Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rapstor4Life
    replied
    This thread has no answer the one that should be moved is Fields but his contract is unfriendly in trades at least until 2015. DeMar and Ross are the future, with Gay leading them.

Leave a comment:

• isaacthompson
    replied
    enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Probably, but with the potential to play Rubio - Demar - Kirilenko - Love - Pekovic, I would do it!
    I would definitely do it if I was Minnesota.

Leave a comment:

• Dino4life
    replied
    Voted for Ross, because i think if Colangelo's option is picked up for a year, he's gonna panic again and force a move to trade a young asset for and an overpaid overrated vet.

My opinion however is that all 3 should be back, and we need to move gay instead, fields 2nd, but i dont think many teams are lining up for those contracts.

Leave a comment:

• enlightenment
    replied
    Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    You will need to kidnap someones kids to get that deal done.
    Probably, but with the potential to play Rubio - Demar - Kirilenko - Love - Pekovic, I would do it!

Leave a comment:

• Soft Euro
    replied
    You will need to kidnap someones kids to get that deal done.

Leave a comment:

• enlightenment
    replied
    Demar Derozan to Minnesota for Derrick Williams, Ridnour, and the #9 overall pick in a weak draft.

Basically, we solve all our problems in one trade. Bettered the PF and PG positions, and our bench can now finally handle themselves. Diffused salaries into a rookie contract, and two 4 mil/yr contracts.

The top 9 guys to draft are:

1 Nerlens Noel C
    18 years old; 6'11"; 216 lbs.

2 Ben McLemore SG
    20 years old; 6'4"; 195 lbs.

3 Marcus Smart PG
    19 years old; 6'4"; 200 lbs.

4 Anthony Bennett PF
    20 years old; 6'7"; 239 lbs.

5 Victor Oladipo SG/SF
    20 years old; 6'5"; 210 lbs.

6 Cody Zeller C
    20 years old; 7'0"; 240 lbs.

7 Trey Burke PG
    20 years old; 6'0"; 180 lbs.

8 Otto Porter SF
    19 years old; 6'8"; 200 lbs.

9 Shabazz Muhammad SF
    20 years old; 6'6"; 223 lbs.

Replacing Demars SG position, is one of these players: Shabazz, Oladipo, Mclemore
    Other interests to draft: Burke, Zeller, Bennett, Smart

We can start imagining Zeller - JV Front lines, or Shabazz - Gay - Ross at our wings.

We also still have Bargnani to trade, and grabbing Spencer Hawes to back up JV would be optimal.
    Overall I want to see us draft Muhammad, and for us to play this lineup:

Lowry, Ridnour,
    Shabazz, Ross
    Gay, Fields,
    Amir, Williams, Acy
    JV, Hawes

Minnesota gets a rising star with high potential a reasonable contract, while we up our flexibility and strengthen our bench.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Derrick Williams is in Basketball limbo his skillset is so limited and how about an option for all 3 will be back. Derozan is my favorite rap and imo he doesnt deserve to be traded, I dont see Fields as a long term answer to anything especially with that money...

Why does DeMar or Terrence have to be axed? got a good thing here on the wings.
    Because DD, TR, LF, and RG make up 62% of the salary cap next year with glaring holes at PG and PF/C.

Something has to give.

Ways to improve are draft, free agency, and trades.

Toronto has no picks and no cap space.

Other than MLE and trade, the Raptors have no means to improve. A team that will win at the absolute most 35 games this season (and that assumes they win all 6 remaining games) can't rest on or believe in the idea of the underlined.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    p00ka wrote: View Post
    Why do people insist on referring to Fields as a SG? For starters, he started his NBA career as a SF where he did very well as a rookie, and wasn't pushed to an unfamiliar position of SG until Melo showed up and they really didn't have a SG. He was never brought in here as a SG, but as a SF, and his skills have shown him to be far more apt to play SF and small ball PF, which is how he's being used. Why continue to call him a SG???

Regardless of position designation, all three will be back. Whoever else is added to the roster, next year will be about JV, Amir, Gay, Fields, DD, Ross, Lowry coming together as a TEAM that knows each other and works well together.
    He was always SG in NY.

Prior to Carmelo in NY he was paired with Wilson Chandler.

It does not mean much but Basketball-Reference has him listed as SG from the 2010-11 Knicks team as well as 2011-12 while Chandler was the SF while in 2009-10 Chandler was listed as the SG.

Leave a comment:

• Rapstor4Life
    replied
    Derrick Williams is in Basketball limbo his skillset is so limited and how about an option for all 3 will be back. Derozan is my favorite rap and imo he doesnt deserve to be traded, I dont see Fields as a long term answer to anything especially with that money...

Why does DeMar or Terrence have to be axed? got a good thing here on the wings.

Leave a comment:

• akashsingh
    replied
    RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    I said Ross because he has been the most under-performing player on this team other than Andrea and Kleiza (injury, played like 2 games lol). At this point, Ross can be sold based on potential and contract, which in today's NBA finance, is extremely important. It's a low risk, high reward type thing.

Derozan seems the most likely, but I hope Ross is gone instead.
    damn completely gave up on ross eh?

Leave a comment:

• mike, prague
    replied
    If the Raps could change Ross for a quality no ... QUALITY three point shooter with another feature in his game i'd do it. I am quite fond of Derozan but would be willing to let him go for Kobe Bryant (jk). Id like to keep him here this summer and pray to God that he works up his ball handling to at least the level of RG and builds himself a 3PT% of at least 30-35%. Fields is a good guy (not worth his salary though) but could only be moved for a 14-wheeler full of the world's greatest beer (that would be Czech beer BTW) or a package including Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and a box of Cuban cigars.

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    RAPresenting wrote: View Post
    I think all three will be back in uniform next year but if I had to pick on it's definitely be Derozan. Gay's massive contract makes it tough to move and Ross on a rookie scale is high value. Demar has taken some steps forward offensively and when guarded by smaller guards he's been efficient in the post/block. Agreed with just about all the previous posts that Demar seems most likely.

Wolves for Ridnour and Williams would be nice for sure.
    I'd do this, only if we can get a 3rd team that would take Andrea... Derozan in my opinion is worth more than Ridnour/Williams.

Leave a comment:

• RAPresenting
    replied
    I think all three will be back in uniform next year but if I had to pick on it's definitely be Derozan. Gay's massive contract makes it tough to move and Ross on a rookie scale is high value. Demar has taken some steps forward offensively and when guarded by smaller guards he's been efficient in the post/block. Agreed with just about all the previous posts that Demar seems most likely.

Wolves for Ridnour and Williams would be nice for sure.

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    I said Ross because he has been the most under-performing player on this team other than Andrea and Kleiza (injury, played like 2 games lol). At this point, Ross can be sold based on potential and contract, which in today's NBA finance, is extremely important. It's a low risk, high reward type thing.

Derozan seems the most likely, but I hope Ross is gone instead.

Leave a comment:

• wallz
    replied
    p00ka wrote: View Post
    Why do people insist on referring to Fields as a SG? For starters, he started his NBA career as a SF where he did very well as a rookie, and wasn't pushed to an unfamiliar position of SG until Melo showed up and they really didn't have a SG. He was never brought in here as a SG, but as a SF, and his skills have shown him to be far more apt to play SF and small ball PF, which is how he's being used. Why continue to call him a SG???
    Not really much of a difference, he can guard both positions quite well. If he has a decent 3pt shot next year, he would look good starting next to Gay on the wing

Leave a comment:

Working...
X