Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GT: Raptors @ Bucks

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    I don't get how we see this and he doesnt. it worked in the past, so in theory, it will work again.. right?
    I don't know...I'm no nba coach, so maybe he's just way smarter than us and we don't see shit....

    But I would always have had Amir or JV on the floor, in many of these games, fouls permitting. If, by some chance, I felt forced to play Bargs as the lone big (just for the sake of argument, assuming I'd hope he can work as a stretch 4 and will at least try to play him, like Casey is), I would only do it with both Gay and Fields on the court, to have both my best non-big rebounders, and this would only happen if both Amir and JV were in foul trouble, small ball was working, and matchups prevent Gray from being the lone big out there. Casey needs to look at himself in the mirror right now. He is making questionable calls. Perhaps he is overthinking the situations, but regardless, his adjustments have been awful the last few games.

    Comment


    • T.Dot wrote: View Post
      He wasn't the reason. Did he play the 4th quarter at all? He didn't play the whole 5 minutes of overtime either. Im surprised you guys aren't happy because I know it would've been rapture on this board if he didn't get any rebounds.
      Is it okay to get happy over 7boards? For a 7 footer no. Especially when the 6 footer gets 10+.
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

      Comment


      • T.Dot wrote: View Post
        He wasn't the reason. Did he play the 4th quarter at all? He didn't play the whole 5 minutes of overtime either. Im surprised you guys aren't happy because I know it would've been rapture on this board if he didn't get any rebounds.
        you when they came back and then got blown out?

        Comment


        • But I need to let everyone know. Bargnanis man-man defense... ESPECIALLY IN THE CLUTCH.... is good.
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

          Comment


          • T.Dot wrote: View Post
            First i am not a dude, second Im in no love affair with Andrea. If supporting a player is a love affair, whatever. He wasn't the reason they lost this game & Im not gonna be bent out of shape when I see comments like these....anymore.
            Ok, dudette. Sorry my mind reading skills was off tonight. As for Bargs, the wide open shots missed is one thing. The failure to box out the likes of Ilyasova and Sanders while leaving his front court mate in Amir is left to fend for himself until he fouled out. I don't know why JV was nailed to the bench when all night long, second chance points was eating the Raps.

            Demar lost the ball too much and couldn't finish and Casey is once again outmatched in Xs and Os. Sorry dudette, call it how it is.

            Comment


            • enlightenment wrote: View Post
              Is it okay to get happy over 7boards? For a 7 footer no. Especially when the 6 footer gets 10+.
              If you would look at the above comments I made, the position he is asked to play is not to bang in the paint and get boards;he got 7 of them. Would you have been happy if he got zero? I don't think so.

              Comment


              • Oh, and BTW, here's hoping Milwaukee blows up their team in the summer and decides to trade Ersan...

                his line:
                29 pts (12-21 fgs, 0-3 3pt, 5-5 fts), 11 rbs (3 o, 8 d), 1 ast, 2 st, 1 blk, 1 to and 2 pf...his 29 pts were extremely quiet too. Didn't need the ball in his hands a lot, just catches and shoots/makes his move. Plays pretty smart D too.

                Comment


                • I didn't realize that showcasing a player past the trade deadline is any team's priority, especially when they're trying to sneak in the playoffs. They can kiss that goodbye now. Might as well give Bargs back his 42 mins and 20 shots while the rooks rot at the end of the bench. Heck, let's just extend BC too while we're at it.

                  Comment


                  • enlightenment wrote: View Post
                    Whose fault is it today?

                    a) Casey
                    b) Refs
                    c) Alan Anderson
                    d) A good mixture of all of the above
                    e) Primo Pasta and sos..
                    Casey. The entire starting unit with the exception of AB played the entire 2nd half and OT. Those guys were gassed at the end. JV didn't play in the 2nd half, Ross didn't play, Lucas barely played. And it's not like the starters were playing well, DeRozan played like garbage. And as usual was nowhere to be found when the team needed him the most but yet he played 46mins.

                    And i really want to hate on AA but i can't. AA was chucking/forcing shots left and right. He's made some but also missed a lot of crucial ones. But i guess AA's chucking ways is ok for the coach.
                    Mamba Mentality

                    Comment


                    • Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                      Ok, dudette. Sorry my mind reading skills was off tonight. As for Bargs, the wide open shots missed is one thing. The failure to box out the likes of Ilyasova and Sanders while leaving his front court mate in Amir is left to fend for himself until he fouled out. I don't know why JV was nailed to the bench when all night long, second chance points was eating the Raps.

                      Demar lost the ball too much and couldn't finish and Casey is once again outmatched in Xs and Os. Sorry dudette, call it how it is.
                      Im not making excuses for him, his defense had alot to be desired. It could've been masked a little if JV was brought in, I don't understand why he hadn't played. If he could bench AB for not playing well, what about Derozan?

                      Comment


                      • T.Dot wrote: View Post
                        Im not making excuses for him, his defense had alot to be desired. It could've been masked a little if JV was brought in, I don't understand why he hadn't played. If he could bench AB for not playing well, what about Derozan?
                        Demar had an ass of a game too. Couldn't keep his man in front of him. Where was JL3 to spread the floor? Oh yes, being a cheerleader. Thanks Casey. Like I said, they should just start AB the rest of the way to showcase him for the offseason.

                        Comment


                        • The NBA needs to invest in new officiating, both teams got awful calls and it has gotten to a point that is completely unacceptable for professional basketball. Call me crazy, but the refs get worse every year.
                          #JVforPM #DemarismyHero #GoRaps

                          Comment


                          • T.Dot wrote: View Post
                            Im not making excuses for him, his defense had alot to be desired. It could've been masked a little if JV was brought in, I don't understand why he hadn't played. If he could bench AB for not playing well, what about Derozan?
                            DeRozan was playing better than his shooting suggests. Had 9 assists. Went aggressively to the bucket...too bad he kept running into Sanders. Being the primary option and therefore focus of the D is not easy, and it results in taking worse shots.

                            Alan Anderson is the guy who had a quasi-good game. 21 pts on 20 shots, missing 12, and missing 7 of 8 3pt attempts. Had only 1 rebound and 1 assist. Guy makes big plays because he won't let anyone else. I want him benched so badly it's not even funny.

                            I agree though that it would have made sense to go back to a 2-big lineup with Bargs and JV...then Fields, Demar and Lowry, just like the start of the game, when it worked so well...and dare I say perhaps it would've caught Milwaukee off guard after having stayed away from it for so long.

                            Comment


                            • I forgot to add, Casey called 2 timeouts the last 2 mins of the game in the fourth to set up a play. The Raptors ended up turning the ball over on both occassions.
                              Mamba Mentality

                              Comment


                              • TRex wrote: View Post
                                I forgot to add, Casey called 2 timeouts the last 2 mins of the game in the fourth to set up a play. The Raptors ended up turning the ball over on both occassions.
                                Because he's a shit coach on offense and by the way, watch him in the sidelines during D. Barking all the time because the entire team needs to be constantly reminded. I don't know man, it feels like his assistant coach side is coming out once again. The plays after critical timeouts is what I'm watching now more than ever.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X