No announcement yet.

Raps Have Best Defensive Lineup in the League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if im a player i wouldn't give a shit about "but we're trying to raise Andrea's value!" either. good luck trying to resign Lowry and Gay later.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
      he's losing (lost?) the lockerroom when he starts bargs over amir. seeing a teammate who busts his ass every single minute of every game lose his starting position to the prized pony has got to be enraging, especially when you consider how well liked amir is by everyone.
      I think you confuse the locker room with RR posters, but if you've got any inside info, I'd love to be enlightened. What I find really crazy about this comment is that it comes after a game that these two players did so well with their respective assignments, that both had the best game they've had in a long time, to the point that they were the best two players for the Raps in this game. Now, if you want to talk losing the locker room, let's talk about the black hole Rudy is on offense, while being so nonchalant on defense except for his highlight steals moments.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        This is something that frustrates me to no end with Casey, regardless of Bargs implications...

For a coach who consistenly preaches D, his late game sub patterns are almost always indicative of favoring offensive players. It's like if we're behind, he wants them to be able to shoot them back into it. And if we're ahead, he's afraid the team's scoring will stall. I don't know the last time I remember him putting a closing unit out there that was supposed to stop the other team...
        Makes you wonder what happened to last seasons D. However, he's working with a team of poor defenders. Outside of Amir there isn't a good defender on the team...perhaps Lowry....so maybe Casey's mindset is to play to the teams strengths which supposedly is their ability to score.

Comment

But one area I really want to focus on is keeping the lead. For example against Warriors we had a 7 point lead and they managed to turn it around and have a 7 point lead over us at the end.

Comment

With Bargnani in the starting line up who here believes that we will have a better overall record than last season?

Last season the Raptors had a record of 23-43 (.348). This year right now it is 23-38. 5 more losses in a row and they tie last year's brutal record. If they finish the year 28-54 they will have a worse record then last year. The schedule seems pretty good (lots of teams below .500) but it is the Raptors.. I am not too optimistic that they will get more than 5 wins with Bargnani as a starter in the next 21 games.

Either OKC is going to have a very nice pick, or the Raptors will have a really good chance of getting in the top 3.

Comment

Derozan is so bad at getting around screens. Klay Thompson went off from behind the arc
              Last edited by NoPropsneeded; Tue Mar 5, 2013, 12:33 PM.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                Derozan is so bad a getting around screens. Klay Thompson went off from behind the arc
                He plays like he's got cinder blocks attached to his kicks. Slow and heavy strides (on either end of the court).

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  He plays like he's got cinder blocks attached to his kicks. Slow and heavy strides (on either end of the court).
                  I know, wtf is that?

Comment

Look at Ross when he plays d. He slithers around screen like a snake and gets right up on guys. Honestly I'm starting to lose faith in demar. He is a great offensive player but his d has been terrible

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                      With Bargnani in the starting line up who here believes that we will have a better overall record than last season?

Last season the Raptors had a record of 23-43 (.348). This year right now it is 23-38. 5 more losses in a row and they tie last year's brutal record. If they finish the year 28-54 they will have a worse record then last year. The schedule seems pretty good (lots of teams below .500) but it is the Raptors.. I am not too optimistic that they will get more than 5 wins with Bargnani as a starter in the next 21 games.

Either OKC is going to have a very nice pick, or the Raptors will have a really good chance of getting in the top 3.
                      That would be awesome..... except the rook coming in would never see the light of day.

It would also ensure BC couldn't trade any more future draft picks either.

Scary thought of the day: Raps don't give pick to OKC this year or next, Gay/Lowry leave, #2 pick goes to OKC in 2015. *knock on some crazy wood*

Comment

Working...
                      X