Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speculation: Raptors Will Offer Jose Contract In Offseason

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Michel G wrote: View Post
    Calderon does NOT see himself as a backup. Pau Gasol said that neither Lowry nor Jose would be happy in the role. Why are we still talking about this?.
    Why are we still talking about this?! because Kyle Lowry has yet to prove he is a good capable point guard. A good point guard does not make so many turnovers or silly wild mistakes during the game as much as Lowry does.
    After next season he might just leave the Raptors high and dry and where will that leave the Raptors?! You know Lowry will seriously want to get paid that year, at least with Jose you will have some insurance instead of being hijacked by some outrageous demands for a point guard that seems stuborn in his ways.

    Comment


    • #32
      Hotshot wrote: View Post
      Why are we still talking about this?! because Kyle Lowry has yet to prove he is a good capable point guard. A good point guard does not make so many turnovers or silly wild mistakes during the game as much as Lowry does.
      After next season he might just leave the Raptors high and dry and where will that leave the Raptors?! You know Lowry will seriously want to get paid that year, at least with Jose you will have some insurance instead of being hijacked by some outrageous demands for a point guard that is unwilling to work on his flaws.
      Yes, but Lowry is clearly a better player in general. This team isn't good enough to start nitpicking at their back-up positions, etc, etc. Talent is still a bit of an issue for the Raptors, and as much as Calderon is a better POINT-GUARD, he's not a better talent.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

      Comment


      • #33
        RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
        Yes, but Lowry is clearly a better player in general. This team isn't good enough to start nitpicking at their back-up positions, etc, etc. Talent is still a bit of an issue for the Raptors, and as much as Calderon is a better POINT-GUARD, he's not a better talent.
        True Lowry is a better player but we shell see how much he is asking for or if he really wishes to stick around, in the meantime you need insurance. So on second thought after looking at 2013 free agents list, there are plenty of second string point guard available. I am sure Colangelo will probably sign Wil Bynum for small fee.

        Comment


        • #34
          Hotshot wrote: View Post
          True Lowry is a better player but we shell see how much he is asking for or if he really wishes to stick around, in the meantime you need insurance. So on second thought after looking at 2013 free agents list, there are plenty of second string point guard available. I am sure Colangelo will probably sign Wil Bynum for small fee.
          Lowry at this point is definitely worth more that 6$ million as a player. If anything, I would only pay him as much as Demar is getting.

          Yes insurance, but for the meantime until we can find a true back-up, Will Bynum is not the ideal player I would put faith in as a primary back up. Pass first guy is ideal with the way the team currently plays. Luke Ridnour is a pipe dream.
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

          Comment


          • #35
            Hotshot wrote: View Post
            Why are we still talking about this?! because Kyle Lowry has yet to prove he is a good capable point guard. A good point guard does not make so many turnovers or silly wild mistakes during the game as much as Lowry does.
            After next season he might just leave the Raptors high and dry and where will that leave the Raptors?! You know Lowry will seriously want to get paid that year, at least with Jose you will have some insurance instead of being hijacked by some outrageous demands for a point guard that seems stuborn in his ways.
            Lowry has been a good capable point guard for 3 years. Lowry is 26th in the league in turnovers per game for point guards. He's not as turnover prone has people make him out to be. Actually, his overall stats are quite good and he doesn't force his game as much as people seem to think.

            I will say it again. Calderon does not see himself as a backup. If they trade Lowry and then sign Jose in the summer, then I would be ok with that.

            Why is it so hard for people to let go of Jose? We've had ONE winning record in the last 11 years. I'm not attached to anybody on this team except the rookies and Rudy Gay.

            Comment


            • #36
              I don't think this is going to happen. I love Jose, I think he is the best PG that has played for the Raptors but I think Raps. are better off without him and the controversy that his re-acquisition would create. Kyle is building a nice chemistry with Gay and the rest of the guys so IMO it better not be disturbed. An able back up PG is what we need and I'm sure BC will acquire one.
              Attitude Is A Choice.

              Comment


              • #37
                Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
                I don't think this is going to happen. I love Jose, I think he is the best PG that has played for the Raptors but I think Raps. are better off without him and the controversy that his re-acquisition would create. Kyle is building a nice chemistry with Gay and the rest of the guys so IMO it better not be disturbed. An able back up PG is what we need and I'm sure BC will acquire one.
                +1

                Comment


                • #38
                  Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
                  I don't think this is going to happen. I love Jose, I think he is the best PG that has played for the Raptors but I think Raps. are better off without him and the controversy that his re-acquisition would create. Kyle is building a nice chemistry with Gay and the rest of the guys so IMO it better not be disturbed. An able back up PG is what we need and I'm sure BC will acquire one.
                  I somewhat agree with this, but think that a later reconnection would be ok. When Jose is very clearly not capable of providing a controversy to that degree, but I think he will still be among the better backups in the league...as in, his last NBA contract, which I very much doubt will be his next one. I think he's got at least one more contract after the one he signs this summer.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
                    I don't think this is going to happen. I love Jose, I think he is the best PG that has played for the Raptors but I think Raps. are better off without him and the controversy that his re-acquisition would create. Kyle is building a nice chemistry with Gay and the rest of the guys so IMO it better not be disturbed. An able back up PG is what we need and I'm sure BC will acquire one.
                    Well said. I am a huge Calderon fan and thought he deserved to be playing ahead of Lowry this year but I don't see the need to bring him back. It seems like they'd just be asking for the same issues to reignite next season too. There's no doubt that Lowry looks more comfortable since the trade deadline and it's nice not to have a pg controversy hanging over the team for what seems like the first time in 6+ years.

                    On top of all that, they probably won't have the cash to do it and I don't think Jose would come back here anyway.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Back up PG's are a dime a dozen. I don't think we'll have a problem finding one. I'd like to see the Raptors start grooming a young PG for the future though.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Jose plays dramatically worse coming off the bench. The Raptors are playing better than ever since Lowry took over after the trade. Hopefully Jose can find a starting job andnot even contemplate a backup job in Toronto.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          RaptorReuben wrote: View Post

                          Yes insurance, but for the meantime until we can find a true back-up, Will Bynum is not the ideal player I would put faith in as a primary back up. Pass first guy is ideal with the way the team currently plays. Luke Ridnour is a pipe dream.
                          I only said Will Bynum because Colangelo seems to love players who used to play for Maccabi Tel-Aviv so you better believe he will call and inquire about Bynum for second string point guard duties.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Hotshot wrote: View Post
                            I only said Will Bynum because Colangelo seems to love players who used to play for Maccabi Tel-Aviv so you better believe he will call and inquire about Bynum for second string point guard duties.
                            Ugh. Well, I sure as hell hope he doesn't. lol.
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X