Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checkines
    replied
    Wouldn't be opposed to it if the moneys right. Sure weak defensively, but is an above average rebounder throughout his career...would make a nice 1/2 punch with Amir at the 4 spot

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    correct if im wrong isnt this a red flag on the play? hes playing well and blazers just letting him walk? hmmmmm
    LaMarcus Aldridge?

All-Star max player?

Hickson is looking to get P-A-I-D and Portland needs a C.

Leave a comment:

• JawsGT
    replied
    If we are going for a free agent PF, than I would go after Millsap before Hickson. Will no doubt be a much larger contract, but I think Millsap would be a more valuable piece going forward. Personally, I'd just assume have a grinder next to JV and let JV do the bulk of the offensive work for our starting big guys. I know he is young but I have no issues putting that on his shoulders next year. The Raps aren't going to be a top 4 east team next year regardless of who they pick-up, so I say give the young man the ball next season and see where he can take us.

Leave a comment:

• Rapstor4Life
    replied
    isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...ign-jj-hickson

Blazers GM says they aren't going to re-sign him.

correct if im wrong isnt this a red flag on the play? hes playing well and blazers just letting him walk? hmmmmm

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    Axel wrote: View Post
    I like both players, but with our very limited financial wiggle-room, we need to make sure we sign high value contracts. Hickson is a year too late for that as he is going to turn his good season with Portland into a bigger pay-day then he probably deserves.

Boozer's deal is just an albatross, but if it's him for Barg's, then thats a fine upgrade on the court with not a huge financial burden. He is old, slow, and defensively challenged, but he can score the on the low block, and that is the specific skill this team needs more of.
    The only way we get either guy is through trade, and ostensibly that trade has to include Bargs to make salaries work. Therefore, if we got Boozer the size of his deal is immaterial, since we wouldn't have cap space with Bargs on the books the next 2 years anyways. So you just have to compare Bargs and Boozer straight up and Boozer wins in a landslide. I really see that as the deal BC pushes for as soon as the season is done, since ownership would surely give him one more year to see if that team could make the playoffs (if they didn't, it'd be 100% on Casey's shoulders, as that is too much talent not to be a playoff team).

Leave a comment:

• isaacthompson
    replied
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...ign-jj-hickson

Blazers GM says they aren't going to re-sign him.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    phez wrote: View Post
    what do you people want exactly, that somehow the raptors will sign the nba's most perfect center?

boozer's d is no better than hickson. they have no lateral movement. if anything boozer has a slight advantage in this dept because of his size. neither have the height, but make up for it in other ways. boozer's post game is "alright" (not the best, but not terrible). hickson has no post game yet somehow still manages to find the net with much frequency.

if youre going to sign either of these two its for their offensive abilities, not their d. and thats prob something raptors need. amir-jv as an offensive duo is pretty embarrassing. but pair up with a forward like boozer or hickson, sounds a bit better on paper.
    I like both players, but with our very limited financial wiggle-room, we need to make sure we sign high value contracts. Hickson is a year too late for that as he is going to turn his good season with Portland into a bigger pay-day then he probably deserves.

Boozer's deal is just an albatross, but if it's him for Barg's, then thats a fine upgrade on the court with not a huge financial burden. He is old, slow, and defensively challenged, but he can score the on the low block, and that is the specific skill this team needs more of.

Leave a comment:

• phez
    replied
    what do you people want exactly, that somehow the raptors will sign the nba's most perfect center?

boozer's d is no better than hickson. they have no lateral movement. if anything boozer has a slight advantage in this dept because of his size. neither have the height, but make up for it in other ways. boozer's post game is "alright" (not the best, but not terrible). hickson has no post game yet somehow still manages to find the net with much frequency.

if youre going to sign either of these two its for their offensive abilities, not their d. and thats prob something raptors need. amir-jv as an offensive duo is pretty embarrassing. but pair up with a forward like boozer or hickson, sounds a bit better on paper.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Beware the contract year.
    Hickson is a decent player, but he is certainly playing above himself right now. Contract year might say it all, but at the same time, he is a young athletic big (a bit undersized at 6'9"), who is still learning the game. He only played 1 year at NC State, so he wasn't really NBA ready when he joined the league. Portland is one of the worst rebounding teams in the league, depsite having 2 athletic bigs. I would take Hickson on a value contract, but this year he will likely get over-paid by someone, negating many of the benefits. Last year would have been the year to take a flier on him (as Portland did) but with a team option.

His offensive game is pretty non-existent except for dunks and put-backs.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Beware the contract year.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Is Jonas a good defender?
    He's a Rookie...

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    His DRtg is 106. Bosh is 103, Amir is 104 and Griffin is 102. So i guess its not that bad. Considering Portland is 108 and Aldridge is 107. If he plays beside a good defender like JV, his defense will probably rate higher than current.

I havent seen him play though, im wondering if he has a good post up game.
    Is Jonas a good defender?

Leave a comment:

• TheGloveinRapsUniform
    replied
    Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Looking at the situational stats over at synergy, he doesn't do very well in post-ups, 0,72 ppp. His defensive stats at synergy are pretty terrible though, even if he plays out of position.
    Ack. Nevermind then. Back to Millsap.

Leave a comment:

• Soft Euro
    replied
    At 6'9" he's not supposed to be a center. But he's playing center and LA who is way taller than him is playing PF. If you can slide him to PF and with JV at C, that could be a good tandem. The guy has wide body and uses his muscle in the paint.

If he has a legit post up game, i think he deserves consideration.
    Looking at the situational stats over at synergy, he doesn't do very well in post-ups, 0,72 ppp. His defensive stats at synergy are pretty terrible though, even if he plays out of position.

Leave a comment:

• Hugmenot
    replied
    What do you guys think of JJ Hickson?

Seem like a younger, cheaper Carlos Boozer.

He's been asked to play the 5 spot in Portland and i think he's done well but they now want a legit Center so that makes him dispensible. But if the Raps make him a starting PF, he's probably do better.

Thoughts?
    Talented, hands of stone, disinterested defender at best, very difficult to coach. That was Hickson when he was in Cleveland.

He was waived by the Kings less than 1 season after they paid a first round pick + Assfingers to acquire his services. That says a lot about his character and it's consistent with the character he displayed in Cleveland.

He has put up better stats with the Trail Blazers.

But it's JJ and I can't get rid of the memories of his days in Cleveland; I do not want him on a team I support.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X