Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tim Leiwke sits down with McLean's magazine and causes a tingle around the equator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phez
    replied
    Ryan Wolstat: Getting close to decision day for MLSE on Bryan Colangelo. He has a meeting tomorrow with assorted big-wigs. Twitter @WolstatSun

Leave a comment:

• ebrian
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    The bold sentence is an absolute joke. You are kidding right? We would have had a better chance IF WE MADE THE PLAYOFFS! The team who made the playoffs and played Miami beat Toronto 3-0 this season by an average of 12 points.
    Reminds me of Uncle Rico from Napoleon Dynamite:

"How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains? Well, if coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we’d have been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind. You better believe things had been different. I’d have gone pro in a heartbeat. I’d be making millions of dollars and living in a big ol’ mansion somewhere, soaking it up in a hot tub with my soul mate."

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Canmanxl wrote: View Post
    Gotta stop being so negative, all this Colangelo hate is really unnecessary. And when you get into the playoffs anything could happen. We would have had a better chance against Miami than the Bucks, we played Miami well all season. Remember this little discussion next year when we are playing better ball and making a playoff run. I just know what we have constructed compared to the rest of the NBA is capable of making the playoffs. We are a couple decent pieces away, so stop making it seem like we are so far away.
    So far away from what?

Again, if playoffs is your goal. Awesome. Raptors might be there next year. However they still only went 30-29 AFTER their hardest part of the year was over.

The bold sentence is an absolute joke. You are kidding right? We would have had a better chance IF WE MADE THE PLAYOFFS! The team who made the playoffs and played Miami beat Toronto 3-0 this season by an average of 12 points.

Leave a comment:

• Canmanxl
    replied
    It would appear Colangelo has achieved his goal of setting the expectation bar of Raptor fans to an all time low where the ceiling of the Atlanta Hawks is acceptable.
    Gotta stop being so negative, all this Colangelo hate is really unnecessary. And when you get into the playoffs anything could happen. We would have had a better chance against Miami than the Bucks, we played Miami well all season. Remember this little discussion next year when we are playing better ball and making a playoff run. I just know what we have constructed compared to the rest of the NBA is capable of making the playoffs. We are a couple decent pieces away, so stop making it seem like we are so far away.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Canmanxl wrote: View Post
    You guys are putting to much thought into this guy turning stuff around. The leafs as of now are a playoff team and winning team. The raptors are on there way there to, this guy is going to come in and take all the credit for it. Just like Nonis for the leafs, that was Brian's build. Now Nonis is getting all the credit for it and Leiwke will to as soon as he takes his spot. These two guys really didn't have much to do with it.

All I am saying is Leiwke is coming in at a good time, all the toronto teams are really on there way to being turned around. He has his work cut out for him, that is all.

If you really disagree please enlighten me.
    It would appear Colangelo has achieved his goal of setting the expectation bar of Raptor fans to an all time low where the ceiling of the Atlanta Hawks is acceptable.

Leave a comment:

• Canmanxl
    replied
    You guys are putting to much thought into this guy turning stuff around. The leafs as of now are a playoff team and winning team. The raptors are on there way there to, this guy is going to come in and take all the credit for it. Just like Nonis for the leafs, that was Brian's build. Now Nonis is getting all the credit for it and Leiwke will to as soon as he takes his spot. These two guys really didn't have much to do with it.

All I am saying is Leiwke is coming in at a good time, all the toronto teams are really on there way to being turned around. He has his work cut out for him, that is all.

If you really disagree please enlighten me.

Leave a comment:

• Mediumcore
    replied
    "We’re going to put that to work for us and make sure this is a place that, when people think of New York, of L.A., they’re going to think of Toronto, too, as one of the great destinations for players." - This guy is one upping Colangelo in the salesman department

Leave a comment:

• Blacklash2k4
    replied
    Words are easily spoken, but actions are hard to pull off. We'll see if he can pull off all he has said and make Toronto and Raptors fans proud!

Leave a comment:

• phez
    replied
    a well spoken man.

Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    replied
    Do I need to feel something?

Just another day without Raptors basketball..

Leave a comment:

• Rapstor4Life
    replied
    thead wrote: View Post
    you might be incontinent
    Lol I just died.

Leave a comment:

• drunkmunky
    replied
    The Mcleans article is a total rehash of the radio interview lol

Leave a comment:

• p00ka
    replied
    "I find this whole paragraph contradictory."

I don't know what you see as contradictory in all that. What I see in all this is:

"Well, I think it’s nice to throw Phil’s name out there, but he’s newly engaged and his fiancĂ©e lives in L.A. He has grandkids now. So I think that although Phil will certainly be—and has been—someone I’ve gone to for advice and input, I don’t think people should expect he is going to be the saviour. "

Right away, he's yeah great to toss around Phil's name, but CAUTION: he's deeply rooted in LA, engaged to Jeannie Buss, whose entire life is in LA, as his life is (most of his children are rooted in LA, as well as his grandchildren. that's all an awful lot to leave behind to spend full winters so far away in Toronto). So, while I'll be seeking out Phil for advice and input, as I have before, he's not going to be a full time Raptor saviour.

"Phil Jackson knows the city well, by the way—he has a bunch of Canadians in his family, so he’s very partial to Toronto and wants the Raptors to have success. But I don’t want people to think he is going to ride in on a white horse and fix this. It’s not that easy."

That he has Canadian family, and likes the city, so he has a little personal interest in seeing the Raps succeed, but he reiterates that one should not expect that Phil is riding in on the white horse to save the day.

"but is the 2nd last sentence foreshadowing?"

The only foreshadowing I'm seeing in all this is that he expects to get some input and advice from PJ, as he has in the past, but that he expects that PJ WILL NOT be a full time employee of the Raps. I could be wrong, but in my opinion, that's what seems to be coming across rather clearly.
    Last edited by p00ka; Sat May 4, 2013, 04:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    Other than poor decisions and inept management.
    Yeah....not a good reason, IMO. I am taking a subjective view to the reasons. It is a valid reason, but a terrible one.

Leave a comment:

• thead
    replied
    Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Hes saying all the right things and by right things the word "championships" just sounds incredible, every time he says it I feel all fuzzy and warm then I gotta go change my underwear.....
    you might be incontinent

Leave a comment:

Working...
X