Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blackjitsu
    replied
    You could pull it off for Bargnani, Kleiza, filler and future picks. If you used JV you would still need to send them a big contract to do the math. I'm against it for a whole slew of reasons (no way they trade with Toronto and not demand DD), but, so many people were screaming for a post presence that I'm surprised so many people disagree with the concept of bringing him in.

Leave a comment:

• koncept
    replied
    Do not want D12. He seems like a team killer. His sulky attitude and lack of drive doesn't overcome his talent.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
    I never thought of this. With TL on board, this is a very realistic possibility. A trade may not be necessary as Dwight is a FA, unless a sign a trade helps get rid of Bargnani.
    Crazy talk. A trade is necessary because we don't have cap space, let alone enough cap space for a max contract. I really really really don't think Dwight Howard wants to come play for the Raptors. Let's stick to things with a 10% chance of happening like Phil Jackson coming in as team president.

Leave a comment:

• d749
    replied
    no chance were giving up jv for dwight. if the lakers got a new future franchise player out of it i would lose it

Leave a comment:

• Eric Akshinthala
    replied
    Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    If I sound like I'm trolling here, I apologize. Dwight Howard just got DQ'ed in what may be his final game as a Laker. Given Lieweke's signing (and LA connection) and the fact that we have parts for a trade (JV being the centerpiece), how would people feel about DH12 coming here? Again, I pose the question because TL is talking championship, not just making the playoffs. Thoughts?
    I never thought of this. With TL on board, this is a very realistic possibility. A trade may not be necessary as Dwight is a FA, unless a sign a trade helps get rid of Bargnani.

Leave a comment:

• Soft Euro
    replied
    When hearing the interview with Leiweke, he is not going to be hands on in player management and deals himself.

Leave a comment:

• isaacthompson
    replied
    If I sound like I'm trolling here, I apologize. Dwight Howard just got DQ'ed in what may be his final game as a Laker. Given Lieweke's signing (and LA connection) and the fact that we have parts for a trade (JV being the centerpiece), how would people feel about DH12 coming here? Again, I pose the question because TL is talking championship, not just making the playoffs. Thoughts?
    I wouldn't be surprised if he tried...his mentality may be that star players are the fastest way to success.

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    He might be a better fit here, but I'm ignorant, I absolutely hate Dwight Howard, so no thank you. JV, Derozan, and whatever pieces in my honest opinion are too much to give up, but Rudy/Dwight is intriguing.

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    1. Casey stays, unless an experienced, top notch name becomes available, and deal/interest is mutual, i.e. Nate McMillan

2. Bargnani goes. Deal him with Ross for possible picks, pieces, but number one priority to acquire in this deal is a power forward, one capable of starting, and an offensive threat down low.

3. Acquire a back-up point guard to Kyle Lowry, or if anything, acquire a better fit at the point guard by dealing Kyle Lowry. Names and players are dependent upon preference. I personally would love a pass-first guard that can defend, but not much variety out there, and not many pass-firsts that can defend.

4. A lock-down wing defender i.e Tony Allen, or a three-point threat i.e Redick, or both i.e. Dunleavy.

Leave a comment:

• Balls of Steel
    replied

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    1) See what it would take to get Kevin Love from Minnesota. Potential deal would probably surround DeMar and the 2014 first round pick. Would include anyone not named JV to make that deal happen. If Bargnani is included even better.

2) If Bargnani is not used in the Kevin Love trade (or if the trade is not possible), I'd trade him to Charlotte for Tyrus Thomas and Detroit's 2014 first round pick (top 8 protected), and if possible a 2nd rounder.

3) Pick up the options on JL3 and Gray. Amnesty Kleiza and sign a backup PG like Watson with the MLE.

Casey will be back for one more year and would tell him to concentrate on defense like he did in the 2011-2012 season, and would give him bonuses if he reached his defensive goals.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    #1 Priority is attempting to trade Bargs.

I'd offer LA Bargs, Ross, and Kleiza for Pau. If that doesn't get it done, I'd move on to Chicago and offer Bargs and Keliza for Boozer. If we can't get that done, I'd move on to Charlotte and offer Bargs for Ben Gordon and one of Charlotte's 1st round picks. If that doesn't work, I'd go for the Bargs/Kleiza for Hump/Brooks trade mentioned above. If that doesn't work, then we stick with Bargs until his stock goes up more or his contract runs out. Amnesty provides only negative results as eventually his expiring deal would be movable for something, and he'd probably be a decent (albeit expensive) 6-9th man in the meantime, wherever he fits in.

Depending on what you got for Bargs, you use the MLE and minimum contracts to fill in the holes at backup PG, PF, 3pt shooting wing, and possibly a 2nd/3rd center.

PG's I'd target are guys who can hit the 3 like Nate Robinson, Jarrett Jack, Devin Harris, CJ Watson, DJ Augustin, Beno Udrih, or AJ Price. Obviously some variation between the full MLE and the minimum, depending on the guy who is interested. At least the crop of backup PG's is rather large. I have them more or less in order of who I want most, with Udrih and Price being included as "at least they're better than Lucas" guys.

As for 3pt shooting, I'd offer something near the minimum to Morrow.

As for big men, I'd offer deals to Nazr Mohammed or Chris Andersen.

If we pull most of this off, no reason we can't compete for the 6-8 seed, and should be a lock. I want JV and the rest to get some playoff experience so they'll be ready to challenge for a title in 3 years.

Leave a comment:

• nbfan
    replied
    Well, the obvious for everyone here is to trade Bargnani. The hypothetical trade I would like is Bargs and Kleiza to Brooklyn for Humphries and Brooks. This would give us:

Lowry/Lucas
    Demar/Ross/Brooks
    Rudy/Fields
    Johnson/Humphries/Acy
    Valanciunas/Gray

The $12 million after the 13-14 season from Humphries contract will be good to have and he will definately be a solid backup for the elusive playoff push next year. At this point theres not a lot of money left so I'd just sign a few near minimum players to help improve the team. They would likely be:

PG DJ Augustin
    C Nazr Mohammed

This gives us:

Lowry/Augustin/Lucas
    Demar/Ross/Brooks
    Rudy/Fields
    Johnson/Humphries/Acy
    Valanciunas/Mohammed/Gray

I think this greatly helps our overall PG play and rebounding for the upcoming season. We also have a $12 million expiring contract and an intriguing young talent (Ross) that may factor into some sort of good trade scenarios during the season. For example if a team is doing shitty next year and decides to blow it up combination of Ross + fat expiring contract of Humphries may get a star player off of that team. Having Marshon Brooks already would safe guard the backup SG spot and he shows pretty good potential.

Leave a comment:

• isaacthompson
    replied
    white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    YOU would be the new GM. You wouldn't have the power to hire Jackson, since he's looking for a President or GM type gig. BC would already be fired.
    Ope. Misread. In that case...

#1 - Trade Bargnani. Get rid of the final piece of the losing culture.

#2 - Find another big man via trade / free agency. If Amir is set to be our starting PF for the time being, Acy and Air Aaron aren't going to cut as it as the only other bigs.

#3 - Get a solid backup point guard (here a lot of Ridnour floating around) and then get rid of Lucas, making Telfair the third-string PG. He's sold insurance.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    #1 - Make a run at Phil Jackson / Fire Colangelo. If we can lock up Phil at GM, this city would be on Cloud 9.

#2 - Trade Bargnani. Get rid of the final piece of the losing culture (assuming BC goes out as per step #1).

#3 - Find another big man via trade / free agency. If Amir is set to be our starting PF for the time being, Acy and Air Aaron aren't going to cut as it as the only other bigs.
    YOU would be the new GM. You wouldn't have the power to hire Jackson, since he's looking for a President or GM type gig. BC would already be fired.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X