Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KazanTheMan
    replied
    Ive been saying this forever... Hope it happens!

Leave a comment:

• d749
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    Obviously you don't know what you're talking about.
    obviously you're watching the wrong dinosaurs

Leave a comment:

• isaacthompson
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    Lol. I think he was referring to how many long 2's DeMar and Rudy take.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Last edited by .40 Cal Flakes; Thu Apr 11, 2013, 09:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JawsGT
    replied
    The main priority for the Raps this off season should be the development of complimentary offensive and defensive systems that the players will buy in to and that takes advantage of the players skill sets. The way this team plays ball is just awful really. I don't disagree that this team could use a shooter and maybe some other pieces, but wouldn't it be nice to see what this group is capable of if it actually played some sort of "team" game on both ends of the floor for 48 minutes a game, 82 games a season? Maybe this group is incapable of playing a good team game because of the types of players we have, but I just don't buy that. Maybe there are other players that would "fit" better, but "fit" what exactly?

We can add a Korver or Reddick, and stick them in the corner and then what? Seriously, what do we do that allows for open 3pt shots? How often do opposing defenses rotate and leave guys open on the perimeter? On a team that lacks outside shooting, we still can't seem to find a way to get perimeter guys open. We continue to chuck up contested shots...Lowry does it, DD does it, AA does it, Lucas does it, Gay does it, all because we don't play in a way that attempts to get open and easier shots for our shooters. It's like nobody respects an open shot that comes from great ball movement and screens and all that. Is the only shot worth appreciating the hand in your face, shot clock ticking down shot that might drop 10% of the time?

Anyways, that's my rant, just adding a shooter or even a PG or PF at this point isn't gonna change a lot. This team needs a system, and if it had one that the players bought in to, it would be a playoff team as is. If we had that (and I'm praying we will next year), than it would be much easier to say who or what we needed that could take us to the next level.

Leave a comment:

• Rapstor4Life
    replied
    white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Ideally when dealing Bargs, which was, I thought, priority #1 for this whole season. See if Bargs' year last year was a fluke, and if so, trade him....well it clearly was, but I'm still waiting for that trade. Seriously, what happened?
    Bargnani came into the season out of shape I think, that 13 game stretch he played with gusto we have never seen from him, It was mainly from his shot selection which made him great he did a lot of short jumpers which were money for him and crashed the glass when shots went up. This year Bargs played like he was trying to be Ray Allen or something everything was a 3. We only saw "Il Mago" twice this season the GSW game and the Bobcats game.

Leave a comment:

• drunkmunky
    replied
    Fields was supposed to be our swingman weapon...

I'm not sure what we can do with him until the middle of the next season. If he turns out to play the way that he was supposed to be, we may not need another shooter.

Out of all the swingmen in the league, novak, bonner, korver etc, none of them can play defense.

It's totally against the pound-the-rock mentality to pick someone up that has no defensive capability, and in that sense, Fields is a better candidate.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Getting one of these guys pose a problem as to what on earth we do with Fields and Ross.... one problem at a time get the PF and back up Point.
    Ideally when dealing Bargs, which was, I thought, priority #1 for this whole season. See if Bargs' year last year was a fluke, and if so, trade him....well it clearly was, but I'm still waiting for that trade. Seriously, what happened?

Leave a comment:

• Rapstor4Life
    replied
    Getting one of these guys pose a problem as to what on earth we do with Fields and Ross.... one problem at a time get the PF and back up Point.

Leave a comment:

• Eric Akshinthala
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Although I acknowledge that outside shooting is a need, I don't like the idea of going after such a 1-dimensional player (like Korver).
    Agree. Korver like Kapono will be an over paid liability. Reddick who other than being a great point shooter is a very smart basketball player, should cost a little more but will be worth every cent. I don't see why the Raps. can't get creative and acquire him.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Every team in the NBA needs shooters.. Korver is going to be in demand, just like Reddick will be in demand. These guys are not going to be cheap, and even the full MLE is too little.

Best bet is via trade, and even though a shooter is a need, it would have to come from a team that has plenty of shooters in their rotation already and are looking for something else. But the Raptors don't really have too many assets unless you are willing to give up DeMar or Ross for one (I doubt Fields, Kleiza or Bargnani would be able to fetch one).

I say go in the off season and tell Ross to jack up 1000 3's a night while someone is in his face every time. Perhaps do some suicides then go back and shoot more 3's to simulate as close to a real world example as possible.

But the best 3 point shooters need space to operate. Unless they start utilizing JV more in the paint or if they get a low post presence the 3 point shooter will be a waste of an asset, in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    Although I acknowledge that outside shooting is a need, I don't like the idea of going after such a 1-dimensional player (like Korver).
    I thought Raptors fans would learn the danger of one dimensional players....

Why would you go after a Kyle Korver if you can go after a Dorrell Wright (37% shooter) or someone like that? Guys who actually do something on both ends of the floor

Leave a comment:

• ebrian
    replied
    I doubt we'd get him anyway. We got Jason Kapono because we overpaid for him, which we cannot do with Korver. We also got him because he was young and probably saw us as a chance to get more minutes. Korver just isn't in that stage of his career anymore. He'll look for a playoff team and will probably be willing to take less than a full MLE if it's a contender.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    torch19 wrote: View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. MLE would probably do it but I'm not sure it's a wise investment exhausting our entire MLE to address one need out of the many things we need to address .... which makes me feel that much worse about this off season.
    It would depend on what trades you make and what comes back. If you can add 2 or 3 players while giving up just one or two and the new players address needs, suddenly using the MLE on one player is not a bad thing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X