Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GT: Raptors @ Hawks on TNT!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • GT: Raptors @ Hawks on TNT!

    http://www.nba.com/2013/news/04/15/b...led/index.html

    This is the "bittersweeteriest" thing that has ever happened to me. What has it been, like 10 years since we've been on national television? Game's at 8pm EST.

  • #2
    Yeah, wasn't planning on making a typo, if a mod could fix that..

    Comment


    • #3
      Raptors vs. Hawk tmrw on TNT

      The raptors, hawks game is on tnt tomorrow, it is replacing the Celtics vs pacers game due to its cancellation because of the explosions that happened in Boston today. Prayers go out to those who were hurt in the explosion
      TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS #tradeBargnani..

      Comment


      • #4
        Unfortunate event that happened today in Boston, my heart goes out to those individuals and families affected.

        To the Raptors, not exactly the best way to get national coverage, but hey, they'll take it. I certainly hope Valanciunas plays tomorrow night, give people a test of how really good this guy is (can be).

        I'm actually excited, the Raptors are playing the most similar basketball to last season in this final stretch. Looks like Casey is finally getting it right. At the wrong time.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

        Comment


        • #5
          I have a feeling that the TNT crew will talk about everything but the game tomorrow.

          "Listen, Kobe Bryant will come back better than ever. It's unfortunate he had to go down with the injury."

          "I'm looking forward to the Knicks - Celtics match up. OOOOO, that's gonna be a sick match up. What about the Bulls and Pacers? Paul George is amazing. He might be up there with James Harden."

          "Listen, aint nobody beatin the Heat this year. LeBron James, LeBron James ... LeBron James is so dominant. He so big and strong. It aint even fair."

          "There is a match up between the Hawks and Raptors going on right now ...... "

          "Who cares. The Hawks will get eliminated first round & the Raptors ......." "Do you think Josh Smith will be back next year?"

          "Hell no. Listen, Danny Ferry is one of my favorite people ... but you shoulda traded Josh Smith. He aint comin back."

          "No body is talkin about San Antonio. Greg Popovich has done a incredible job again & aint nobody ever talk about them. What is wrong with this world."

          "This is a horrible game. Cant wait for playoffs to start. Where u at David Stern. Oh by the way, David Stern has been a incredible commissioner & he still got hair."

          ... just a feeling

          But seriously, my heart goes out to the victims of the Boston bombing today. Horrific end to such a storied tradition. How do you have the audacity to perpetuate an attack like that, children, families, athletes ... For some people, this was supposed to be the highlight of their lives, but it has been tainted by actions of ruthless punks. It makes me sick to know that such people exist. Sports/events are sometimes a culmination of our life long achievements & it's sad that a few rotten citizens can take it away in merely seconds. I wish to not see these things on tv but the sad reality is, punks like these exist in this world. God bless the victims & their families.
          Last edited by torch19; Tue Apr 16th, 2013, 05:18 AM.
          “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

          -- Charles Barkley

          Comment


          • #6
            I was wondering whether we were going to be on national TV after the Celtics game was cancelled.

            Imprint this date in history people.
            Twitter - @thekid_it

            Comment


            • #7
              torch19 wrote: View Post
              I have a feeling that the TNT crew will talk about everything but the game tomorrow.

              "Listen, Kobe Bryant will come back better than ever. It's unfortunate he had to go down with the injury."

              "I'm looking forward to the Knicks - Celtics match up. OOOOO, that's gonna be a sick match up. What about the Bulls and Pacers? Paul George is amazing. He might be up there with James Harden."

              "Listen, aint nobody beatin the Heat this year. LeBron James, LeBron James ... LeBron James is so dominant. He so big and strong. It aint even fair."

              "There is a match up between the Hawks and Raptors going on right now ...... "

              "Who cares. The Hawks will get eliminated first round & the Raptors ......." "Do you think Josh Smith will be back next year?"

              "Hell no. Listen, Danny Ferry is one of my favorite people ... but you shoulda traded Josh Smith. He aint comin back."

              "No body is talkin about San Antonio. Greg Popovich has done a incredible job again & aint nobody ever talk about them. What is wrong with this world."

              "This is a horrible game. Cant wait for playoffs to start. Where u at David Stern. Oh by the way, David Stern has been a incredible commissioner & he still got hair."

              ... just a feeling

              But seriously, my heart goes out to the victims of the Boston bombing today. Horrific end to such a storied tradition. How do you have the audacity to perpetuate an attack like that, children, families, athletes ... For some people, this was supposed to be the highlight of their lives, but it has been tainted by actions of ruthless punks. It makes me sick to know that such people exist. Sports/events are sometimes a culmination of our life long achievements & it's sad that a few rotten citizens can take it away in merely seconds. I wish to not see these things on tv but the sad reality is, punks like these exist in this world. God bless the victims & their families.
              Well done sir.....I can soo hear Charles Barkley saying many of the things you wrote above.....gave me a good chuckle while at work.

              I also appreciate your words regarding the tragedy in Boston yesterday..... it's a sad moment in time for all of us. I won't speculate on whom may be responsible as the investigations are on-going, BUT i hope that we find the individual(s) responsible and I pray for the injured and others fighting for their lives. I also pray for the families that lost their loved ones. We should all hug our friends and families a little tighter. There are those that would like to ruin our society as we know it. God bless you all.

              Comment


              • #8
                Too bad the Hawks always seem to beat the Raptors by 20+, for whatever reason. (I haven't looked it up, but that's just what it seems like)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Getting blown out on national television isn't going to be fun. So they better make a game of this, Rudy gay game winner!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I just want to point out that if we win our last two...we will be 3 games out of a playoff spot....

                    4 is the number of games the refs blew for us
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      thead wrote: View Post
                      I just want to point out that if we win our last two...we will be 3 games out of a playoff spot....

                      4 is the number of games the refs blew for us
                      Why do they insist on fucking with the Raptors? when we're winning we're like a top 5 team in attendance which is a shit ton of money for the league. It will only benefit them, why continue to screw with us and lose so much profit they could be making? The Hawks make the playoffs all the time but no one shows up to watch their games...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        thead wrote: View Post
                        I just want to point out that if we win our last two...we will be 3 games out of a playoff spot....

                        4 is the number of games the refs blew for us
                        The number of close games the Raps let slip away during their horrendous opening stretch of the season, whether with the help of the ref's help or not, was brutal. I remember threads about 20 games into the season, where we were discussing how there were easily 5-7 games that the Raps should have won.

                        Throughout the season they've continued to blow some pretty substantial leads that they held after 2 or even 3 quarters. When you consider the injuries they've had to overcome, the rookies, roster changes and the amount of salary that's been utterly useless this season (Bargnani - $10M, Kleiza - $4.6M)... damn, I'm starting to sound like BC!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Wait, can Canadian TV viewers watch the TNT broadcast or are we forced to listen to Matt talk about his tie?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Sig wrote: View Post
                            Yeah, wasn't planning on making a typo, if a mod could fix that..
                            You should be able to correct any typos yourself... click the "Edit Post" button under your posted message to give it a try... :-)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Sig wrote: View Post
                              Wait, can Canadian TV viewers watch the TNT broadcast or are we forced to listen to Matt talk about his tie?
                              I believe we're stuck listening to Matt Devlin learn about the game of basketball while NBA TV Canada is forced to show some random re-run, but I may be wrong.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X