Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mackenzie on Raptors: DeRozan's losing battle

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mackenzie on Raptors: DeRozan's losing battle

    http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...losing-battle/


  • #2
    That's kind of a weird quote to include from the article (which is pretty good, I recommend everyone reads it). I didn't even understand what he was talking about since you didn't include any context (he's discussing his contract extension in that quote).

    I'd have included this quote:

    “One thing about next season, I know for a fact we’ll be in the playoffs,” he said. “No question. I’ve been saying I hope, but we’re going to make it. We’ve got the talent to do it.”

    Asked if that was a guarantee he wants to stamp his name beside, he nodded emphatically.

    “I’m dedicating my summer to that. Period.”
    Anyways, not sure what kind of discussion you were trying to get going with the quote you included, but thanks for the link to the article. Nice to hear more about how loyal DD is to Toronto and how he goes into the gym late night to work on his 3 ball.

    Comment


    • #3
      Great article - terrible headline.

      It's hard not to like DeRozan for his approach to the game, and his hard work. I get a little frustrated with some fans who keep saying that DD has hit his ceiling and doesn't have much room to grow as a player. If he continues to work hard and develops a bona fide 3-pt shot, and continues to work on his handles and moves, he is going to become an increasingly valuable player.

      He's class all the way.

      Comment


      • #4
        DD All Day, the man is 24 still improving, hard working, and wants to be here. i dont get why people would want to trade him when there's still bigger holes to fill.

        Comment


        • #5
          If DeMar can shoot 36% from three, consistently fill the boxscore with more than points, and become average on defense.... well, he'd probably be my favourite Raptor of all time.

          It is hard not to like the guy. I do believe he is sincere when he speaks about Toronto which is more than I can say for most other athletes when talking about the city they play for.... I'm a cynical guy, what can I say?

          Comment


          • #6
            Matt52 wrote: View Post
            If DeMar can shoot 36% from three, consistently fill the boxscore with more than points, and become average on defense.... well, he'd probably be my favourite Raptor of all time.

            It is hard not to like the guy. I do believe he is sincere when he speaks about Toronto which is more than I can say for most other athletes when talking about the city they play for.... I'm a cynical guy, what can I say?
            That's one of the wonders of our time. We want everybody to see the 'right' thing all the time. We give plenty of media-training to learn them to say what we want to hear. And we certainly don't want them to be honest all the time. But because of it we can't believe anything we hear and we get cynical because so many times what we wanted to hear and what was told us because we wanted it to be said, isn't the truth and we know it.

            Comment


            • #7
              Soft Euro wrote: View Post
              That's one of the wonders of our time. We want everybody to see the 'right' thing all the time. We give plenty of media-training to learn them to say what we want to hear. And we certainly don't want them to be honest all the time. But because of it we can't believe anything we hear and we get cynical because so many times what we wanted to hear and what was told us because we wanted it to be said, isn't the truth and we know it.
              How did this conversation become about Colangelo?

              Comment


              • #8
                Matt52 wrote: View Post
                How did this conversation become about Colangelo?

                I always have to think about him with this stuff; I did have him in mind...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                  That's one of the wonders of our time. We want everybody to see the 'right' thing all the time. We give plenty of media-training to learn them to say what we want to hear. And we certainly don't want them to be honest all the time. But because of it we can't believe anything we hear and we get cynical because so many times what we wanted to hear and what was told us because we wanted it to be said, isn't the truth and we know it.
                  this, you have to be pretty stupid to not realize your annual salary just tripled. It's plain to me he is bullshiting.
                  Last edited by akashsingh; Wed Apr 24, 2013, 07:57 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    akashsingh wrote: View Post
                    this, you have to be pretty stupid to not realize your annual salary just tripled. It's plain to me he is bullshiting.
                    Ahh I'm not so sure. I mean, he'd already made like 12 mil or whatever off of his rookie contract. Anything after that won't make any real difference to his day to day life. If anything, it'll just make things more complicated. More money more problems, as they say.
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      akashsingh wrote: View Post
                      this, you have to be pretty stupid to not realize your annual salary just tripled. It's plain to me he is bullshiting.
                      it hasnt tripled yet, his pay checks will triple next season

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        so much respect for his loyalty.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                          That's one of the wonders of our time. We want everybody to see the 'right' thing all the time. We give plenty of media-training to learn them to say what we want to hear. And we certainly don't want them to be honest all the time. But because of it we can't believe anything we hear and we get cynical because so many times what we wanted to hear and what was told us because we wanted it to be said, isn't the truth and we know it.
                          Fans are all for players telling the 100% truth... if it lines up exactly with what they want to hear.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            DeMar is a G. what a good guy, Is he still in Toronto right now anyone know? he said he'd be going with Payton asap when season ended.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              DD starting the off season the right way.

                              What worries me is the comment of young players getting use to losing.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X