Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jonas Valanciunas or Enes Kanter? (Poll added)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric Akshinthala
    replied
    omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
    Speaking of impossible scenarios, Raps should also trade JV for Wiggins if that opportunity presented itself.
    If I understand your post correctly, in your opinion trading JV/Bargnani for EK/Millsap is the same as trading JV for Wiggins. Not that anybody wouldn't do that(JV for Wiggins) IF the opportunity was there BUT how can you even begin to compare the two scenarios as being similar?

Matt thinking it's VERY possible is very supportive and thanks Matt for that.

The way I see it, let me state the difference between the two scenarios. One is Very much possible and the other is Very much impossible. That said though, you're entitled to your opinion.

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    feet85 wrote: View Post
    Jonas Rookie year: 8.9 ppg 6.0 rpg and 1.3 bpg as well as 56% fg Enes rookie year: 4.6 ppg 4.2 rpg 0.3 bpg and 50% fg.... The answer is clear and it's JV
    Minutes?

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
    Speaking of impossible scenarios, Raps should also trade JV for Wiggins if that opportunity presented itself.
    If Millsap agreed to a sign and trade it would be very much possible. Everyone agreeing is another matter, of course.

Leave a comment:

• omgsomuchpotential
    replied
    Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
    JV Vs EK, I prefer JV. However if an opportunity like JV/ Bargnani for Kanter/Millsap presented itself, Raps. should do that trade IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Eric Akshinthala
    replied
    JV Vs EK, I prefer JV. However if an opportunity like JV/ Bargnani for Kanter/Millsap presented itself, Raps. should do that trade IMO.

Leave a comment:

• swingman
    replied
    The two of them are gonna have very good careers.
    That said, I voted JV, as although Kanter has a stronger body and is a better rebounder, he doesn't have JV's offensive arsenal, or his fantastic attitude and on court hustle. Plus, I have a huge bias as well.

Leave a comment:

• Sig
    replied
    NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Jv is a leaner more skilled big. Where as Kanter is more like pekovic. He's going to go through you not over you, JV will either go over you or around you because he's longer and faster. I'd go with JV cause i'm a homer and i love JV
    hahaaaaa

Leave a comment:

• bounty
    replied
    On a side note Kanter dropped 51 lbs. before this season even started

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...medium=twitter
    Last edited by bounty; Mon Apr 29, 2013, 11:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bounty
    replied
    I think Kanter will be a star. He is an absolute beast, but he can also face up and hit a 15 footer. I think he's a great player going forward, both him a JV are physically imposing with very good size, but I think Kanter will emerge as a top 5 center in the league.

I'm much more impressed and intrigued by Kanter's skillset. I think he has 20 10 capability. He's a skilled, physical guy who can operate on the block or step away, which makes him a threat anywhere from 18 ft on down. His footwork is beautiful to watch when he doesn't rush his moves. He's got a great feel for the post and has counters over either shoulder.

Jefferson and Millsap are free agent why they didn't get traded already is beyond me but it seems like Utah missed a huge opp to get something in return.

Players can't develop unless they get playing time so it makes little sense to keep somebody glued to a bench thinking it's going to make him better. That's what Utah is doing with Kanter.

Since I saw him play in the Nike Hoop Summit back in 2010, and since he has gotten drafted. Ive loved this kid Great work ethic, great rebounder, strong as an ox, and has pretty good touch and footwork.

Don't get me wrong i love JV like the next person but Kanter is something else.

Leave a comment:

• isaacthompson
    replied
    Jonas Rookie year: 8.9 ppg 6.0 rpg and 1.3 bpg as well as 56% fg Enes rookie year: 4.6 ppg 4.2 rpg 0.3 bpg and 50% fg.... The answer is clear and it's JV
    connected wrote: View Post
    You missed an important stat. JV was averaging 10 more minutes per game than Kanter. Though I still think JV will have have a better career both offensively and defensively. If we had Favors next to JV then I would be super excited for the Raps future.
    I was about to say the same thing...Kanter has been locked to the bench while Millsap and Jefferson logged the big minutes. I believe this is one of the main reasons they want to trade Al or Millsap; they have two perfectly capable big men in Kanter and Derrick Favors, and they're sitting on the bench doing nothing.

Every one of Kanter's numbers in stats categories increased, all while playing relatively the same amount of minutes as his rookie year (13.2 to 15.4). In games that he's logged big minutes, he's gone out and produced BIG games. On March 1st he put up 23 and 22 in 44 minutes of PT. Mind you, it was against the Bobcats, but 20-20 games around the league were hard to come by this year.

Take the homer glasses off people. An argument can be made going either way.

Leave a comment:

• connected
    replied
    You missed an important stat. JV was averaging 10 more minutes per game than Kanter. Though I still think JV will have have a better career both offensively and defensively. If we had Favors next to JV then I would be super excited for the Raps future.

Leave a comment:

• feet85
    replied

Leave a comment:

• omgsomuchpotential
    replied
    I strongly disagree with both tkfu and Craiger. I think once JV will fill out, he'll be much much more of a true center than Kanter. JV doesn't mind banging in the paint. I imagine JV having Bogut-esque type body, but with a much much better offensive game. Kanter will be more of a PF/C, since he's probably gonna be quicker than JV in their primes and thus should keep up with most of the PFs in the league.

Leave a comment:

• RAPresenting
    replied
    I think both are nice players but like many previous have said are different. Wouldn't be apposed to either taking up a roster spot on my team. JV gets the edge with his hustle and length also his vibe he gives off. JV has that vibe that he's going to be great and be that guy who leads his team, I don't get that from Kanter.

Leave a comment:

• Soft Euro
    replied
    Like Stahmenah said, we got Valanciunas, so who really cares. Nevertheless, both get their offense in large part from playing in the post and Valanciunas hasn't done worse there than Kanter.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X