• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Ross and Fields for Asik and Robinson.

Rockets save about $2.9M. Fields gets to play with his best bud again.
    I think they can get a much better deal for Asik. Big men are valuable and his contract is reasonable.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Ross and Fields for Asik and Robinson.

Rockets save about $2.9M. Fields gets to play with his best bud again.

Leave a comment:

• Raptorsnz
    replied
    He didn't play much in Houston because he didn't fit into their offence. They liked to play 4 shooters with Asik, and that worked when they had Morris and Paterson since they can both shoot, but Robinson can't so he got buried on the bench.

Leave a comment:

• Papa Burgundy
    replied
    We can't trade 2014 1st rounder, but maybe 2015 1st unprotected would be enough ... salary dumps aren't looking for best offer of players ... picks, or tying other bad contracts. Maybe we take Royce White ... little more salary ... who knows.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    How? The Raptors can't eat cap. The Rockets want to dump him to make a run at Dwight.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    tucas wrote: View Post
    While I'm not ready to write him off 100% you have to wonder why? Look at the rotations at PF he's played with. Jason Thompson and chuck Hayes on Sacramento and Greg smith and Montiejunas on Houston. He couldn't even crack the rotation on either team playing with sub par PFs.
    Very well put. And now Houston is willing to trade him primarily as a salary dump. Traded twice before his second year...both times by teams that were stocking young talent. You'd think if he showed signs of being something special, that wouldn't be the case.

Leave a comment:

• thead
    replied
    tucas wrote: View Post
    While I'm not ready to write him off 100% you have to wonder why? Look at the rotations at PF he's played with. Jason Thompson and chuck Hayes on Sacramento and Greg smith and Montiejunas on Houston. He couldn't even crack the rotation on either team playing with sub par PFs.
    A good point. If it was just Sac I would write that off since they are morons when it comes to rookies and development. I do wonder why he didn't get more burn in Houston

Leave a comment:

• blackjitsu
    replied
    thead wrote: View Post
    That's what bugs me. They say they want the best available deal yet its a salary dump.
    Well only a fool would give them a first round pick for next year. If it's not stashed international players I don't know what they expect to get.

Leave a comment:

• tucas
    replied
    NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    You can't write him off that quick. The dude barely played this season

Leave a comment:

• thead
    replied
    I think it depends on the direction. If we are blowing up a portion of the roster for young guys and picks, you could do a lot worse than a duo of JV and T-ROB

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    If we're going to go shopping with our 2014 pick, it better be for a better player than Robinson.
    You can't write him off that quick. The dude barely played this season

Leave a comment:

• thead
    replied
    blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    Could it be done for JL3 and that Euro pic from last year?
    That's what bugs me. They say they want the best available deal yet its a salary dump.

Leave a comment:

• Dino4life
    replied
    isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a78hfpd

How about this one?

Houston receives: Andrea Bargnani
    Toronto receives: Omer Asik, Thomas Robinson

Houston sheds almost all of Robinson's salary, and make room for Dwight by moving Asik.

As for the Raps, there's ample opportunity for T.Rob to prove himself, with a fringe starter at PF in Amir. JV could also play alongside Asik at some points.
    Bargnani makes more than ASIK and is worth less on the trade block.

Leave a comment:

• Dino4life
    replied
    I had posted about the houston bigs a few days ago, the only way is a 3 team trade or a 2015/2016 picks.

For those of you proposing the 2014 pick, you must be out of your mind. between all the overhyped players, the ones that returned for an extra year, those that will break out next year, and the overseas secrets, next year the whole first round is gonna be crazy. Even if we make the playoffs T-Rob is not worth the 1st round when we have Amir already.

Leave a comment:

• isaacthompson
    replied
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a78hfpd

How about this one?

Houston receives: Andrea Bargnani
    Toronto receives: Omer Asik, Thomas Robinson

Houston sheds almost all of Robinson's salary, and make room for Dwight by moving Asik.

As for the Raps, there's ample opportunity for T.Rob to prove himself, with a fringe starter at PF in Amir. JV could also play alongside Asik at some points.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X