Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JJ Hickson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    phez wrote: View Post
    what do you people want exactly, that somehow the raptors will sign the nba's most perfect center?

    boozer's d is no better than hickson. they have no lateral movement. if anything boozer has a slight advantage in this dept because of his size. neither have the height, but make up for it in other ways. boozer's post game is "alright" (not the best, but not terrible). hickson has no post game yet somehow still manages to find the net with much frequency.

    if youre going to sign either of these two its for their offensive abilities, not their d. and thats prob something raptors need. amir-jv as an offensive duo is pretty embarrassing. but pair up with a forward like boozer or hickson, sounds a bit better on paper.
    I like both players, but with our very limited financial wiggle-room, we need to make sure we sign high value contracts. Hickson is a year too late for that as he is going to turn his good season with Portland into a bigger pay-day then he probably deserves.

    Boozer's deal is just an albatross, but if it's him for Barg's, then thats a fine upgrade on the court with not a huge financial burden. He is old, slow, and defensively challenged, but he can score the on the low block, and that is the specific skill this team needs more of.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

    If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

    Comment


    • #17
      http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...ign-jj-hickson

      Blazers GM says they aren't going to re-sign him.
      Twitter - @thekid_it

      Comment


      • #18
        Axel wrote: View Post
        I like both players, but with our very limited financial wiggle-room, we need to make sure we sign high value contracts. Hickson is a year too late for that as he is going to turn his good season with Portland into a bigger pay-day then he probably deserves.

        Boozer's deal is just an albatross, but if it's him for Barg's, then thats a fine upgrade on the court with not a huge financial burden. He is old, slow, and defensively challenged, but he can score the on the low block, and that is the specific skill this team needs more of.
        The only way we get either guy is through trade, and ostensibly that trade has to include Bargs to make salaries work. Therefore, if we got Boozer the size of his deal is immaterial, since we wouldn't have cap space with Bargs on the books the next 2 years anyways. So you just have to compare Bargs and Boozer straight up and Boozer wins in a landslide. I really see that as the deal BC pushes for as soon as the season is done, since ownership would surely give him one more year to see if that team could make the playoffs (if they didn't, it'd be 100% on Casey's shoulders, as that is too much talent not to be a playoff team).

        Comment


        • #19
          isaacthompson wrote: View Post
          http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...ign-jj-hickson

          Blazers GM says they aren't going to re-sign him.

          correct if im wrong isnt this a red flag on the play? hes playing well and blazers just letting him walk? hmmmmm

          Comment


          • #20
            If we are going for a free agent PF, than I would go after Millsap before Hickson. Will no doubt be a much larger contract, but I think Millsap would be a more valuable piece going forward. Personally, I'd just assume have a grinder next to JV and let JV do the bulk of the offensive work for our starting big guys. I know he is young but I have no issues putting that on his shoulders next year. The Raps aren't going to be a top 4 east team next year regardless of who they pick-up, so I say give the young man the ball next season and see where he can take us.

            Comment


            • #21
              Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
              correct if im wrong isnt this a red flag on the play? hes playing well and blazers just letting him walk? hmmmmm
              LaMarcus Aldridge?

              All-Star max player?

              Hickson is looking to get P-A-I-D and Portland needs a C.

              Comment


              • #22
                Wouldn't be opposed to it if the moneys right. Sure weak defensively, but is an above average rebounder throughout his career...would make a nice 1/2 punch with Amir at the 4 spot

                Comment

                Working...
                X