Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Commenting on Regular Posts (Gameday, Reactions, etc...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commenting on Regular Posts (Gameday, Reactions, etc...)

It kinda frustrates me, no matter how much I love this website, that I can't comment on regular posts with the account I made for the forums. I would definitely be a regular contributor, and it's the same website, so I don't get why it doesn't work. I'll stick to forums for now, but I thought I'd bring it up.
    #JVforPM #DemarismyHero #GoRaps

It doesn't work because they're completely different back ends. Technically it's NOT the same website. This forum is run on vbulletin software and contains its own database of posts/users/logins etc. Blog posts are run with Wordpress. They don't and can't share the same database.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
      It doesn't work because they're completely different back ends. Technically it's NOT the same website. This forum is run on vbulletin software and contains its own database of posts/users/logins etc. Blog posts are run with Wordpress. They don't and can't share the same database.
      +1. I'm an admin for another site the exact same to RR without the forums. Two completely different things.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Different platforms usually can be bridged, but considering the difference in moderation and banning policies it's probably not a good idea

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
          Different platforms usually can be bridged, but considering the difference in moderation and banning policies it's probably not a good idea
          Besides policies, it's also keeping up with updates from both platforms. Wordpress pretty much releases new security updates and versions every week which will all in all likely constantly break any platform linkage.

Comment

Working...
          X