Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GT: Nets @ Raptors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Don't fall for it.

    This happens every year.

    lol
    That ain't lol though.

    Comment


    • #17
      Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Likely considering Ross was a Casey pick as well if my memory is correct from last summer. During lockout, Casey reportedly spent a lot of time at UW.
      Yeah, I think BC just didn't care about his picks in this draft. All the players he wanted were projected to go, and ended up going, before his pick. Not that he wasn't happy to draft Ross, but it was the "best of the rest" situation to him.

      *And I think it's fairly obvious BC doesn't like 2nd round picks. Probably would've traded it if he could've gotten something he liked.
      Last edited by white men can't jump; Sun Apr 14th, 2013, 06:23 PM.

      Comment


      • #18
        I like that Demar has hit 2 corner 3s this game.

        Comment


        • #19
          Can the Raptors please stop biting on simple pumpfakes?

          Comment


          • #20
            Man it is so frustrating to watch when Rudy and Demar both play well at the same time, because you just know that they are not able to do it consistently.

            Comment


            • #21
              Red and White wrote: View Post
              Man it is so frustrating to watch when Rudy and Demar both play well at the same time, because you just know that they are not able to do it consistently.
              because they take garbage long 2s all day and more often than not those shots wont fall for both of them at the same time.

              Comment


              • #22
                I'm streaming this game thru the bkn broadcast just to avoid hearing the Matt and Jack. The nets broadcasters are pretty good actually.
                in masai we trust

                water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

                Comment


                • #23
                  d749 wrote: View Post
                  because they take garbage long 2s all day and more often than not those shots wont fall for both of them at the same time.
                  Today they were a combined 6/10 from 3PT, and DeRozan took 9 FTs. So half of DD's 36 points were from 3PT or the foul line. Just sayin...

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    This has to be the 2nd best part of the season after JV, watching the raptors win the last 2 weeks of the season and not being pissed about it. I laugh thinking about all the OKC fans going "Oh now you guys want to win ?!?!?" we're 1 win away from dropping from the top 10 and i'm happy now but if we get the 2 or 3 pick with 1% chance i'm gonna be so pissed.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      End of season. Gunning for 9th. Late Season Wins. Summer Growth. More Time to Gel. Optimism...Hope... seems like we are right on schedule, a sincere thank you to Bryan Coangelo, from the bottom of our hearts - raptors fans.
                      in masai we trust

                      water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Demar could be a really effective shooter. He needs to just take it with confidence. That 3 looked assuring today!
                        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Bouncepass wrote: View Post
                          Today they were a combined 6/10 from 3PT, and DeRozan took 9 FTs. So half of DD's 36 points were from 3PT or the foul line. Just sayin...
                          Key word in bold.

                          Now if that was everyday.....

                          .....and if he rebounded everyday.

                          .....and if he created for others everyday.

                          .....and if he played D everyday.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            At the game today, first Raps game in a couple years (I broke my rule and bought tix even though they haven't fired Colangelo). Thoughts:

                            1. Why does everyone lineup at the Union Station entrance so early and stand there? You can go about 100 feet outside and walk right in. Always find this amusing. Speaking of the crowd, wasn't great today. Still, big crowd for a crappy team at the end of the year.

                            2. Raps: Derozan and Gay were good. The bench was not. Anderson and Lucas are two of the most selfish players I have ever watched play in a Raps uniform. Why is Dwayne Casey always standing up? Is he the only coach in the NBA that's can't find the bench?

                            3. Deron Williams is really good. The Nets are not really good. Brook Lopez is baffling.

                            4. The Dance Pak has really gone down hill. Yikes.

                            5. Those idiots in track suits who cheer and go into the crowd are annoying as hell. The one guy kept trying to start the wave right when the game was getting close.

                            6. People really love those t-shirts they throw into the crowd. Are they wrapped around a bar of gold?

                            7. I got $25 of free gas. Thanks Petro-Canada.

                            8. Why no T-Ross? Injured?

                            EDIT: 9. Why the hell is a personal injury law firm sponsoring the Raps? Does this make any sense from anyone's perspective?
                            Last edited by slaw; Sun Apr 14th, 2013, 08:13 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              no.1
                              some people actually don't know. most others are stupid. you're lucky.
                              no.4
                              time to pimp yourself out and pick up some hoes
                              no.8
                              t-ross was working a hoe out back
                              no.9
                              why you bashing my firm?

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                slaw wrote: View Post
                                At the game today, first Raps game in a couple years (I broke my rule and bought tix even though they haven't fired Colangelo). Thoughts:

                                1. Why does everyone lineup at the Union Station entrance so early and stand there? You can go about 100 feet outside and walk right in. Always find this amusing. Speaking of the crowd, wasn't great today. Still, big crowd for a crappy team at the end of the year.

                                2. Raps: Derozan and Gay were good. The bench was not. Anderson and Lucas are two of the most selfish players I have ever watched play in a Raps uniform. Why is Dwayne Casey always standing up? Is he the only coach in the NBA that's can't find the bench?

                                3. Deron Williams is really good. The Nets are not really good. Brook Lopez is baffling.

                                4. The Dance Pak has really gone down hill. Yikes.

                                5. Those idiots in track suits who cheer and go into the crowd are annoying as hell. The one guy kept trying to start the wave right when the game was getting close.

                                6. People really love those t-shirts they throw into the crowd. Are they wrapped around a bar of gold?

                                7. I got $25 of free gas. Thanks Petro-Canada.

                                8. Why no T-Ross? Injured?

                                EDIT: 9. Why the hell is a personal injury law firm sponsoring the Raps? Does this make any sense from anyone's perspective?
                                On number 2, or really just on Gay, while I think issue #1 with Gay is consistency (hopefully partly attributable to health), in terms of game, the thing I want to see the most is better passing. He tries to make the right play but his passes are so damn bad. Bad timing, poor placement...I mean, I guess it's good he sees the chances, but they're exactly the kind of passes that lead to fast break turnovers.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X