No announcement yet.

Possible Target for backup PG: Buycks & Stone signed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwight Buycks and Julyan Stone are going to back up an injury prone Lowry?

Looks like it's official - we're not tanking!

Comment

• Very impressive in France! (MVP)

18.2 pts /3.2 reb. /2.9 ass. /1.4 steals/ 49% FG / 38% 3PT / 32 MPG

Proves he can maintain his FG% with more attempts and minutes!
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• love the signing
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
          This sentence is one of those "if you said it and meant it maybe you should reconsider the nature of objective truth" sentences, because AJ Price should never be at the top of any kind of list.

Seriously, the Buycks signing is eh, but for a backup PG I'd rather another project with promise. Better someone cheap who has a chance to be quite good than someone moderately expensive who will be just sort of bad.
          Who's on the top of your list before this signing of Buycks, who clearly benefitted from his Summer League performance and thus totally impossible to predict?

You post a lot. You always sound like a dick.

What about Price is bad? He did a solid job last year in actual NBA games. Yes he had a low FG %, but he shot the 3 well enough, ran the offense well, played decent D, and had very low turnovers.

Also we already have signed a project in Stone. So I thought maybe the team would want some sort of security for if/when Lowry struggles with injuries. It's nice to have someone with at least some NBA experience.

I don't mind another project at all, but there was never any way I could have objectively chosen someone like Buycks. That would have required information on a very unknown player. And that is usually the case with these type of young project signings, just as it was with Stone. So Price was my 1A, and Udrih my 1B, from a list of pretty unspectacular PG free agents.

So again. You constantly come off as a dick. Someone needs to smack you upside the head.

Comment

• I am a big fan of the signing,

this is from the other thread->
            Buycks:

24 yearsold 6'-3''

2010-2011 In Marquette as a Senior:
            46% FG - 41% 3PT - 3 RPG - 3.3 APG - 8.83 PPG - 1 SPG - 28 MPG

D-League 2011-2012
            50% FG - 35% 3PT - 2.71 RPG - 2.64 APG - 15.14 PPG - 1.25 SPG - 26.8MPG

France 2012-2013 (MVP)

4 Summer league Games with MIA 2013-2014
            46%FG - 67% 3PT - 2.5 RPG - 6.00 APG - 9.5 PPG - 2 SPG - 21 MPG

Conclusion:
            high FG%! Can shoot the 3! VERY efficient scorer, especially in D-League where in about 27 Minutes, he scored 15 points on 50% FG! Doesnt usually play Point guard, but in Summer league he did and he averaged 6 APG in 21 MPG. He is a tall point guard, he can gather steals, he is young, he is efficient.

Highlights:

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
              You can't tank with capable back ups
              This isn't a tank move, it's a build move. Get a talented young player with upside for scraps, see if he pans out. Most likely one of Stone or Buycks pan out to be capable backup PGs, and then you have an asset. Better that than signing some "veteran" PG for a couple million whose sterling quality is "won't fuck up too often."

Comment

• more and more it smells like a tank is coming.

Comment

• exactly. Ujiri is adding potential assets instead of signing players with no real upside to do what? win 30 games?

edit: re: magoon's post
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                    I am a big fan of the signing,

this is from the other thread->
                    Buycks:

24 yearsold 6'-3''

2010-2011 In Marquette as a Senior:
                    46% FG - 41% 3PT - 3 RPG - 3.3 APG - 8.83 PPG - 1 SPG - 28 MPG

D-League 2011-2012
                    50% FG - 35% 3PT - 2.71 RPG - 2.64 APG - 15.14 PPG - 1.25 SPG - 26.8MPG

France 2012-2013 (MVP)

4 Summer league Games with MIA 2013-2014
                    46%FG - 67% 3PT - 2.5 RPG - 6.00 APG - 9.5 PPG - 2 SPG - 21 MPG

Conclusion:
                    high FG%! Can shoot the 3! VERY efficient scorer, especially in D-League where in about 27 Minutes, he scored 15 points on 50% FG! Doesnt usually play Point guard, but in Summer league he did and he averaged 6 APG in 21 MPG. He is a tall point guard, he can gather steals, he is young, he is efficient.

Highlights:
                    Basically all those stats show is that against lesser talent he has average stats. I don't get this signing. We don't need 2 3rd string point guards.

Comment

• Some of these out-of-the-box moves will speak to Ujiri's scouting and analytics chops....considering our cap hell.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                        This isn't a tank move, it's a build move. Get a talented young player with upside for scraps, see if he pans out. Most likely one of Stone or Buycks pan out to be capable backup PGs, and then you have an asset. Better that than signing some "veteran" PG for a couple million whose sterling quality is "won't fuck up too often."
                        seems to be taking a page off of BC's book.

acquiring virtual unknowns in the hopes of turing stone into gold, i.e. jamario, ukic, garbo, AP

Comment

• my friend just pointed out that the Raptors have now 16 players on contract, 15 guaranteed (lowry's not).

Can there be a trade/amnesty thats coming?

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
                            I don't think it was the French league. I think it was the summer league version of the French league from what I've seen.
                            No, it was the French Pro A league, top league in the country. He won MVP and his team finished the regular season in 1st place.

Comment

• TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                              my friend just pointed out that the Raptors have now 16 players on contract, 15 guaranteed (lowry's not).

Can there be a trade/amnesty thats coming?
                              I was thinking the same thing. I was also wondering why an ESPN Insider article (I only saw the headline) mentioned that with the Hansborough signing, Toronto now had 14 players under contract, when I counted 15...

I assume at least one of the following will happen soon:
                              - Kleiza amnesty
                              - Camby trade/buyout
                              - Richardson trade/buyout

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
                                Basically all those stats show is that against lesser talent he has average stats. I don't get this signing. We don't need 2 3rd string point guards.
                                It shows a high FG% with lots of usage and not a lot of minutes. It also shows he can hit the 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X