Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grizzled Vets and Young Tough Guys!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Luc richard Mbaha Moute

    Comment


    • #47
      Psycho T is somehow the ACC all time leading scorer despite not knowing how to actually play the game of basketball
      @sweatpantsjer

      Comment


      • #48
        I just don't think he's talented enough to be the first big off the bench.
        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

        "I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

        "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

        Comment


        • #49
          ezz_bee wrote: View Post
          I just don't think he's talented enough to be the first big off the bench.
          Doesn't have to be. We can still go for a starting PF like Millsap, and have a bench duo of Hansbrough-Amir.
          Twitter - @thekid_it

          Comment


          • #50
            Trade for Garnett!

            Comment


            • #51
              JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
              Trade for Garnett!
              My initial reaction to this was "PLEASE GOD, NO!!"...

              But the more I think about it ... he would be a fantastic teammate to have Amir and Jonas play beside ... Wouldn't be hard to work out an Andrea-KG deal, as their salaries are pretty close.

              This is another 'Sure, why not.' sort of scenario. There's nothing bad that would come out of even having him for one year; but there's probably not much good that will come out of it either.

              Comment


              • #52
                joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                My initial reaction to this was "PLEASE GOD, NO!!"...

                But the more I think about it ... he would be a fantastic teammate to have Amir and Jonas play beside ... Wouldn't be hard to work out an Andrea-KG deal, as their salaries are pretty close.

                This is another 'Sure, why not.' sort of scenario. There's nothing bad that would come out of even having him for one year; but there's probably not much good that will come out of it either.
                If Boston is tanking Garnett for bargnani would be a fantastic start.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  If Boston is tanking Garnett for bargnani would be a fantastic start.
                  In principle, Bargs for Garnett if Boston is tanking (Bargs to anybody if they're tanking) is actually a pretty solid deal, but even if they're tanking, it would probably have to take more, no?

                  What else would you (or anyone) be willing to part with? Is one or two years of Garnett worth giving up multiple picks? Would Boston settle for Bargs and a protected 1st? Would Ujiri trade a 1st rounder for a vet on his last leg?
                  Last edited by white men can't jump; Mon Jun 24, 2013, 06:57 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    In principle, Bargs for Garnett if Boston is tanking (Bargs to anybody if they're tanking) is actually a pretty solid deal, but even if they're tanking, it would probably have to take more, no?

                    What else would you (or anyone) be willing to part with? Is one or two years of Garnett worth giving up multiple picks? Would Boston settle for Bargs and a protected 1st? Would Ujiri trade a 1st rounder for a vet on his last leg?
                    No they have basically the same contract. Garnett is mad underpaid. The Raptors would be selling a young, high scoring player for the rental of an older vet. If anything, the Raps could try to get a second round pick out of it. I would laugh, but Bargs for Garnett could be sold to both markets fairly easy.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                      No they have basically the same contract. Garnett is mad underpaid. The Raptors would be selling a young, high scoring player for the rental of an older vet. If anything, the Raps could try to get a second round pick out of it. I would laugh, but Bargs for Garnett could be sold to both markets fairly easy.
                      Right....but it's not just about that. They have to sell it to management first, and it has to beat other offers for KG. Bargnani is not that high-scoring. He's not a primary option. Even on a bad team expecting to tank, I don't think anyone would be that happy if they trade Garnett (in division no less) for a stretch 4 coming off an atrocious season where he injured his shooting arm. The Celtics would meanwhile give up when of the best PFs of all time, and a guy who's still a better player than Bargs.

                      If they're going to tank, they'll want picks. If any team in the league is willing to offer them one, that deal could easily blow a straight up Bargs trade out of the water. Maybe WAS gives them Okafor and a 1st rounder. Maybe GSW offers Jefferson. A big expiring deal and a draft pick or two might be much nicer for rebuilding, and certainly will not hurt their tanking efforts.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Garnett has a no-trade clause (in part for the "low" salary). I dont think he is waiving it to come to the Raps unless there were other incentives at the least.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          At this point it makes no sense BUT Garnett does spend some of his free time in Toronto, playing with Rudy Gay looks a lot more fun than Jeff Green... I know it's a stretch, but I wouldn't fall into hysterics if he dropped that clause to play in Toronto. As far as selling it to the front office? Beats me. Maybe Bargs is sold as a face during the Celtic rebuild. Bargs, Rondo Jeff Green, Avery Bradley and .... I know, I know it's a reach.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Are we actually talking about trading Bargs for Garnett? That's never going to happen! lol Garnett would never allow it, he'd retire before this happened.
                            You come at the King, you best not miss.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Anyone else willing to do Perkins/29/32 for Bargnani?

                              They don't come more grizzled than Perkins.

                              Rice and kabongo would be nice pick ups. Check rices dleage stats from feb 4th on plus 6 playoff games. He is the ani DeRozan: efficient scoring, rebounds, creates, plays D.

                              I would then trade DeRozan for a Pf.

                              Use mle to lock up experienced PG.

                              Fields, Ross, rice battle for starting SG.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                I love this:

                                PG: Lowry, kabongo
                                SG: Fields, Ross
                                Sf: gay, rice
                                Pf: millsap, Amir, acy
                                C: JV, Perkins, Gray

                                MLE and minimum contracts at disposal to round out PG and Wing.

                                Derozan to millsap comparison:
                                http://www.thenbageek.com/players/co..._ids%5B%5D=334

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X