Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rookies injured...

josh lewenberg ‏@jlew1050 1h

terrence ross tweaked his ankle during what casey called a "spirited practice". He hobbled out of the gym with an ice wrap. Status unknown

valanciunas is still in a soft neck brace. According to casey its not as bad as the team originally thought. Will be a gametime call fri

quincy acy didn't participate in practice, back spasms. Will be a gametime call fri

welpppppppp

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post

terrence ross tweaked his ankle during what casey called a "spirited practice". He hobbled out of the gym with an ice wrap. Status unknown

valanciunas is still in a soft neck brace. According to casey its not as bad as the team originally thought. Will be a gametime call fri

quincy acy didn't participate in practice, back spasms. Will be a gametime call fri

welpppppppp
    Somewhere deep in the bowels of the ACC, Casey and AA do a fist pump and grin.

(jk)

Comment

Well an update the third twitter posting on Acy is no longer on Josh's feed so I guess it was false and hes fine. :O

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

(jk)
        Lmao I just pictured that and spilled my coffee all over my work desk LMFAO .....but in all reality Matt you cant scare people like this 0.o

Comment

Q has had some nice moves in the past couple of games.

maybe he'll work hard and eventually turn into a gem of a pick.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

(jk)
            This made my day

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
              Q has had some nice moves in the past couple of games.

maybe he'll work hard and eventually turn into a gem of a pick.
              I think Acy's size will always be an issue, and probably keep him stuck as mostly a 3rd stringer. In order to even be a full time backup, he'll have to be able to make up for his size on D, and excel at something on O like jumpers and face-up moves. He definitely has a chance, though. I don't think he'll ever be a starter, but a 3rd or 4th big is pretty good from a 2nd rd pick, and even a guy who can stick on a roster at all ain't bad.

Comment

he's a surprisingly good spot up shooter. great rarely-come-off-the-bench guy.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                  he's a surprisingly good spot up shooter. great rarely-come-off-the-bench guy.
                  He has a smooth jumper, which is good because getting the ball in the basket is easier with a smooth flow, rather than broken (see Landry.)
                  Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    I think Acy's size will always be an issue, and probably keep him stuck as mostly a 3rd stringer. In order to even be a full time backup, he'll have to be able to make up for his size on D, and excel at something on O like jumpers and face-up moves. He definitely has a chance, though. I don't think he'll ever be a starter, but a 3rd or 4th big is pretty good from a 2nd rd pick, and even a guy who can stick on a roster at all ain't bad.
                    Yeah. I just checked, 6'7" at PF? yikes. wont work. He needs to work on his jumper and ball handling. The best he we can hope for is a poor man's battier and thats being generous. He seems athletic and quick enough to actually be usuable as a rotation piece. And the fact the he hustles is plus points as well. Im wondering why he was groomed into being a power forward at 6'7"? why didnt his previous coaches and trainers make him play the g/f position??

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                      Yeah. I just checked, 6'7" at PF? yikes. wont work. He needs to work on his jumper and ball handling. The best he we can hope for is a poor man's battier and thats being generous. He seems athletic and quick enough to actually be usuable as a rotation piece. And the fact the he hustles is plus points as well. Im wondering why he was groomed into being a power forward at 6'7"? why didnt his previous coaches and trainers make him play the g/f position??
                      Just a wild guess, but maybe he was always tall for his age, even going into college at 6'7'', that's not short for an 18 year old (lets say). A lot of guys will grow a bit more. So yeah, maybe he just grew fast, but hit the wall there early. So he would've played as a big his whole life.

I don't think you can ever expect a Battier-type (Battier is a wing, Acy is a big)....Trying to thikn of a comparison is hard...I want to say his skills blend a bit of Carl Landry and Reggie Evans, but a bit shorter/quicker.

Comment

He's a bearded Kenneth Faried

Comment

JV is out for today game vs Chicago.

Comment

Valanciunas (sore neck), Ross (sprained able) and Landry Fields (strep throat) will not play for the #Raptors tonight vs #Bulls

Comment

The 3 Rooks better log 30+ mins on sunday. Crush the Nets!

Comment

Working...
                              X