Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ujiri is trying to get in the draft, who you want?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tim

Just strikes me of Mo Pete. Perfect bench guy to add and develop and he has the pedigree working for him as well seeing as his Daddy was a Star.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
      In all seriousness though...if his lateral quicks are off, is he smart enough to turn his man toward the help? Does he know who to send baseline and who to send into the paint. Do his other skills warrant covering off on such a skill. Are the quicks terrible or just not great? What else does he bring to the table? I wouldn't write off a player for one flaw, if he can make up for it in other areas
      Seriously. Jorge Garbajosa also lacked lateral quicks. Savviness and a competitive edge go a LONG way if you're even an average athlete.

Comment

How do you guys feel about getting Reggie Bullock? He should be available around 20-30 so we won't have to give up too much to get him. I think he brings just what the raps need with 3pt shooting, defence and intangibles. Could work great as a complimentary player to demar or rudy. A little similar to T-ross but lets be honest, you cant ever have to much t-ross.

Comment

Schroeder Only worked out for 3 teams and then went back to Germany stressing no real interest in other places? the list was:

Boston (worked out twice for them hes a huge Rondo fan and Boston wants him badly)
          Dallas
          Atlanta

Comment

To this point it seems like all the 'news' and rumours that have come out about the draft have been about how teams are not excited about this draft and many teams are seriously considering trading out of it.

So what does Ujiri do? He makes it know that he is interested and is open for business. In theory this draft should be easier to acquire picks than most.
            http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

BouncingBallz wrote: View Post
              How do you guys feel about getting Reggie Bullock? He should be available around 20-30 so we won't have to give up too much to get him. I think he brings just what the raps need with 3pt shooting, defence and intangibles. Could work great as a complimentary player to demar or rudy. A little similar to T-ross but lets be honest, you cant ever have to much t-ross.
              Like him. Nothing like T Ross. They both have nice shots but Bullock's is more developed. He's not the dunker Ross is. He's a perimeter guy. However, he can guard both wing spots. Would be a nice replacement to AA, LF, and Kleiza as a 4th wing.

Comment

Who i want in this draft? Ben Mclemore. No way we get him though. And i'm not trading Gay for him. DeRozan yes. Gay no.

Mid 1st round - Dario Saric/MCW/Adetokounbo
                20-25 - Adetokounbo/Larkin/Hardaway Jr.
                2nd round - Kabongo/Rice Jr.

I'm not that high on Schroeder. I rather have MCW or Larkin.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                  Who i want in this draft? Ben Mclemore. No way we get him though. And i'm not trading Gay for him. DeRozan yes. Gay no.

Mid 1st round - Dario Saric/MCW/Adetokounbo
                  20-25 - Adetokounbo/Larkin/Hardaway Jr.
                  2nd round - Kabongo/Rice Jr.

I'm not that high on Schroeder. I rather have MCW or Larkin.
                  Mclemore over DD? And when do you plan on the Raptors to become a winning team? Furthermore, you want to replace a long 2 with a small 2? At least if you move Gay DD can play the 3. You shrink the back court for little gain with this move. To be honest I don't see the value in the move. There's a reason why in a year where the best prospect is skinny and frail he couldn't move past him and be the number one prospect in most analysts eyes. And in a league where a stud player can drag a team through March he fizzled. High ceiling? Sure, good enough to give away the only starter who played every game, and a team's top scorer...not even close. Don't forget that move would force them to trade Ross because there is no way you can retain him if you put a rookie ahead of him in play time.

Comment

what about seth curry

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=6cGeWXvcNdc#!

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                        Schroeder Only worked out for 3 teams and then went back to Germany stressing no real interest in other places? the list was:

Boston (worked out twice for them hes a huge Rondo fan and Boston wants him badly)
                        Dallas
                        Atlanta
                        Schroeder has worked out for Houston (which doesn't have a first-round pick, at least for now) and Milwaukee (pick No. 15), and has scheduled workouts with Boston (pick No. 16), Dallas (13) and Utah (14).

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/inde..._2013_den.html
                        He has 13-16 covered and Houston.

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                          Mclemore over DD? And when do you plan on the Raptors to become a winning team? Furthermore, you want to replace a long 2 with a small 2? At least if you move Gay DD can play the 3. You shrink the back court for little gain with this move. To be honest I don't see the value in the move. There's a reason why in a year where the best prospect is skinny and frail he couldn't move past him and be the number one prospect in most analysts eyes. And in a league where a stud player can drag a team through March he fizzled. High ceiling? Sure, good enough to give away the only starter who played every game, and a team's top scorer...not even close. Don't forget that move would force them to trade Ross because there is no way you can retain him if you put a rookie ahead of him in play time.
                          I'd rather have Mclemore at the 2 than Demar at the 3

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                            I'd rather have Mclemore at the 2 than Demar at the 3
                            Based on skill set and potential, I agree.

However DeRozan still has 4 years under his belt and at the very least we know he is an NBA player. Can't say that about McLemore at this time.

Comment

Would anyone be surprised if DeRozan stayed as the starting 3 and Ujiri moved Gay and his huge salary for a high pick? DeMar is 23 and doing relatively the same things as Gay.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                Based on skill set and potential, I agree.

However DeRozan still has 4 years under his belt and at the very least we know he is an NBA player. Can't say that about McLemore at this time.
                                Not only that, but I don't think Demar would be capable of guarding the other teams best wing player every game. He's always had the luxury of letting the SF do that job

Comment

Working...
                                X