X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• isaacthompson
    replied
    Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    JV being the real deal, saves it from being an F, as well as landing Rudy Gay for nothing.
    Because Jose Calderon and a budding starting PF in the league is nothing.

Leave a comment:

• Rapstor4Life
    replied
    ceez wrote: View Post
    Season has been a utter failure. Demar and Rudy's contracts even make the near future bleak.

F.
    JV being the real deal, saves it from being an F, as well as landing Rudy Gay for nothing.

Leave a comment:

• GameBreaker
    replied
    I don't think DeMar is getting enough credit. We wanted him to improve his game, and get bigger--he did. Does he have more to work on? Yes. But don't you guys think he, if anyone, knows that? He's coach-able and disciplined as a gym rat, meaning any good coach we bring in, hypothetically if DC doesn't improve his own skills, is gonna address that because DeRozan is humble enough to want to get better. Ofcourse he's gonna defend his team/himself after getting ridiculed, publicly, in the media. I would say what he said, too. That's what honor is. We don't even have to go into who's showed no honor as a past Raptor. It's not his fault he's had no one to truly mentor him that had credibility, on the team. Anyways, I just think he deserves a bit more credit. Dude's even getting calls his way, more than last year. Jus sayin.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    Season has been a utter failure. Demar and Rudy's contracts even make the near future bleak.

F.

Leave a comment:

• ebrian
    replied
    Bouncepass wrote: View Post
    Did the SI story studiously ignore anything positive? (Yes) Did Amir Johnson continue to progress as a top PF/C, greatly outplaying his contract after many pundits criticized BC for signing him? (Yes) Did Valanciunas show the potential to be a top-flight C in the NBA? (Yes)
    Here I quote the likely excuses Colangelo will use to defend himself this season.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    The Derozan/Hollinger bit was priceless!

Leave a comment:

• stretch
    replied
    I'm ready to move on from this season. Just 3 games left, all playoff bound teams. I have this feeling that Miami is about to steamroll the competition in the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• Bouncepass
    replied
    Did the SI story studiously ignore anything positive? (Yes) Did Amir Johnson continue to progress as a top PF/C, greatly outplaying his contract after many pundits criticized BC for signing him? (Yes) Did Valanciunas show the potential to be a top-flight C in the NBA? (Yes)

There is no doubt that the Raptors roster has problems, but I think that if they get good consistent coaching from DC it has much more potential than many are anticipating. Perhaps the most disappointing thing about last year was BC's failure to pull the trigger on a Bargnani trade before his injury and disastrous return. I think they might be stuck with using Bargnani next year and seeing if he can bounce back and improve his trade value. He certainly will be a better bench option than any of the other dross available on the roster.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    By the text book definition.. C is average, so C+ is slightly above average:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grading...tion%29#Canada

This team was below average, so D+ makes sense in my opinion. JV prevents this team from becoming an F in my opinion.

When you don't make the playoffs and are almost close to luxury tax, and don't have a draft pick (either first or second round), a D+ is actually being lenient.
    C is just approaching average. B is right at average, and A is going above and beyond (top 5 seed).

Leave a comment:

• ezz_bee
    replied
    Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    ^When you put it that way ya sounds legit.
    Especially, because JV wasn't really a surprise. Sure, it was great to see his improvement, and he and amir are the only two bright spots on the roster, BUT it wasn't like he was a sleeper. Even before the season started he got his buzz, and a lot of people said that if they redrafted he would have been a top 3 pick for sure, which means, for me he alone isn't enough to bump up the grade.

Leave a comment:

• Rapstor4Life
    replied
    ^When you put it that way ya sounds legit.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    By the text book definition.. C is average, so C+ is slightly above average:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grading...tion%29#Canada

This team was below average, so D+ makes sense in my opinion. JV prevents this team from becoming an F in my opinion.

When you don't make the playoffs and are almost close to luxury tax, and don't have a draft pick (either first or second round), a D+ is actually being lenient.

Leave a comment:

• Rapstor4Life
    replied
    I would say C+ simply because everyone found out JV isnt a wasye nor a joke, the kid is legit talent at a rare position in todays game. Bad start to end the season respectable playing around 500 ball since Gay acquisition. We Got Rudy Gay on the team for very little, which brings an even better outlook for next season.

C+ would have been fair imo D+ is looking at the negatives too much I think but you know there are a TON of negatives.

Leave a comment:

• Jkwasia
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    Toronto Raptors — Final grade: D+ | Record: 30-48, No. 10 in the East

Midseason grade: C- | Midseason record: 15-27, No. 11 in the East

Is Andrea Bargnani still on the roster? (Yes.) Did Bryan Colangelo really trade for Gay thinking he would make them appreciably better? (Yes.) Was Kyle Lowry’s first season in Canada full of more red flags than initially expected? (Yes.) Are there perhaps four contracts on the books that would be worth amnestying if it were legal? (Yes.) Did DeMar DeRozan try to shame John Hollinger for predicting Toronto would win 33 games, only to put up a below-average PER for a team that will win no more than 34 games? (Yes.) Do the Raptors, who are missing the playoffs for the fifth straight season, at least have a lottery pick to look forward to? (No, unless they land in the top three.) Does anyone expect management to answer to the realities behind this silly list of rhetorical questions that could go on all day? (Nope!) Did Terrence Ross win the Slam Dunk Contest? (He sure did, and it wasn’t too bad. Let’s agree to focus on that one.)

Pretty much what i've been saying all year.
    Can someone re-tweet this to Demar DeRozan to show who the real clown is and hopefully he uses this as a motivation to work on his D, ball handling,3 point shooting ,and calling people names when he cant back it up 0.o

Leave a comment:

• ezz_bee
    replied
    NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    D+ is way to low. I'd say C+ considering the crazy up and down season we had, and the horrid start
    I don't think D+ plus is way to low. In fact I don't see it as low at all. From the start of the season Casey and the organization stated that the goal was playoffs. Even if they get ahead of Philly for the ninth spot, they were never really in playoff contention. (Except, maybe right after the Gay trade until they lost to the Bucks.) Also, how does shitting the bed at the start of the season warrant giving them a better mark? If the score was just for the final 1/3 of the season, then yes it should be higher, but I'm pretty sure that it's for the full season. I tried to find the article, but it wasn't linked and I couldn't find it on their site. If there is a link, would someone post it?

EDIT: Never mind I found the article, anyone else can find it HERE

I guess the article doesn't explicitly say whether it's for the full year or just from the mid-season on.

But yes, this has been a D+ season, IMO.

PS: I did however find out, that the Spurs released Stephen Jackson, because he and pop (reportedly) had disagreements about his diminishing role. #whataclown

LINK
    Last edited by ezz_bee; Sat Apr 13, 2013, 03:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X