap space left behind by those expiring contracts.. nudging them towards luxury tax then and maintaining that for the next few years when JV/TR's contracts are up for renewal.

Either way the Raptors can go over the tax now as long as they aren't by July 1, 2015. So they could always trade a player like Lou at the deadline for a draft pick for cap relief.

Just don't want the luxury tax to be a road block in improving the team when they are in contention.

Comment

• FUCK PHX is going to be my new license plate...unless I get a Toyota Highlander...in which case it's going to be

ONLY ONE

Comment

• do any teams have TPE that can or would swallow Novak, Hayes, Fields(not sure why they would want him) or Hansbrough?

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                        I've covered this off in other posts but because he is essentially a 6th man/a big/plays defense/can shoot 3s/can start/is still getting better and is unselfish. Considering Jodie Meeks can do only 1 of those things and just got 6 million you can see how that goes.
                        What was he getting before coming to Toronto ? How was his stock before coming to Toronto ? Just because someone gave Meeks a really bad contract, it does not mean suddenly everyone should get more !!!

How you guys have these logics is beyond me ... Lets say, you go to a dealership to buy a Corolla and the sales guy just sold a lemon to guy before you for 10k more than the Blue book value. Does that justify you paying 10 more for the car you want as well ?

2Pat was not a very hot commodity in NBA before his time in Toronto and even in Toronto, we really did not do anything special.

With the money that you are throwing away, our team will be Capped out by having the current core of people for next 3-4 years and this core is not good enough to win ...

By the way, how much you think/predict Lowry to get ?

Comment

The Suns also have made contact with or been contacted by at least 12 other free agents. That includes unrestricted free agents Pau Gasol, Trevor Ariza, Luol Deng, Spencer Hawes, Danny Granger, Ed Davis, Marvin Williams and Josh McRoberts and restricted free agents Gordon Hayward, Chandler Parsons, Isaiah Thomas and Patrick Patterson. - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/phoe....9fi3mgMm.dpuf

Wouldn't read too much in that.
                          Myself (March 2014):
                          The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                            Pat was always going to be the tougher signing, but the fact that he's a role player and RFA probably works in Toronto's favour.

Comment

• you are correct 2Pat is not a hot commodity.

He is however universally known as versatile stretch 4 that plays defense and rebounds, a consumate glue guy and a fringe starter with upside still to come.

6 million per year is what you pay guys like him unless you have three superstars and are chasing rings

Comment

• Maybe Patterson to Phoenix results in sign and trade with Ennis coming back?

Remember, Raps have right to match so only way the Suns get him is a ridiculous offer.

Comment

Working...
                                X