Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going into the offseason things raptors need to do!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• madeupid25
    replied
    Not exactly.

The worst idea I can imagine is picking up Colangelo's option for another year, finishing 10th in the conference, drafting late in the lottery, resigning Lowry and Gay for something like 30 million per year combined, and being stuck with this roster as Colangelo has built it.

I would like someone new to take a wrecking ball to this team, start from scratch, and take a shot at getting an elite talent in the draft to build around. If its true they could have traded Derozan, JV, and a pick for Harden, they should have done it. Who knows how serious the negotiations were at the time.

It isnt trolling to speak up with an unpopular opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Rapstor4Life
    replied
    iblastoff wrote: View Post
    This is full of some of the worst ideas I've ever heard.
    pretty sure he was trolling. lol

Leave a comment:

• iblastoff
    replied
    madeupid25 wrote: View Post
    1. Decline Colangelos option for next year
    2. Throw $ and the team Prez title at Ujiri (his contract up this year I think), Steve Kerr, Warkentien, or someone else with a start from scratch mandate.
    3. Keep Casey (win or lose) (preferably lose)
    4. Trade Gay, Lowry, and Amir to the Lakers for Gasol and World Peace
    5. Trade Bargs and Derozan to NYK for Amare (Hopefully get a 1st rounder in the deal)
    6. Buyout all of the above players before they even think about getting on a plane to Toronto. (Maybe save a little $ in the process, won't save any cap room though.)
    7. Amnesty Kleiza
    8. Fill out the roster with the D-Leagues biggest chuckers and defensive sieves.
    9. Let the losing begin.
    10. Pray for the lottery balls to fall our way.

I like this because we get rid of all of Colangelo's crappy contracts (if we can find a taker for Fields I would be all for that too). Let a proper rebuild begin with hopefully more competent management, heading into a draft year which is supposed to be good. I admire the optimism of those around here who voted tweak in the recent poll, but this is starting to feel like Groundhog Day. I am pessimistic and say this every year, but I am guessing a year from now, this team will not have improved significantly and the organization will just have given Colangelo more time to screw things up.
    This is full of some of the worst ideas I've ever heard.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Thank you

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    lol

Leave a comment:

• RandomGuy
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Source?
    http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/201...ns-are-in.html

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    Kleiza is going to get amnestied and won't play this season anymore. Saw it in the news.
    Source?

Leave a comment:

• RandomGuy
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    Aaron Craft just hit a game winning three for the Buckeyes.

I'm surprised that Craft is 79th on Ford's big board because Aaron Craft is a very good player. A great defender. Smart with the ball, a great leader. He's a 1st round talent in my opinion. And i'm definitely with the OP here, i would love to see him in a Raps uni as well. I think he could challenge Lowry for the starting job.

As for what the Raps need to do in the offseason:

1. Fire Casey
    2. Trade AB and make sure you get SOMETHING in return. If not, keep him.
    3. Raptors need a pure shooter and i don't think they could afford Kyle Korver so i would sign the next best thing, Luke Babbitt.
    4. Veterans bigs. Elton Brand is my first choice here. If NY don't re-sign Martin i would love to see Kmart here as well.
    5. Amnesty Kleiza.
    Kleiza is going to get amnestied and won't play this season anymore. Saw it in the news.

Leave a comment:

• madeupid25
    replied
    1. Decline Colangelos option for next year
    2. Throw $ and the team Prez title at Ujiri (his contract up this year I think), Steve Kerr, Warkentien, or someone else with a start from scratch mandate.
    3. Keep Casey (win or lose) (preferably lose)
    4. Trade Gay, Lowry, and Amir to the Lakers for Gasol and World Peace
    5. Trade Bargs and Derozan to NYK for Amare (Hopefully get a 1st rounder in the deal)
    6. Buyout all of the above players before they even think about getting on a plane to Toronto. (Maybe save a little $ in the process, won't save any cap room though.)
    7. Amnesty Kleiza
    8. Fill out the roster with the D-Leagues biggest chuckers and defensive sieves.
    9. Let the losing begin.
    10. Pray for the lottery balls to fall our way.

I like this because we get rid of all of Colangelo's crappy contracts (if we can find a taker for Fields I would be all for that too). Let a proper rebuild begin with hopefully more competent management, heading into a draft year which is supposed to be good. I admire the optimism of those around here who voted tweak in the recent poll, but this is starting to feel like Groundhog Day. I am pessimistic and say this every year, but I am guessing a year from now, this team will not have improved significantly and the organization will just have given Colangelo more time to screw things up.

Leave a comment:

• Rapstor4Life
    replied
    guys hitting a game winner happens a lot its not a big deal its not like this guy is the second coming of Black Mamba. You know who else hit a game winner?? Austin Rivers and hes shooting dismal numbers.

Things that must be done.

1.Amnesty Klieza
    2.Trade Bargnani for the best deal available he cant be a Raptor next season or we are looking at the same thing next year with him just being here. Get RID OF HIM! #FreeRaptorsFans
    3.Get some Vets with something left to give (Brand, Dalembert,Ridnour, Barea) bolster the bench's consistency
    4.Hire Jay Triano on ast coaching staff if he doesnt extend with the Blazers guy knows offense and the organization.
    5.Casey coaching to his strengths
    6.Ross go out and establish a workout regime and what he wants to get better at hopefully goes under DeRozan's wing.
    7.Be back early before training camp put some work in early before it starts.
    8.Keep telfair as 3rd string move or let Lucas walk.
    9.Rudy must spend time with Mckhenie like its a church service. Strengthen his body get his eyes problem figured out and expand his post game.
    10.JV spend a lot of time with Hakeem and just go beast in Lithuania its free offensive testing for him.

all these goals are attainable. Playoffs next season It all starts with BC though set Casey free from Bargnani so he can make the defensive squad he was here to make and then but out but first give the guy the players to succeed.

Leave a comment:

• tenforthewin
    replied
    Aaron Craft, are you serious!

Leave a comment:

• JimiCliff
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post
    It depends, do you want "any" new GM, or do you want a really good new GM? The only GM's that would consider taking over the Raptors next season are guys desperate for a job who will take anything, as the Raptors don't have the flexibility to do much of anything next year. Now, in 2014-15, the Raptors will be primed to make some big moves as we'll have loads of expiring contracts and only 3 guys under contract the next year (Val, Ross, DeRozan). Then we could attract a high quality GM, since they'll know they can come in and make an immediate splash, instead of having their first season as GM be another losing season where we miss the playoffs (decent chance that happens next season).

Maybe during the season next year if we're doing very poorly we could make the move of firing BC, and have an interim GM, just to let potential GM's around the league know ahead of time that there is a job opening in Toronto, so we could get first dibs on the best candidates. I say keep Casey until a new GM comes in, as I'm sure the new guy will want to hire his own coach, so no need to fire Casey now when we'd just end up firing his replacement a year later.
    There are very, very, very few of these jobs to go around, and I'm sure there are many capable candidates who would sign up in an instant. The real question is, will the ownership look for someone forward thinking and intelligent, or will they just round up the usual suspects/old boys and pick someone who's never succeeded but keeps getting jobs anyways.

Leave a comment:

• qb5PHILA@hotmail.com
    replied
    ANTHONY MORROW!!! Also Jose Calderon.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Aaron Craft just hit a game winning three for the Buckeyes.

I'm surprised that Craft is 79th on Ford's big board because Aaron Craft is a very good player. A great defender. Smart with the ball, a great leader. He's a 1st round talent in my opinion. And i'm definitely with the OP here, i would love to see him in a Raps uni as well. I think he could challenge Lowry for the starting job.

As for what the Raps need to do in the offseason:

1. Fire Casey
    2. Trade AB and make sure you get SOMETHING in return. If not, keep him.
    3. Raptors need a pure shooter and i don't think they could afford Kyle Korver so i would sign the next best thing, Luke Babbitt.
    4. Veterans bigs. Elton Brand is my first choice here. If NY don't re-sign Martin i would love to see Kmart here as well.
    5. Amnesty Kleiza.
    Last edited by The Great One; Sun Mar 24, 2013, 04:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post
    The best time to plant the oak tree in your backyard was 35 years ago. The second best time is now.
    It depends, do you want "any" new GM, or do you want a really good new GM? The only GM's that would consider taking over the Raptors next season are guys desperate for a job who will take anything, as the Raptors don't have the flexibility to do much of anything next year. Now, in 2014-15, the Raptors will be primed to make some big moves as we'll have loads of expiring contracts and only 3 guys under contract the next year (Val, Ross, DeRozan). Then we could attract a high quality GM, since they'll know they can come in and make an immediate splash, instead of having their first season as GM be another losing season where we miss the playoffs (decent chance that happens next season).

Maybe during the season next year if we're doing very poorly we could make the move of firing BC, and have an interim GM, just to let potential GM's around the league know ahead of time that there is a job opening in Toronto, so we could get first dibs on the best candidates. I say keep Casey until a new GM comes in, as I'm sure the new guy will want to hire his own coach, so no need to fire Casey now when we'd just end up firing his replacement a year later.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X