Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GT: Raps at Cavs - Raptor Revenge

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mcHAPPY
    replied
    joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    We try not to stoop to telling people to "Shut Up" around here .. its very much a Grade-3 tactic that holds no place is real debate.

    As for Bargnani, confidence has ALWAYS been his thing. Last year, people were talking him up and low-and-behold, he plays well. This year, people knock him down, he plays like shit. Not surprising.

    And while one should never choose to rely on a player who is that emotional and sensitive to outside opinions, one can't overlook the impact he could have had last night (or any other night) if he managed to knock down a few in a row, and get his head out of his shot.
    His potential impact is far greater than that of Aaron Gray. However, his likely impact, at this point in time, is not.
    Its a tough place to be in if you're Casey. Damned if you do, Damned if you don't.
    Bargnani could have been the difference, in a good way, in alot of these games. Unfortunately, he's potentially been the difference in the wrong kind of way.
    Sorry. Gotta disagree here.... like big time.

    Last year Bargnani put it all together for a stretch of games. Then he got injured.

    This whole off season was about the people who have trashed him for years continuing to do so and people who have supported him for years continuing to do so. I don't think anything had changed from previous seasons.... if anything there were probably more people talking him up due to what he showed last year. And it wasn't only his game last season that was a noticeable improvement, it was him as a human; he showed emotion and competitiveness.

    The problem was Andrea came in to the season out of shape and complacent. His focus continued to be on his shooting when it is the other areas of his game causing the biggest problems - for years. But now this year his offense has become an issue because he brought inefficiency to a whole new level while offering nothing else (assists, rebounds, solid d, energy) to the table. To make matters even worse, it was clear he didn't give a flying fig newton on top of it all. Then he makes the comments about being the worst team in the league (which is fair because they basically were) which is something you just don't do.... like ever.

    The end of your post is summarized very easily I think: Bargnani has all the talent with none of the desire to make use of it. That is Casey's problem.... and the Raptors problem.... and our problem.

    #tradeBargnani should have been retired February 21st but alas it lives on.

    Leave a comment:


  • BasketballCrush
    replied
    The problem is that there is book as thick as the bible with his advanced stats, and there is nothing good to be learned from it.


    This idea that fans, will trick other teams into Andrea by loving him is one of the silliest ideas around. We are the love struck club, we always were. We booted players, coaches and systems out of town before Andrea. Now there is nothing left, but Andrea showing us that he can play in spurts, and he can't even do that.


    It really gets hokey and unicornish when media personalities think that changing the fans reaction to Andrea is going to change his play. ....at that point you are at the end of your rope.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nilanka
    replied
    T.Dot wrote: View Post
    Okay well I honestly don't give a shit what you say because you just pissed me off. You guys are fucking hilarious! I'm supporting him because I know he can do better and be better.
    I think we can all agree that Bargnani can be better in short spurts, but there isn't anything anyone can point to that suggests Bargnani can consistently be a net positive on the floor throughout the course of a full season. We've been waiting for 7 years.

    Leave a comment:


  • Hugmenot
    replied
    T.Dot wrote: View Post
    Okay well I honestly don't give a shit what you say because you just pissed me off. You guys are fucking hilarious! I'm supporting him because I know he can do better and be better.
    +1

    Keep in mind though that you will never change haters, be they hating Bargnani, DeRozan, Casey, or whoever else is the target du jour.

    Leave a comment:


  • BasketballCrush
    replied
    It's Bryan's MO to give Andrea more minutes when he struggles. That has been the prevailing wisdom in Toronto as long as Bryan has been here. His deficiencies will be solved with more playing time.


    So I am still not entirely certain, that Bryan did not have some input to how Andrea should be used, in order to get the most out of him.

    Leave a comment:


  • Joey
    replied
    NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Shut up. Bargnani is fucking trash 15min without anything. The dude can't play D or rebound and he's 7 feet tall, i don't see how you can support such a worthless Bigman. I say amnesty him, the best we're going to get for this guy is another teams garbage and we already have enough of that in Lucas and Anderson
    We try not to stoop to telling people to "Shut Up" around here .. its very much a Grade-3 tactic that holds no place is real debate.

    As for Bargnani, confidence has ALWAYS been his thing. Last year, people were talking him up and low-and-behold, he plays well. This year, people knock him down, he plays like shit. Not surprising.

    And while one should never choose to rely on a player who is that emotional and sensitive to outside opinions, one can't overlook the impact he could have had last night (or any other night) if he managed to knock down a few in a row, and get his head out of his shot.
    His potential impact is far greater than that of Aaron Gray. However, his likely impact, at this point in time, is not.
    Its a tough place to be in if you're Casey. Damned if you do, Damned if you don't.
    Bargnani could have been the difference, in a good way, in alot of these games. Unfortunately, he's potentially been the difference in the wrong kind of way.

    Leave a comment:


  • T.Dot
    replied
    BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
    When he is on the floor it is 4 vs 5. Casey either was foolish, or try to apease Bryan and the commentators who keep insisting that it is Casey that needs to get him out of this funk.

    Instead this market should just stop apologizing for Andrea and realize that he is done.
    Okay then why aren't they doing it? And don't say anything about BryCo. He is a good one on one defender so he is not a complete liability. Casey also has to help, he is putting Andrea out on the floor. When you put a shooter with 2 or 3 other shooters, you just shot yourself in the foot. Casey apparently knows what he's doing. You know he is an offensive threat. Put him in situations where he can succeed not fail.

    Leave a comment:


  • T.Dot
    replied
    iblastoff wrote: View Post
    well what do you expect people to do? wait another 7 years to see if something changes?
    Nope I don't want that to happen. He would be better off somewhere else where he can excel because there is no place for him here.

    Leave a comment:


  • BasketballCrush
    replied
    When he is on the floor it is 4 vs 5. Casey either was foolish, or try to apease Bryan and the commentators who keep insisting that it is Casey that needs to get him out of this funk.

    Instead this market should just stop apologizing for Andrea and realize that he is done.

    Leave a comment:


  • iblastoff
    replied
    T.Dot wrote: View Post
    Yeah but kicking him while he is already down isn't going to do anything. We're seeing this right now.
    well what do you expect people to do? wait another 7 years to see if something changes?

    Leave a comment:


  • T.Dot
    replied
    BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
    Feeling sorry for him has cost us the playoffs. I now want to KICK him... booing is too passive for me.
    If Dwane Casey wanted to make the playoffs he would've sat AB as ALL of you want. Stop using him as an excuse as to why Raptors aren't in the playoffs. Year in year out EVERY single fault with this team has been laid on Andrea's shoulders. He is only one person. There are other players besides him playing for Toronto if you haven't already noticed.

    Leave a comment:


  • BasketballCrush
    replied
    T.Dot wrote: View Post
    Yeah but kicking him while he is already down isn't going to do anything. We're seeing this right now.

    Feeling sorry for him has cost us the playoffs. I now want to KICK him... booing is too passive for me.

    Andrea had to make himself the spotlight while we were winning and sneaking into the playoffs, I feel so duped by idiots like Jack, and Casey's good heart.

    A loser is a loser. Feeling sorry for a loser is not going to turn him into a winner.
    Last edited by BasketballCrush; Thu Feb 28, 2013, 02:09 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • BasketballCrush
    replied
    T.Dot wrote: View Post
    And you must think you know everything don't you?
    LOL, about Andrea, I saddly know too much. I can never get those minutes back.

    Leave a comment:


  • T.Dot
    replied
    iblastoff wrote: View Post
    everyone knows he can do better. he just doesn't.
    Yeah but kicking him while he is already down isn't going to do anything. We're seeing this right now.

    Leave a comment:


  • T.Dot
    replied
    BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
    Really can't wait till we punt Andrea out of the ACC. He has hurt this franchise more than he has helped. Too many times we were sitting BETTER players to keep Andrea happy and provide the illusion that this guy knows what he is doing.

    I don't think he will ever get 20 minutes with another club again. It's obvious that when you play him, you have one less big man on the floor.... that is too much for any team to overcome.


    Bryan needs to be fired for this, and both him and Andrea must be culled.
    And you must think you know everything don't you?

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X