• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fully
    replied
    Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Don't forget the pick
    What pick? If the Raptors make the playoffs like you suggest (and the reason you think Smith will want to come to Toronto) in your original post, then they won't be able to move another first rounder since their deal with OKC isn't completed.

Ok but what if he want to come to Toronto? Atlanta wouldn't mind helping cause they'd like to atleast get something for him.
    I'm pretty sure the Hawks would prefer losing Smith "for nothing" and using the cap space for themselves going forward than trading for Fields/Bargnani and having to pay them $20 million combined for the next two years.

Leave a comment:

• YYZ
    replied
    Ok but what if he want to come to Toronto? Atlanta wouldn't mind helping cause they'd like to atleast get something for him.
    They worked hard to get Joe Johnson's massive contract off the books, why in everything holy would they want Bargs and Fields? I am sure they will use the cap space to sign people they want, that fit there system

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    YYZ wrote: View Post
    No cap flexibility, and mainly Smith is free to go where ever he wants because he is an unrestricted free agent.

Leave a comment:

• Westvleteren
    replied
    Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    I beleive Smith is unrestricted, so I don't see him doing a sign and trade because it limits his options of where he can go, and for Atlanta's part they prefered to have him come off the books than trade for anything that was offered before the deadline.

The ball is in Smith's court now, so he can go anywhere he likes. Wouldn't surprise me if both he and his buddy D. Howard decided to go to Dallas and join Nowitzki, sort of like Bosh and James going to Miami. They very well may have discussed doing this privately already.
    That would be fun to watch. On another note, as good as Smith can be, do we want him lining up beside Rudy and DD? I just don't see another volume shooter being a good fit unless we unload one of the others. What the Raps are missing most is a tough, grizzled old vet like Oak who holds guys accountable for their effort on the court.

Leave a comment:

• YYZ
    replied
    More detail please?
    No cap flexibility, and mainly Smith is free to go where ever he wants because he is an unrestricted free agent.

Leave a comment:

• Mediumcore
    replied
    I beleive Smith is unrestricted, so I don't see him doing a sign and trade because it limits his options of where he can go, and for Atlanta's part they prefered to have him come off the books than trade for anything that was offered before the deadline.

The ball is in Smith's court now, so he can go anywhere he likes. Wouldn't surprise me if both he and his buddy D. Howard decided to go to Dallas and join Nowitzki, sort of like Bosh and James going to Miami. They very well may have discussed doing this privately already.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    Don't forget the pick
    Even with the pick, no way Atlanta does that deal. They will have better offers and Smith wants to come here why? He can go to Dallas or one of the teams with cap space and likely be closer to contention.

Leave a comment:

• TRAWSE
    replied
    charlz wrote: View Post
    which is huge incentive to make the playoffs. This years draft is not too sensational. Lots of buzz about next year.
    so then wouldnt it be huge incentive to miss the playoffs? and get our pick for next year

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    YYZ wrote: View Post
    They can't afford Josh Smith
    More detail please?

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    Fully wrote: View Post
    Why do Raptors fans think that a package of Bargnani & Fields is going to land the team a huge piece this summer? Another thread said it was going to land Gasol... now it's going to be Josh Smith?
    Don't forget the pick

Leave a comment:

• Fully
    replied
    Why do Raptors fans think that a package of Bargnani & Fields is going to land the team a huge piece this summer? Another thread said it was going to land Gasol... now it's going to be Josh Smith?

Leave a comment:

• YYZ
    replied
    They can't afford Josh Smith

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
    It interesting to note that Quincy Acy was in the same high school class as DeMar. DeMar was the #3 prospect and Quincy was #84.

If I could have any player from the 2004 HS Class, it'd be Dwight. So lets make it happen BC!
    Rondo was #22 too

Leave a comment:

• e_wheazhy_
    replied
    It interesting to note that Quincy Acy was in the same high school class as DeMar. DeMar was the #3 prospect and Quincy was #84.

If I could have any player from the 2004 HS Class, it'd be Dwight. So lets make it happen BC!

Leave a comment:

• charlz
    replied
    That's only if we don't make the playoffs. If we do we get a pick this June.
    which is huge incentive to make the playoffs. This years draft is not too sensational. Lots of buzz about next year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X