Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going into the offseason things raptors need to do!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going into the offseason things raptors need to do!

1. Bryan colangenlo needs to go
    2. Draft Aaron craft doesn't matter what it takes get that draft pick.
    3. Trade bargani

1)As much as I could agree with anyone's reason to why BC needs to go, that time has not come.... sadly. The problem with firing BC is that you have to be ready to fire his personal. If you fire the "mastermind" behind the raptors so far, almost everyone on the roster, except for JV, will have to go because BC has played an integral role in designing this team. A new GM means a new style, not necessarily picking up the old GM's style of doing things or keeping the roster. Is this franchise ready for a full fledged gutting? In my opinion, the answer is no, that ship has sailed after Bosh left. The real time to question his legitimacy in the origination is what happens 2 years from now in regards to the how new star of the raptors, Rudy Gay, performs.

2&3) Trading Bargs is a problem. He is worth less than a piece of shit. I feel like we have to keep him on payroll till the free agency next season. Honestly the only place for him to go, is up. I means he's gone from putting ok numbers, to 11th-man numbers, its ridiculous! Its a wait for next season. If he still puts up terrible numbers next season, I feel like whatever we could have gotten in trade this year will be waiting for us next year. Thus if he even gets close to his old numbers, that would be redemption. feel free to hate me on that.

Due to the salary cap as well, i believe we can't add any players either this year, i might need a correction on that. So whatever moves we do in off-season MUST involve draft picks. This is the only way to add players other than direct deals. In regards to trade, i don't see any moves which might make us better, except for obviously trading Bargs. But if Bargs is excluded, any other moves would simply be a lateral exchanges, trading players of the same "stats" category.

Sadly this off-season we wait and hope for any internal growth. That second round pick, in my opinion, must fill the second-string point guard problem. A solid, high IQ, distributor with a 3-point stroke. I don't follow enough college or euro-leauge basketball to know who would fit, but that's what will help spacing the most. And no this is not an invitation to Jose, because this point guard must be able to run the up-tempo offence that the Raps run, not just incessantly dribble and be worried about turn overs.
    "If thats what you say bruh"- Russel Westbrook

Comment

respectdmadman wrote: View Post
      1)As much as I could agree with anyone's reason to why BC needs to go, that time has not come.... sadly. The problem with firing BC is that you have to be ready to fire his personal. If you fire the "mastermind" behind the raptors so far, almost everyone on the roster, except for JV, will have to go because BC has played an integral role in designing this team. A new GM means a new style, not necessarily picking up the old GM's style of doing things or keeping the roster. Is this franchise ready for a full fledged gutting? In my opinion, the answer is no, that ship has sailed after Bosh left. The real time to question his legitimacy in the origination is what happens 2 years from now in regards to the how new star of the raptors, Rudy Gay, performs.
      The best time to plant the oak tree in your backyard was 35 years ago. The second best time is now.

Comment

eric bledsoe or trey burke, with jose as the backup
        "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
          1. Bryan colangenlo needs to go
          2. Draft Aaron craft doesn't matter what it takes get that draft pick.
          3. Trade bargani
          No thank you.
          First .. we have no picks, unless we luck out with a top 3 pick. There is no way in hell we use that of Craft
          2nd, there is a good chance that he doesnt get drafted in either round and we could just get him as a free agent (ranked 79th on Chad Ford's big board right now)
          3rd . and most important .. this guy doesnt have an NBA game .. we should not be doing anything to get him

Comment

Did u see the shot ? Remember who called it first

Comment

Chad ford knows nothing about basketball

Comment

knickz wrote: View Post
                eric bledsoe or trey burke, with jose as the backup
                Craft is faster and smarter and plays better d I like trey but I think craft is the 2

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                  Chad ford knows nothing about basketball
                  that may be true ... just giving you a general sense of how bad this guy is. Maybe hes better than 79th .. but how much? DraftXpress has him #87 ...
                  And yes, I saw the shot (after he was handed a gift by a terrible call on an obvious block the play before). This guy screams good college player that doesnt translate. I predict hes an assisant coach in college in 3 years .. ala Steve Wojohosky
                  Last edited by mountio; Sun Mar 24, 2013, 03:29 PM.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                    The best time to plant the oak tree in your backyard was 35 years ago. The second best time is now.
                    It depends, do you want "any" new GM, or do you want a really good new GM? The only GM's that would consider taking over the Raptors next season are guys desperate for a job who will take anything, as the Raptors don't have the flexibility to do much of anything next year. Now, in 2014-15, the Raptors will be primed to make some big moves as we'll have loads of expiring contracts and only 3 guys under contract the next year (Val, Ross, DeRozan). Then we could attract a high quality GM, since they'll know they can come in and make an immediate splash, instead of having their first season as GM be another losing season where we miss the playoffs (decent chance that happens next season).

Maybe during the season next year if we're doing very poorly we could make the move of firing BC, and have an interim GM, just to let potential GM's around the league know ahead of time that there is a job opening in Toronto, so we could get first dibs on the best candidates. I say keep Casey until a new GM comes in, as I'm sure the new guy will want to hire his own coach, so no need to fire Casey now when we'd just end up firing his replacement a year later.

Comment

Aaron Craft just hit a game winning three for the Buckeyes.

I'm surprised that Craft is 79th on Ford's big board because Aaron Craft is a very good player. A great defender. Smart with the ball, a great leader. He's a 1st round talent in my opinion. And i'm definitely with the OP here, i would love to see him in a Raps uni as well. I think he could challenge Lowry for the starting job.

As for what the Raps need to do in the offseason:

1. Fire Casey
                      2. Trade AB and make sure you get SOMETHING in return. If not, keep him.
                      3. Raptors need a pure shooter and i don't think they could afford Kyle Korver so i would sign the next best thing, Luke Babbitt.
                      4. Veterans bigs. Elton Brand is my first choice here. If NY don't re-sign Martin i would love to see Kmart here as well.
                      5. Amnesty Kleiza.
                      Last edited by The Great One; Sun Mar 24, 2013, 04:00 PM.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

ANTHONY MORROW!!! Also Jose Calderon.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                          It depends, do you want "any" new GM, or do you want a really good new GM? The only GM's that would consider taking over the Raptors next season are guys desperate for a job who will take anything, as the Raptors don't have the flexibility to do much of anything next year. Now, in 2014-15, the Raptors will be primed to make some big moves as we'll have loads of expiring contracts and only 3 guys under contract the next year (Val, Ross, DeRozan). Then we could attract a high quality GM, since they'll know they can come in and make an immediate splash, instead of having their first season as GM be another losing season where we miss the playoffs (decent chance that happens next season).

Maybe during the season next year if we're doing very poorly we could make the move of firing BC, and have an interim GM, just to let potential GM's around the league know ahead of time that there is a job opening in Toronto, so we could get first dibs on the best candidates. I say keep Casey until a new GM comes in, as I'm sure the new guy will want to hire his own coach, so no need to fire Casey now when we'd just end up firing his replacement a year later.
                          There are very, very, very few of these jobs to go around, and I'm sure there are many capable candidates who would sign up in an instant. The real question is, will the ownership look for someone forward thinking and intelligent, or will they just round up the usual suspects/old boys and pick someone who's never succeeded but keeps getting jobs anyways.
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Aaron Craft, are you serious!

Comment

guys hitting a game winner happens a lot its not a big deal its not like this guy is the second coming of Black Mamba. You know who else hit a game winner?? Austin Rivers and hes shooting dismal numbers.

Things that must be done.

1.Amnesty Klieza
                              2.Trade Bargnani for the best deal available he cant be a Raptor next season or we are looking at the same thing next year with him just being here. Get RID OF HIM! #FreeRaptorsFans
                              3.Get some Vets with something left to give (Brand, Dalembert,Ridnour, Barea) bolster the bench's consistency
                              4.Hire Jay Triano on ast coaching staff if he doesnt extend with the Blazers guy knows offense and the organization.
                              5.Casey coaching to his strengths
                              6.Ross go out and establish a workout regime and what he wants to get better at hopefully goes under DeRozan's wing.
                              7.Be back early before training camp put some work in early before it starts.
                              8.Keep telfair as 3rd string move or let Lucas walk.
                              9.Rudy must spend time with Mckhenie like its a church service. Strengthen his body get his eyes problem figured out and expand his post game.
                              10.JV spend a lot of time with Hakeem and just go beast in Lithuania its free offensive testing for him.

all these goals are attainable. Playoffs next season It all starts with BC though set Casey free from Bargnani so he can make the defensive squad he was here to make and then but out but first give the guy the players to succeed.

Comment

Working...
                              X