X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GeeGees12
    replied
    Sig wrote: View Post
    There is NO WAY that Demar could ever be considered a better defender than Bledsoe.

That man, is on crack cocaine.
    You are correct, sir.

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    I agree it's probably easier to use the Denver model (quick paced young team) say in the first 2 years and then transition to the half court and defensive focused team required for a deep playoff run. I dont mean to imply that we should forget about defense while building the quick team.

Leave a comment:

• vino
    replied
    japetas wrote: View Post
    You're talking about Aaron Brooks? I'd rather try to get Tyereke Evans @ PG, he's younger (now 23 yr old, at the start of the season will be only 24) and he's better in most categories Still remember his 20-5-5 rookie season playing the PG
    Evans had a great rookie season but since then he hasn't shown anything extraordinary. The most important thing is that the Kings will not let him walk and he won't sign for cheap. The attractive part about Brooks isn't his skill level (ceiling); its the money he could be signed for! Houston's already pitching max money to D12, so players like Brooks and Asik could, hypothetically be signed for reasonable deals. If Uriji can snatch Brooks at a reasonable money, and flip Lowry for a pick at the same time... that would be awesome for us long term. Same goes for Gay. Look, there are several ways to build a contender - ala Heat (not happening here any time soon), ala OKC - not happening anywhere any time soon, ala Brooklyn - not happening anywhere but Brooklyn for the next few years, until Prokhorov runs out of money (where are you pooka saying the Net's team is "what you see for the next five years") or the Nuggets of 2012-2013 with cheap, young, hungry players. Yeah, maybe Denver's team wasn't a real contender last year, but they were close. I'd bet on Raps follow the last case.

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    Sig wrote: View Post
    There is NO WAY that Demar could ever be considered a better defender than Bledsoe.

that struck me as odd too. but the article was referencing how Bledsoe guarded the 2 spot. He probably didn't do well guarding centres either.

Leave a comment:

• drunkmunky
    replied
    He's delusional if he thinks he can win a championship with mello

Leave a comment:

• japetas
    replied
    vino wrote: View Post
    oh, by the way, forget Bledsoe and keep DD... amnesty Kleiza and sign Brooks without giving away anything! then trade away Lowry for a pick or two!
    You're talking about Aaron Brooks? I'd rather try to get Tyereke Evans @ PG, he's younger (now 23 yr old, at the start of the season will be only 24) and he's better in most categories Still remember his 20-5-5 rookie season playing the PG
    Last edited by japetas; Mon Jul 1, 2013, 08:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Blacklash2k4
    replied
    1. Don't really blame Camby for being disappointed. It's not that he's disappointed for being on the Raptors as much as he's disappointed that he's not gonna have a chance at a championship. I mean it is the goal of all NBA players to win at least one NBA championship. Dude is 39. This is like his last season to win a championship and there is 0% chance of us winning the championship next season, so i would be disappointed as well. Wouldn't be surprised to see him announce a retirement or beg to be traded to a championship contender before the trade deadline.

2. K-Mart is a thug player who gets into a ton of off-the-court issues. Do you really think his opinion really reflect how every player feels about Toronto? Obviously not!

3. If we are tanking and we do trade Rudy Gay, I don't really see what we can get from Detroit player-wise. We probably have to ask a third team to join in. Also, if we are to trade Gay to Detroit, I would demand a 2014 first round pick to go along with it, but I'm not 100% sure they would want to give that up.

4. DD is not a better defender than Bledsoe. It's BleacherReport. Take it with a massive grain of salt. Unless, DD can prove that next season (which I HIGHLY doubt), this is a bunch of crap...

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    vino wrote: View Post
    oh, by the way, forget Bledsoe and keep DD... amnesty Kleiza and sign Brooks without giving away anything! then trade away Lowry for a pick or two!
    If you were beside me, i'd slap you

Leave a comment:

• vino
    replied

Leave a comment:

• vino
    replied
    magoon wrote: View Post
    ...net us probably at least one quality young replacement player and a first-round pick or two.
    that's more than we gave to get him! sign me up!

Leave a comment:

• magoon
    replied
    It's Bleacher Report, treat it like the absolute nothing it is.

With respect to a Rudy move: there will be suitors for him if we move him because there already are suitors for him. We already knew that Golden State would be interested, but Detroit's looking for a quality starting SF and other teams will be too. Masai knows how to pull off three- or four-team trades, and Rudy going in one of those would net us probably at least one quality young replacement player and a first-round pick or two.

Leave a comment:

• Sig
    replied

Leave a comment:

• vino
    started a topic Latest Raps around the league

Latest Raps around the league

1. Some bad news: people don't like coming here... so this is important per TL - go change that!

Camby, however, did not sound enthused about potentially heading back to Toronto. "It's unfortunate that I wasn't given a meaningful opportunity to contribute last season in New York. I was really looking forward to the upcoming year as a chance to show the organization what they missed out on last year, and pushing our team towards the Finals," he said in a statement through his agent. "I have nothing but positive things to say about the city of Toronto and its great fans, having been drafted by the Raptors 17 years ago. Given that my goal at this point in my career is to have a shot at a championship, however, I'll have to evaluate my options going forward. I've enjoyed a great career and under the right circumstances I hope to continue making an impact in the league."

Kenyon Martin is not going to sign off on being signed-and-traded to Toronto, sources say. Camby's agent, Rick Kaplan, is on the record as saying, "It's going to happen".

source: hoopshype dot com

Some intriguing rumors:
    Vincent Ellis: If #Raptors blow it up and move Gay, expect #Pistons to get in line
    Wow, sign me up to see this line!

Some pleasant surprise:
    Some see DD as a "superior defender" -wow!
    "Not only is DeRozan a better offensive fit than Bledsoe, the Raptor is a superior defender. "

source:
    bleacherreport dot com/articles/1689656-nba-trade-rumors-clippers-should-swap-eric-bledsoe-for-demar-derozan
Working...
X