This playoffs is depressing to watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This playoffs is depressing to watch

I mean, Brooklyn just crushed Chicago tonight. Raptors IMO are a better team than Chicago(w/out Rose). I also think we're a better team than Atlanta and Milwaukee. But both those teams are in the playoffs.

The 4-19 start really killed this team. Maybe the Blue Jays would learn a lesson or two from the Raptors when it comes to slow start.
    Mamba Mentality

The Leafs made the playoffs. the team that finished the season wouldnt of had a 4-19 start, Raps got better over night the team that ended the season is better than the Bucks, Hawks and Bulls(this season) imo. Raps played .500 ball with Rudy 17-16 record...and thats with a shitty bench unit.

Comment

Does that record include all the pre-playoff games when teams are playing their B units and generally avoid injuries at all costs?

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
        I mean, Brooklyn just crushed Chicago tonight. Raptors IMO are a better team than Chicago(w/out Rose). I also think we're a better team than Atlanta and Milwaukee. But both those teams are in the playoffs.

The 4-19 start really killed this team. Maybe the Blue Jays would learn a lesson or two from the Raptors when it comes to slow start.
        Can you really say that we're better than those teams? We went .500 with Rudy - including winning 7 of 8 to end the season against playoff teams that were resting their best players or lottery teams that had no motivation to win. In the 18 games before that - when teams were still playing their A lineups and jockeying for position - the Raptors were 4-14.

And even if you think that their .500 record could be stretched out over the course of an 82 game season... when did .500 ball become the bench mark of a really good team? Atlanta and Chicago both finished well above .500 and Milwaukee beat us twice post Gay trade.... I don't think it's fair to say that we're better than any of those squads until, well, we actually show it on the court where it matters.
        Last edited by Fully; Sun Apr 21, 2013, 01:13 PM.

Comment

How do you sign up for the free trail?

Comment

Raptors had their biggest chance in Feb and March to make it to the playoffs, but they blew it. There were a lot of must win games against supposedly weaker teams where they lost. And most of the losses involve blown leads, poor execution down the stretch, poor iso-dependent offensive sets, etc.

It is depressing that the raps could have been in it. Maybe next year. Changes have to made though. Big changes. But the good thing is that the core looks good (jonas, amir, derozan, gay, lowry -> bench: ross, fields, acy, AIRon gray; lucas and andersen have to go). need a backup pg and pf.

At least the leafs are in the playoffs, and have a great chance to make noise too!
            Hopefully, the BJays get their act together.

Comment

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post

Seems like a lot.
                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

"Fun Fact"????? More like depressing isnt it?

Ist rule of twitter use should be....if you are bored dont use twitter.

Comment

I think if we snatched 8 we would had a fun series against the Heat the Bucks barely got there and it was an embarrassing sweep. Now Bucks are blowing up the Roster.

Comment

Haven't they won 11 games?

2001 - 3 against Knicks; 3 against Philly;

2002 - 2 against Detroit;

2007 - 2 against Jersey

2008 - 1 against Orlando

Am I wrong here? Stop short changing their success Michael Grange!

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                        Haven't they won 11 games?

2001 - 3 against Knicks; 3 against Philly;

2002 - 2 against Detroit;

2007 - 2 against Jersey

2008 - 1 against Orlando

Am I wrong here? Stop short changing their success Michael Grange!
                        Yup, Grange was wrong. He later tweeted as such. 11 playoffs wins is the correct total.

He also clarified that technically the Bobcats also have fewer wins. But since they weren't around in 1995-96, he didn't include them in the tally.

Comment

Working...
                        X