Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GT: Raptors @ Wizards keep the streak alive

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • GT: Raptors @ Wizards keep the streak alive

    Hopefully we don't get screwed over by a trade happening 30 minutes before the game again. Although this is a must win against a lower team, Washington has played good as of late and they likely won't be a pushover. We still play Washington 3 more times after tonight which could really help or kill our playoff chances depending the result.

    Raptors are looking to return from the Allstar break and extend their winning streak to 5 and keep their energy high for the next few tough games.
    Discuss.

  • #2
    This game is actually worrying me a bit:

    Pina: The 15-win Washington Wizards have one of the NBA's best defenses. Ranked seventh overall -- higher than Oklahoma City and Miami -- right now they're holding teams to a feeble 96.7 points per 100 possessions in the fourth quarter, per NBA.com/Stats. Only the Indiana Pacers are better.

    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/...nba-first-half

    Comment


    • #3
      Matt52 wrote: View Post
      This game is actually worrying me a bit:
      That's ok, it's not like we've been winning with pretty basketball.

      Seriously though, our pace has only gone down (obviously at least partly due to lack of depth and integrating guy), so I was much more worried playing a team like Denver last week. FWIW, Washington wasn't a bad defensive team before they started playing better, and they still have an absolutely horrible offense.

      Of course, at this time of year, I'm basically stressed going into every game, regardless of opponent. Usually worse for good/hot teams... :P

      Comment


      • #4
        Their defense doesn't really worry me, as it rarely helps them win games anyway (aside from their current 4-1 record over the last 5 games)

        I'm more worried about containing Wall and limiting second chance points

        Comment


        • #5
          JV needs another one of these:

          Comment


          • #6
            We always run into trouble against Washington but that was before our team had a tougher persona its a trap game no doubt but Raps should come out on top. Washington like any other team in the NBA sees Raps as a we will win its the lowly Raps....

            Comment


            • #7
              any way we can communicate our "trap game" worries to the team? I think we've reached a consensus. Hopefully they know too.

              Comment


              • #8
                planetmars wrote: View Post
                JV needs another one of these:

                Of course, they'd have to pass to him one of the 15-20 times he's wide open in the post or on the roll....

                Comment


                • #9
                  white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  Of course, they'd have to pass to him one of the 15-20 times he's wide open in the post or on the roll....
                  There should be an over/under for how many times JV rolls to the paint wide open and gets looked off. Around 10.5 times a game?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    slaw wrote: View Post
                    There should be an over/under for how many times JV rolls to the paint wide open and gets looked off. Around 10.5 times a game?
                    ya come next training camp we should have a better established offense plus Chemistry. Lowry and JV have been shelved by injury a lot of the season so theres a very buggy offense at the moment if we cant out run people its solely based on Rudy, Demar and when healthy Lowry Isos I heard we run pretty much 60% Iso plays.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                      ya come next training camp we should have a better established offense plus Chemistry. Lowry and JV have been shelved by injury a lot of the season so theres a very buggy offense at the moment if we cant out run people its solely based on Rudy, Demar and when healthy Lowry Isos I heard we run pretty much 60% Iso plays.
                      Which should only be ran for Rudy. Demar and Lowry aren't ideal iso players.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        A Healthy Lowry can run an iso pretty good, he hasnt been himself for a while now..

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          slaw wrote: View Post
                          There should be an over/under for how many times JV rolls to the paint wide open and gets looked off. Around 10.5 times a game?
                          Seriously...it's embarrassing sometimes.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                            Which should only be ran for Rudy. Demar and Lowry aren't ideal iso players.
                            I'd actually feel quite comfortable with Lowry running an ISO.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I except a good game from Rudy tonight. Got some rest and this kinda of a home coming game. Since Washington is like the closes NBA city to b-more. Also get him ready for Memphis tomorrow.
                              @Chr1st1anL

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X