Clear All

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    Guys... Stop joking with yourselves...

We need Jarrett Jack back...

Leave a comment:

• Rapstor4Life
    replied
    Too be honest they did try that and it should have worked but Calderon showed everyone in the league that all he does is wet the bed coming off the bench.... a lot of the loses with him coming off the bench was because he played like it was Ross running point guard.

Calderon is humble but he play his best when he is the starting guard, because in his mind he believes he is.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    I totally agree with you. I would clearly LOVE to see Jose back. I mean, a PG duo of Calderon and Lowry, when well managed, can only do great things. It would simply need to be clear who is the starting point guard. To me, it should be Lowry, and Calderon would need to take a small salary contract. That being said, I hope he goes to a great team, which he will.
    No, I don't want that. I mean, like 3-4 years down the road, then Jose can come back. I don't think Lowry will still be the PG at that time. That's just my opinion, but I don't see much I like about keeping him long term. I would like the Raps to focus on getting a top quality starting PG, and then down the line Jose can backup that guy, and most importantly, I would love to see Jose retire from the NBA as a Raptor, even if he's the 3rd stringer in his last season.

Leave a comment:

• charlesnba23
    replied
    white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I still think a return one day would be good for both sides, but that is very likely not next season.

Jose is a class act and a smart guy. He will not be sentimental in free agency, even if he considers Toronto. He'll be one of the more pursued PGs this off-season because teams will be offering all kinds of different opportunities, and I'm sure many will be better than whatever Toronto can offer in terms of money, role, and chance to win.
    I totally agree with you. I would clearly LOVE to see Jose back. I mean, a PG duo of Calderon and Lowry, when well managed, can only do great things. It would simply need to be clear who is the starting point guard. To me, it should be Lowry, and Calderon would need to take a small salary contract. That being said, I hope he goes to a great team, which he will.

Leave a comment:

• Pill
    replied
    If I was Jose I wouldn't come back until BC is gone if that opportunity ever happened anyway. Guy spent so much time and resources trying to replace Jose over the years rather than actually shoring up the actual problems.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    I still think a return one day would be good for both sides, but that is very likely not next season.

Jose is a class act and a smart guy. He will not be sentimental in free agency, even if he considers Toronto. He'll be one of the more pursued PGs this off-season because teams will be offering all kinds of different opportunities, and I'm sure many will be better than whatever Toronto can offer in terms of money, role, and chance to win.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Not really if you want to make it personal. Against Calderon he averaged 16,5 pts and 3,5 ast. But regardless, I think it's hard to draw conclusions just from stats based on one or two games especially without considering the stats of the other player. On the other hand, Calderon is gone so I don't really understand why people (like me now) still want to compare them.
    I've accepted Jose is gone. Trex hasn't. Btw Jose had 12.5 and 9.5 on .500 shooting.

Leave a comment:

• Soft Euro
    replied
    Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    One in the same
    Not really if you want to make it personal. Against Calderon he averaged 16,5 pts and 3,5 ast. But regardless, I think it's hard to draw conclusions just from stats based on one or two games especially without considering the stats of the other player. On the other hand, Calderon is gone so I don't really understand why people (like me now) still want to compare them.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    You mean against the Raptors...
    One in the same

Leave a comment:

• Soft Euro
    replied
    Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Last year Kyle Lowry averaged 21Pts, 4.5Ast, 3.0Rebs, .600 FG and .100 3FG vs Calderon

His not playing to his strength.
    You mean against the Raptors...

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    My thoughts:

- Valanciunas is going to be a big time player in this game.
    - Rudy played one of his best game as a Rap. He's capable of putting numbers like this every game. He's that talented.
    - Calderon outplayed Lowry. Not really surprising to me unlike most Raps fans who thinks that Lowry is a better PG than Jose. To me there's no argument. Jose > "healthy" Lowry. But go on keep making excuses.
    - DeRozan. Where should i start? the shots that this guy takes is ridiculously bad. I mean, WOW. His shot selection in the 4th(specially) singlehandedly killed the Raptors tonight. Someone reminds him he's not Kobe Bryant.
    - Ross i think hits the rookie wall.
    - Turnovers after timeout continues to be a problem. And to me that's on the coach.
    - The way the Raptors have played this year, i'll be SHOCKED if Colangelo and Casey is back next year. This team might not even win 30 games this season.
    Last year Kyle Lowry averaged 21Pts, 4.5Ast, 3.0Rebs, .600 FG and .100 3FG vs Calderon

His not playing to his strength.

Leave a comment:

• RandomGuy
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post
    Gay and JV have big games. Raps still lose to one of the worst teams in the NBA.

But it's fine. Guaranteed playoffs next year. This team is awesome. Right on track. Everything is fine. Just need training camp. Players to gel. Get over injuries. Look at the shiny keys. WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
    First they need to attach this to their shiny keys if they want to achieve anything....

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post
    Gay and JV have big games. Raps still lose to one of the worst teams in the NBA.

But it's fine. Guaranteed playoffs next year. This team is awesome. Right on track. Everything is fine. Just need training camp. Players to gel. Get over injuries. Look at the shiny keys. WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
    They jingle too!!!

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    My thoughts:

- Valanciunas is going to be a big time player in this game.
    - Rudy played one of his best game as a Rap. He's capable of putting numbers like this every game. He's that talented.
    - Calderon outplayed Lowry. Not really surprising to me unlike most Raps fans who thinks that Lowry is a better PG than Jose. To me there's no argument. Jose > "healthy" Lowry. But go on keep making excuses.
    - DeRozan. Where should i start? the shots that this guy takes is ridiculously bad. I mean, WOW. His shot selection in the 4th(specially) singlehandedly killed the Raptors tonight. Someone reminds him he's not Kobe Bryant.
    - Ross i think hits the rookie wall.
    - Turnovers after timeout continues to be a problem. And to me that's on the coach.
    - The way the Raptors have played this year, i'll be SHOCKED if Colangelo and Casey is back next year. This team might not even win 30 games this season.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X