Thomas Robinson anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fully wrote: View Post
    I would trade Ross for Robinson but I don't think that saves Houston enough money.
    That would save them about 2 mil
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
      I like what Robinson did in college, but i dunno. He kind of reminds me of Tyrus Thomas.
      How? Tyrus Thomas is a lazy piece of shit. Robinson works his butt off and he's wayy bigger and stronger

Comment

Robinson could end up back in Sacramento. If the Rockets are giving Asik away to a team with cap space then Cleveland would be the perfect place.

Comment

I don't get it, do you guys just want T-Rob because he's available ?

Serious question, how does he help the Raptors be better now, since that's the goal, hell how does he help the raptors get better in the next 2 years before everyone's contracts get off the books ?

To me we need -3point shooting
          - Playmaking
          - Post offense further developed than JV
          - Post Defense that will keep Aaron gray on the bench for the whole season.

Grabbing players just for the sake of grabbing them is how we went from logjam in the frontcourt needing help on the wings, to logjam at the wings needing help on the frontcourt in Less than 1 year; and its also how Colangelo lost his job.

I just dont see how giving up ross or a 1st rounder for T-Rob helps the raptors either in the short-term or the long term. Unless he's WAY better than amir by the start of next season he's not worth anymore than a 2nd rounder or Alan Anderson or both to THIS team.

After 7 years its time we get some vision.

Comment

I'd rather upgrade the starting PF spot and move Amir into the backup PF / 3rd big role, which basically eliminates the need for Robinson. Unless he could somehow be acquired to replace Acy as the 3rd PF (and could share time on the 2nd unit with Amir playing backup C), I don't think this makes much sense.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
              I would trade Ross for Robinson but I don't think that saves Houston enough money.
              If Ross goes to a third team with cap space or exception then it saves Houston all the space.

Comment

No way i trade our 1st round pick in 2014 for Robinson.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

T-Rob can be better than Amir Johnson given ample opportunities and I have full faith in him that given the right team and play time, he can develop into a veteran Elton Brand with a 15ppg 10rpg type of production. I mean, it took Ed Davis 3 years to shine in Raptors uniform, same with T-Rob, given time, T-Rob will be top 10 PF in this league. I say

Bargs + Kleiza for T-Rob, Asik, 2013 pick (13-14th)

We flip the 13th and 14th pick for Michael Carter Williams or Dennis Schroder at backup PG or Giannis Adekoutombo or Tony Snell at backup SF or go after a backup C in Dieng.

The Rockets might waive or amnesty Kleiza and with cap room to sign Dwight Howard in the summer.

Sounds good to me.

Lowry/MC Williams or Schroeder/PG
                  DeRozan/Ross/Anderson?
                  Gay/Fields/G-Tombo or Snell
                  Amir/T-Rob/Acy
                  Val/Asik/Gray

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                    T-Rob can be better than Amir Johnson given ample opportunities and I have full faith in him that given the right team and play time, he can develop into a veteran Elton Brand with a 15ppg 10rpg type of production. I mean, it took Ed Davis 3 years to shine in Raptors uniform, same with T-Rob, given time, T-Rob will be top 10 PF in this league. I say

Bargs + Kleiza for T-Rob, Asik, 2013 pick (13-14th)

We flip the 13th and 14th pick for Michael Carter Williams or Dennis Schroder at backup PG or Giannis Adekoutombo or Tony Snell at backup SF or go after a backup C in Dieng.

The Rockets might waive or amnesty Kleiza and with cap room to sign Dwight Howard in the summer.

Sounds good to me.

Lowry/MC Williams or Schroeder/PG
                    DeRozan/Ross/Anderson?
                    Gay/Fields/G-Tombo or Snell
                    Amir/T-Rob/Acy
                    Val/Asik/Gray
                    There are soo many things wrong with this post!

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                      I'd rather upgrade the starting PF spot and move Amir into the backup PF / 3rd big role, which basically eliminates the need for Robinson. Unless he could somehow be acquired to replace Acy as the 3rd PF (and could share time on the 2nd unit with Amir playing backup C), I don't think this makes much sense.
                      Yea, but that's easier said than done.

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
                        There are soo many things wrong with this post!
                        But that's what we love about TFTW

Comment

Working...
                        X