Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors receive B grade from NBA.com on their summer grades

http://www.nba.com/reportcard/summer/2012/raptors/

Do they deserve a high grade like that ?

If 'B' is defined as "above average", it's hard to see how a higher grade is warranted.

Edit: I just re-read the OP. It looks like it was questioning whether 'B' was too high of a grade.

I guess at the end of the day, the only way to accurately grade the off-season, is to see how the moves work out on the court.
    Last edited by Nilanka; Tue Aug 14, 2012, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      If 'B' is defined as "above average", it's hard to see how a higher grade is warranted.
      +1

Comment

Anyone surprised at the C for bench? Our bench is solid. I mean, Calderon, Ross, Kleiza, ED, and Amir as the 2nd unit, and Lucas, Anderson, Acy and Gray as lesser used bench guys. Looks like an above average bench to me.

I saw ESPN released their new grades for the offseason. Anyone who has insider willing to put it up? Really curious to see what different people are saying about this team.

EDIT: Just saw it posted on the front page.
        Last edited by Red and White; Tue Aug 14, 2012, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
          Anyone surprised at the C for bench? Our bench is solid. I mean, Calderon, Ross, Kleiza, ED, and Amir as the 2nd unit, and Lucas, Anderson, Acy and Gray as lesser used bench guys. Looks like an above average bench to me.

I saw ESPN released their new grades for the offseason. Anyone who has insider willing to put it up? Really curious to see what different people are saying about this team.

EDIT: Just saw it posted on the front page.
          Calderon, Kleiza and Amir are really the only bench players worth mentioning.

Ross has potential, but Davis hasn't done anything to prove (to American media members) that he's capable of contributing consistently.

Lucas, Anderson and Acy will likely be in street clothes most nights.

Comment

Ross has potential, but Davis hasn't done anything to prove (to American media members) that he's capable of contributing consistently.

I disagree here. Both of these guys should be considered when grading this team's bench going into next season. While Ross has not played in the league yet, it is undeniable that he is a talented player, and the team drafting him added talent to the bench. As for Ed, I do not see how the guy who led the team in rebounding last year should not be mentioned.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
              I disagree here. Both of these guys should be considered when grading this team's bench going into next season. While Ross has not played in the league yet, it is undeniable that he is a talented player, and the team drafting him added talent to the bench. As for Ed, I do not see how the guy who led the team in rebounding last year should not be mentioned.
              I didn't mean it literally (that they shouldn't be mentioned). I meant that neither Ross nor Davis should be considered bench "strengths" to the point that our overall bench deserves a higher grade. The question is, would Davis have even got the minutes he did if not for Bargnani's injury?

Just my opinion, of course

Comment

+1

It's hard to determine how much impact Ross (or even JV for that matter) until we see them play against NBA competition. And no, the Olympics and the Summer League is not NBA-type.

Let's hope for the best but don't set the set the bar so high we're sure to be disappointed.

Ed Davis was a below average bench player last year but he may benefit greatly from a first full training camp and lots of practices in the early season. We will see soon enough.

Comment

like our grade. i think they graded each team seperately and against itself. how did okc get an a? they didnt do anything? and the heat only got a b where they got clearly better with allen.

the wolves are a team i thought did well this offseason and the mavs. it's funny how only one team failed the offseason.

Comment

Working...
                  X