Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Andrew Wiggins realistic?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is Andrew Wiggins realistic?

    Hey this is my first post here, though I have been a fan of this site for quite some time...
    Should the Raps be in serious pursuit of Canadian talent Andrew Wiggins, if so ...
    What package do you send to the team with the #1 pick in a attempt to acquire him?
    I'm thinking 2014 1st rounder, 2014 2nd Rounder, 2015 1st rounder, Rudy Gay, TRoss (maybe, let's see how much he improve next year). Please post some of your thoughts! What do you think the package should be?

  • #2
    trade those guys for other picks so we suck next year then get wiggins and do it right

    Comment


    • #3
      Sorry, there is no package to get a #1 overall pick. Not like Wiggins anyway. There are only two ways for Wiggins to land in Toronto: Raps go full on tank mode next season (i.e. Valanciunas and 14 guys from D-League) and win the lottery or have Wiggins come out and say he will only play in Toronto. And I'm not even sure the latter will work were it to happen cause the NBA head office would lose its mind.

      Practically, neither of those things is going to happen.

      Comment


      • #4
        TDOTtillIDie wrote: View Post
        Hey this is my first post here, though I have been a fan of this site for quite some time...
        Should the Raps be in serious pursuit of Canadian talent Andrew Wiggins, if so ...
        What package do you send to the team with the #1 pick in a attempt to acquire him?
        I'm thinking 2014 1st rounder, 2014 2nd Rounder, 2015 1st rounder, Rudy Gay, TRoss (maybe, let's see how much he improve next year). Please post some of your thoughts! What do you think the package should be?
        What Slaw mentioned.

        On top of that, even if it was a possibility, a team can't trade consecutive first round picks.

        Comment


        • #5
          d749 wrote: View Post
          trade those guys for other picks so we suck next year then get wiggins and do it right
          The team finishing last has only a 25% chance of getting the first pick. You can check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_Draft_Lottery for an understanding how it works.

          Sucking to get a 25% chance a specific player is a dangerous strategy. Not only you are facing a 3 in 4 chances you won't be getting him, there is also the risk he will not develop as expected for whatever reason.

          Just curious, what do you tell your paying customers when you decide to trade everything away to ensure you suck and the following year if you don't get the first pick? It's easy to lose goodwill from customers but not so easy to regain it.

          Comment


          • #6
            yeah no shit thats why i said trade the other guys for picks to get more than 1 shot at it. the league should feel bad for us after still sucking and hopefully let us win the not rigged lottery.

            Comment


            • #7
              The NBA could do the Raptors a big favour and revert to the 1950s territorial draft picks rule whereby teams were allowed to hold on to players from their own communities. That's how Bob Cousy became a Celtic and Wilt Chamberlain a Philadelphia Warrior.

              Wiggins was wearing a Raptors hat at the North Carolina Duke game.

              Comment


              • #8
                Someone made a great analogy on the main site in response to fans coming up with "packages" to get good players.

                "We need to trade all of our under-performing/injured/low talent players for one really good player." (This one gets filed along with: I'm going to trade my 10 crt monitors for my friends 24" LCD screen. I don't know why he keeps saying no. If you add up the prices, it's about the same amount of money. Why does he keep saying. "I have a 24" led, why do I want or need a pile of junk??.")
                That sums it up. We have a bunch of CRT monitors. No matter how you package them, you can't get an LCD screen in return.

                Comment


                • #9
                  what if you have two LED screens... and you really really REALLY want to throw a bunch of CRT monitors off the roof of a building to see them shatter when they hit the concrete?

                  I'm not sure there are any of those kinds of idiots left in the league since Isiah isn't a GM anymore

                  Has David Khan done anything crazy lately?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    heinz57 wrote: View Post
                    what if you have two LED screens... and you really really REALLY want to throw a bunch of CRT monitors off the roof of a building to see them shatter when they hit the concrete?

                    I'm not sure there are any of those kinds of idiots left in the league since Isiah isn't a GM anymore

                    Has David Khan done anything crazy lately?
                    Raptors only have 3 PGs on their roster, thats not enough for Khan to trade for.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      If Wiggins is the player everyone says he is, nobody is going to trade the #1 pick. Nobody.

                      Can you imagine Cleveland trading the 2003 top pick for future picks and Eric Dampier?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The only chance of Wiggins being a Raptor is if he wants to come here when his rookie contract expires, talk about this then, Theres also a possibility of him being a Bust (not likely though)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                          The only chance of Wiggins being a Raptor is if he wants to come here when his rookie contract expires, talk about this then, Theres also a possibility of him being a Bust (not likely though)
                          Even then, Raps would need serious cap space. I don't think he comes here for cheap (assuming he's a bona fide superstar by the time his rookie deal expires).

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Odds of him being a Raptor are slightly less than the sun rising tomorrow. Anyone spending time contemplating how we can get Ender would be better off thinking what they are going to do with their last 24 hours alive.
                            "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

                            "I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

                            "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              By trading for Rudy Gay, and saying that he is part of the Rap's future, BC has basically declared to the world that he is gunning for the playoffs for the next few years of his contract. We're "not rebuilding anymore," so Wiggins is far from our reach unless he does crappy as fuck in college and ends up as a 14th overall draft pick

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X