X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka
    replied
    ryley_b wrote: View Post
    Also worth noting: How is every player in the league still getting cooked off that little shimmy shake Anderson does? He goes right every single time but defenders are still jumping outta his way on that move.
    Probably because a scouting report doesn't exist for Anderson. Nobody knows who he is....

Leave a comment:

• wallz
    replied
    ryley_b wrote: View Post
    I see the comparison but I don't love it. People forget how good Parker was at coming off screens and knocking down a shot. He was a much better passer and definitely a better spot-up shooter. Both of them play pretty good D though.

Anderson is a better shot creator, trash talker, disappointed face maker and that's about it.

Also worth noting: How is every player in the league still getting cooked off that little shimmy shake Anderson does? He goes right every single time but defenders are still jumping outta his way on that move.
    I know! He doesn't look quick at all, but blows by guys like he's LBJ. I'm guessing with all the better defenders on Gay and Demar, the subpar defenders just can't handle him

Leave a comment:

• ryley_b
    replied
    I see the comparison but I don't love it. People forget how good Parker was at coming off screens and knocking down a shot. He was a much better passer and definitely a better spot-up shooter. Both of them play pretty good D though.

Anderson is a better shot creator, trash talker, disappointed face maker and that's about it.

Leave a comment:

• torch19
    replied
    The only similarity they have is they played for Maccabi Tel Aviv. In terms of their game, Alan Anderson brings more nasty while Anthony Parker has a calming effect.

If Alan Anderson had the same discipline as Anthony Parker, with his ball skills, he's a legitimate rotation player and he can even start for some teams. I believe Anderson has better ball skills than each Raptor player except for Gay. He's slightly ahead of Lowry for me because he has size for his position where as Lowry is short.

He's the only guy besides Gay who can break his man down off the bounce and go either way.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    footarez wrote: View Post
    I am not saying Parker was perfect but if you don't see how better Parker was in 2006 for example compared to Anderson now (around the same age I guess) - sure ,homer it is
    Have to agree. Parker had better court vision, was a better defender (though Anderson is one of the better Raps defenders of the last few years) and had better shot selection. He definitely didn't slash tot he basket as much, but maybe he didn't have to. His shot was more consistent.

Leave a comment:

• footarez
    replied
    I am not saying Parker was perfect but if you don't see how better Parker was in 2006 for example compared to Anderson now (around the same age I guess) - sure ,homer it is

Leave a comment:

• vino
    replied
    they both played for Maccabi Tel-Aviv.

by the way, they still love AP down in the promised land but if you mention AA, they won't even know who are you talking about.

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    footarez wrote: View Post
    Parker was older and on the downside of his career when he joined the Raptors but even then he was a lot better than Anderson ever will be.
    There was even a strecth of 5-10 games where Parker played the point. Can you imagine Anderson bringing up the ball ? He would immediately shoot it
    Your avatar doesn't say homer.

Leave a comment:

• footarez
    replied
    Parker was older and on the downside of his career when he joined the Raptors but even then he was a lot better than Anderson ever will be.
    There was even a strecth of 5-10 games where Parker played the point. Can you imagine Anderson bringing up the ball ? He would immediately shoot it
    Last edited by footarez; Thu Feb 14, 2013, 01:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    Parker was a good blend of Fields and Anderson
    I'd agree with this. Parker is more of an outside shooter, while Anderson is a scorer, both are really good defenders.

Leave a comment:

• Eric Akshinthala
    replied
    Parker was a consistent shooter, reliable defender, utility man who could play a few positions when needed, a solid influence on team mates and had a high basketball IQ. Anderson is none of the above. The only similarities I see and is not mentioned above is that they are both good free throw shooters and stats. which Anderson manages to get with his 'once in a while' high scoring like yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• heinz57
    replied
    AP could also slide over and play relief minutes at PG... if AA could do that, it'd be a huge bandaid solution to one of the team's most glaring issues currently.

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    I think Fields is much more like Parker, once his 3pt shot returns. Parker was a great defender (Fields much better defender than Anderson) and played really well off the ball (Fields is great at this, whereas Anderson needs the ball). Hopefully Fields' wrist gets back to 100% and he can practice his shooting in the offseason, so he can return as a solid glue guy next year, filling the Parker role for this team.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    I dont really see any similarities between their games. The only similarity is that they're vets who can knock down a 3.

Parker was a far more versatile player with a much better offensive game.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    We didn't see Parker venture into the paint as often as Anderson does.

And in terms of physique, Anderson seems bigger/stronger which makes him capable of guarding SGs and SFs interchangeably.

But I agree that Parker was the more consistent player. He didn't have this many "up & down" games. You pretty much knew exactly what you're going to get from Parker from one game to the next, whereas with Anderson, it's anyone's guess.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X