X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeRozanJohnsonFan
    replied
    Axel wrote: View Post
    The answer is simple, the team isn't there yet. They are still another year or two from being there. They need to develop young players and incorporate new players and have been changing on the fly. The off-season will certainly help, but experience and talent will get it done in the end. 2 years away from being a solid playoff team. (For clarification, a solid playoff team in the East is battling for the 4-5 spot. Squeaking into the 8th spot doesn't really count unless it's the West)
    They can start by re-evaluating their backups...... the cavaliers game could have been a game they would have easily won.

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    Yeah.. I'm really starting to think this team got over-confident, over their head, and too comfortable too soon. It's clearly telling, because the bench has been the reason for our losses. They come out with no focus, and with no offensive principles to run off of. It's quite infuriating watching Lucas, Anderson, and Bargnani throw up jack shit, or be absolute no factors on the defensive end.

I think we should start playing for next season, we aren't going to catch Milwaukee. Play Ross, play JV, play Acy, shut down Andrea, and let the veterans help in practice and in the locker room.

Leave a comment:

• Pele
    replied
    Raptorfanatic wrote: View Post
    I am still trying to understand how a team like the Raptors can play so poorly in such a key game !
    Just when you thought there may be a fighting chance to make the playoffs, any hope is washed away after that performance last night.
    What gives with this team anyway ? Just play 48 minutes against the worst road team in the NBA and your 3 1/2 games back. WTF could this team be thinking.
    It was that stupid Harlem Shuffle business..It jinxed them

Leave a comment:

• ezz_bee
    replied
    A huge part of professional sports is mental, and I don't think the raps have the mental stamina, which is why they lost last night.

As well as they are playing right now, I don't think they've got the mental toughness it takes to win enough important big games, and not lose the easy games (like last night)... If we made the Gay trade two weeks earlier, I think we'd be a lock for the playoffs, but now I just don't see it. I'm not trying to be pessimistic but I'm not even sure they'll beat the bucks twice, which I think are both MUST WINS.

Leave a comment:

• heinz57
    replied
    Hugmenot wrote: View Post
    Can you provide a link?

I'd like to show that to my wife and girlfriend as soon as I schedule additional pickup games.
    you're my hero.

a wife, a girlfriend, and you still find time for pickup ball

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    Can you provide a link?

I'd like to show that to my wife and girlfriend as soon as I schedule additional pickup games.
    Sorry, no link. Googling "sex" at work might get me into the boss's office :|

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    In a word ...."Pressure".

If the fan base were attuned to the importance of the game and its winnability for all the reasons mentioned then surely the players were aware. And they laid an egg....they were tight. Prime time performances on demand are I am afraid a bit away.

Leave a comment:

• JStockton
    replied
    Can you provide a link?

You have a wife AND a girlfriend??? You da man!!!

Leave a comment:

• Hugmenot
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I saw an episode of "Sports Science" that suggested that sex the night before can actually enhance an athlete's performance on game day....
    Can you provide a link?

Leave a comment:

• TheGloveinRapsUniform
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I saw an episode of "Sports Science" that suggested that sex the night before can actually enhance an athlete's performance on game day....
    TheGloveinRapsUniform likes this.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Bad games happen, if the never beat Indiana NY twice and those other tough opponent games there wouldnt be a playoff discussion at all, they are still in it people....But I do agreaa they cant lose to the easier opponents.
    It's why they play the games. No outcome is guaranteed. Even the mighty Heat have lost to the Hornets, Wizards and Pistons this year.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    stretch wrote: View Post
    You can't win them all. On any given day..... Murphys Law. The stars were out of alignment. The game was fixed. Too much sex the night before. Not enough....

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    The answer is simple, the team isn't there yet. They are still another year or two from being there. They need to develop young players and incorporate new players and have been changing on the fly. The off-season will certainly help, but experience and talent will get it done in the end. 2 years away from being a solid playoff team. (For clarification, a solid playoff team in the East is battling for the 4-5 spot. Squeaking into the 8th spot doesn't really count unless it's the West)

Leave a comment:

• JasonS
    replied
    Wizards aren't pushovers anymore, look at their past few road games, they were pretty close games or wins. They even have a road win over Denver since Wall returned, enough said, not like we lost to the Bobcats on our home floor.

Leave a comment:

• stretch
    replied
    You can't win them all. On any given day..... Murphys Law. The stars were out of alignment. The game was fixed. Too much sex the night before. Not enough....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X