This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    I don't really care to the point where I'm forcing you to change it. I just don't understand you.
    Stop being a dick and deal with it. He can talk how he wants as long as he's not directly insulting someone personally.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
      How is 25 years old not young?
      He was born in 88
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Can block shots and shoot the three. If I were Terrence Ross I would start getting worried.
        no ... no, i dont think he would be worried about this signing

Comment

Just thought I would mention that MU has slowly created the following scenario (Acy, Amir, Aaron, KL obviously non MU pieces)

Austin Daye - 2 years 2nd year non guaranteed.
          Amir Johnson - 2 years 2nd year non guaranteed.
          Aaron Gray - 1 year expiring
          DJ Augustin - 1 year expiring
          Quincy Acy - 2 years 2nd year non guaranteed
          Dwight Buycks - 2 years 2nd year non guaranteed
          Tyler Hansbrough - 2 years 2nd year non guaranteed
          Kyle Lowry - 1 year expiring
          Q-Rich - 3 years 2nd and 3rd year not guaranteed
          Rudy - 2 years (2nd year player option)

Only DeMar Novak, JV, Ross and Landry are guaranteed beyond this season
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I'm cool with this signing. He's a stretch 4, which the team lacked so he brings some more versatility to the lineup. He had a .531 TS% last year and shot .418 3pt%. He also shot .765 FT%. So a pretty good shooter. Those who said he is a better version of Bargs are spot on. He rebounds slightly better than Bargs, and is a much better shot blocker. We needed more shooters so why not? He's young, cheap, and can easily earn that contract. In addition, he might turn into a long term role player off the bench since he is young enough to grow with this squad. Glad to see Ujiri taking chances on guys like this instead of junk like John Lucas or Caron Butler.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              He was born in 88
              1988 + 25 = 2013

Am I missing something?

Comment

If 25 isn't young does that mean at 28 I'm old?
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                  If 25 isn't young does that mean at 28 I'm old?
                  yes. fellow geezer here.

Comment

Perception of age in terms of young/old is subjective. The league average is 26.7 years.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...ats.html?redir

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                      Stop being a dick and deal with it. He can talk how he wants as long as he's not directly insulting someone personally.
                      The irony in this comment. Nuff' said...

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
                        Because we don't need a poor man's Steve Novak.(that's saying something)
                        If Daye finds some more shooting form - and you have to assume that this is part of Nick Nurse's job - then he becomes a movable asset, the sort of player who gets you a second-rounder. That's really the entire reason for the contract. Most of Masai's signings are low-risk lottery tickets and this is basically the same thing. If Daye produces, either he becomes a cheap roleplayer or he'll be gone in a trade to get us better assets (most likely a second-rounder or draft rights to someone Masai likes). If he doesn't, welp, no second year guarantee means that lottery ticket didn't produce a scratch-and-win, shucks, we didn't get value from the ass end of our bench just like ninety percent of teams don't.

All of Masai's signings have been like this. Augustin: if he returns to form he's a bargain, if not, whatever. Buycks: a rookie find with real upside and if he doesn't pan out, not a big deal. Psycho T was clearly underpriced so he'll get some minutes and then, most likely, some team thinking he's worth double his current salary and needing a solid backup big will call, and if we don't need him we'll get some quality trade value from him.

Comment

As a note, 2M for 2 years is literally the minimum for a player with his experience. Could not have spent less on him. Especially considering the 2nd unguaranteed year.

And a note for the list of unguaranteed contracts someone posted above - Amir's contract is guaranteed for 5 of his 7 M next year - no way they waive him to save 2 M.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Masai signs contracts with the intent of creating flexibility. Literally every contract signed since he got here has been been fair, to below market value, high upside, low risk, high reward, easily moveable deals. If two out (Daye, Augustin, Buycks, Novak, Hansbrough, or Richardson) either find their form, regain their form, or settle in to a role we win.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                              And a note for the list of unguaranteed contracts someone posted above - Amir's contract is guaranteed for 5 of his 7 M next year - no way they waive him to save 2 M.
                              I agree that Amir likely won't be waived. It was more to illustrate just how much flexibility was being created.

Comment

Any possible comparison between Austin Daye and Corey Brewer? Because physically they seem similar.

Comment

Working...
                                X