Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GT: Raptors @ Bucks

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    Because he's a shit coach on offense and by the way, watch him in the sidelines during D. Barking all the time because the entire team needs to be constantly reminded. I don't know man, it feels like his assistant coach side is coming out once again. The plays after critical timeouts is what I'm watching now more than ever.
    This has been a problem all season, and something I said is what has bugged me the most. At first, you can accept that execution is on the players. But by that logic, you expect it to be something that can be improved through coaching during the season. This team is still just awful at executing out of timeouts. It costs them momentum far too often, and not just at the end of games. They are terrible at holding leads, and screw up a lot of plays out of timeouts in situations earlier in the game, be it blowing a lead in the first half or late in the 3rd quarter.

    Comment


    • white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      DeRozan was playing better than his shooting suggests. Had 9 assists. Went aggressively to the bucket...too bad he kept running into Sanders. Being the primary option and therefore focus of the D is not easy, and it results in taking worse shots.

      Alan Anderson is the guy who had a quasi-good game. 21 pts on 20 shots, missing 12, and missing 7 of 8 3pt attempts. Had only 1 rebound and 1 assist. Guy makes big plays because he won't let anyone else. I want him benched so badly it's not even funny.

      I agree though that it would have made sense to go back to a 2-big lineup with Bargs and JV...then Fields, Demar and Lowry, just like the start of the game, when it worked so well...and dare I say perhaps it would've caught Milwaukee off guard after having stayed away from it for so long.
      On AA I agree completely. The 2 big lineup would've done more justice than one. Seeing how Lowry played good, that unit may have had a better effect.

      Comment


      • I understand Demar had an ugly game, but they needed him on the floor. He didn't score well, but he did try to make the right play, including 9 assists with only 2 turnovers. He managed to attract a lot of attention and not get totally taken out of the game. Keep in mind they were using Mbah a Moute on him and trying to force him to Sanders...that is one of the most imposing defensive duos possible. Again, I'd rather he's out there trying to do his thing as long as he's getting others involved. He and Fields both do that. AA does not.

        Comment


        • white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          I understand Demar had an ugly game, but they needed him on the floor. He didn't score well, but he did try to make the right play, including 9 assists with only 2 turnovers. He managed to attract a lot of attention and not get totally taken out of the game. Keep in mind they were using Mbah a Moute on him and trying to force him to Sanders...that is one of the most imposing defensive duos possible. Again, I'd rather he's out there trying to do his thing as long as he's getting others involved. He and Fields both do that. AA does not.
          I completely agree. Anderson is just out to get his but it's a team sport.

          Comment


          • Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
            Demar had an ass of a game too. Couldn't keep his man in front of him. Where was JL3 to spread the floor? Oh yes, being a cheerleader. Thanks Casey. Like I said, they should just start AB the rest of the way to showcase him for the offseason.
            JLIII played good tonight, completely surprised he didn't use him when he basically got them back.

            Comment


            • I though landry fields had a good game, too bad he isn't a couple inches taller.....

              Comment


              • akashsingh wrote: View Post
                I though landry fields had a good game, too bad he isn't a couple inches taller.....
                He was amazing today.

                Comment


                • Some guys had shitty games, but the effort was obviously there, even in Bargnani tonight. Milwaukee's talent separated themselves from Toronto, Rudy Gay might have made a big difference in this game had he played.

                  Playoff hopes might have went from 40%, or whatever percentage, to 0.00000001%, but this team played hard and battled.
                  Twitter: @ReubenJRD NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

                  Comment


                  • Really, really, really impressed with Fields this evening. Amir had a solid game as well, and Lowry with the triple-double. It's games like these where you have to ask "What do we have to do?!"

                    Defense still needs some SERIOUS tightening up. Casey, get a hold of your players sir.
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

                    Comment


                    • RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                      Some guys had shitty games, but the effort was obviously there, even in Bargnani tonight. Milwaukee's talent separated themselves from Toronto, Rudy Gay might have made a big difference in this game had he played.

                      Playoff hopes might have went from 40%, or whatever percentage, to 0.00000001%, but this team played hard and battled.
                      Hollinger now shows 3.9% to make the playoffs, down from 40%ish last week lol.

                      But yah, tough loss but still a "good" game by most of the raptors. Just not good enough.

                      Comment


                      • iblastoff wrote: View Post
                        Hollinger now shows 3.9% to make the playoffs, down from 40%ish last week lol.

                        But yah, tough loss but still a "good" game by most of the raptors. Just not good enough.
                        Really bad game for Gay to get back spasms.
                        Twitter: @ReubenJRD NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X