X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Employee wrote: View Post
    WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS POST A BLEACHER REPORT ARTICLE FOR PROVE YOUR POINT:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...history/page/2
    How did Rambis even play with those. I find it so frustrating scrimmaging with actual glasses...I don't know how he did it in the NBA.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      There is a bit of a "dorky" (for lack of a better word) stigma associated with glasses on the court. But that would apply to first impressions only. I would think that one's play is much more responsible for intimidating an opponent. Within 5 minutes of tipoff, the opponent should know if you're more Horace Grant than Steve Urkel.

At the end of the day, I think it's a non-issue....and a silly reason if Gay used it to avoid glasses.

Having said that, I've been wearing contacts since I was 13
      I consider myself a rough player, I consistently like to play in the paint, and I talk a lot of trash, but that doesn't keep opposing players from saying "Alright, I got Stoudemire!"
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
        I consider myself a rough player, I consistently like to play in the paint, and I talk a lot of trash, but that doesn't keep opposing players from saying "Alright, I got Stoudemire!"
        That's the beauty of trash-talking. You could be LeBron James, but a witty opponent can still find a way to rip you

Comment

ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
          To let everyone know, I wear goggles when I play basketball, and I tell you, it does actually ruin any type of intimidation you have, and I personally hate having to wear it. I'm going to be going with contacts very soon, goggles are not the most comfortable thing in the world.
          I wear goggles too but mines are pretty comfortable. Plus i'm mainly a shooter so they don't really bother me at all

Comment

Didn't know where else to put this:

And to think, we were so close to having 3 of the top 5 :|

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              Didn't know where else to put this:

And to think, we were so close to having 3 of the top 5 :|
              Rudy Gay just had laser eye surgery, so you can bank on him dropping to 6th on that list.

Comment

[QUOTE=Matt52;207856]
                Someone said this to me on these forums I believe about Gay being like Bargnani in the sense that, "Gay would be awesome if....." Raptor fans appear to be back in the Bargnani boat except this time with Gay. Gay would be awesome if:
                QUOTE]

don't we do this with most of our players. I've heard it time and again on these forums regarding Demar, Ross, Fields, AA and Lowry.

Comment

Working...
                X