Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free Agency 2013

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Or trade him as well.
    Well, yeah, but I say that every time and I wanted to, you know, spice it up a little.

    Comment


    • enlightenment wrote: View Post
      Rudy Gay for Greg Monroe + Rodney Stuckey + 2014 2nd round pick?

      Raptors:
      Lowry/Stuckey/Stone
      Derozan/Ross
      Fields/Acy/Novak
      Monroe/Amir
      Val/Gray

      lose 5 Million off cap and for a year shorter (21Mil altogether), while filling our holes and taking a draft pick. Albeit we created a hole at SF, but signing Carlos Delfino for the MLE would settle the hole neatly for a while.

      Pistons:
      Knight/Siva
      Singler/KCP
      Gay/Villaneuva
      Smith/Jerebko
      Drummond/Kravtsov

      Release a bad contract (Stuckey), and trade for a quasi-Star player that would fit much better next to Smith. Gay - Smith - Drummond will tear opposing front courts UP.
      Including are front court. Need wing players to win in this league. Rudy is the Better talent and player. Impacts the game more. I would also not like to put a poor defender next to another(JV). We saw how that work with AB.
      @Chr1st1anL

      Comment


      • Shantz wrote: View Post
        According to Woj, Josh Smith just signed with the Pistons:

        https://twitter.com/wojyahoonba/stat...89024310571009

        My guess is this means the Pistons wouldn't give up positive assets for Gay.

        It also means that the top wings (Iggy and Smith) are now off the market. Should open up the offers for Gay if Ujiri is considering moving him.
        Fuck. How are we supposed to make the play-offs now?

        Comment


        • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Including are front court. Need wing players to win in this league. Rudy is the Better talent and player. Impacts the game more. I would also not like to put a poor defender next to another(JV). We saw how that work with AB.
          Is he a poor defender?

          Pistons finished year at 105.6 DefRtg.
          Season opener to January 31st (Calderon trade) they were 103.6 (basically middle of the league).

          Monroe finished the year 105 DefRtg.
          Season opener to January 31st (Calderon trade) he was 102.7.
          (All above stats from stats.nba.com)


          Looking at his career, (stats from Basketball-Reference.com):

          he has improved his defensive win share every year in the league (1.9, 2.7, 3.2). Not sure what it would have looked like prior to Calderon trade.



          **BTW not taking any shots at Calderon here. Just know that the Pistons defense really collapsed after that trade**

          Comment


          • Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Is he a poor defender?

            Pistons finished year at 105.6 DefRtg.
            Season opener to January 31st (Calderon trade) they were 103.6 (basically middle of the league).

            Monroe finished the year 105 DefRtg.
            Season opener to January 31st (Calderon trade) he was 102.7.
            (All above stats from stats.nba.com)


            Looking at his career, (stats from Basketball-Reference.com):

            he has improved his defensive win share every year in the league (1.9, 2.7, 3.2). Not sure what it would have looked like prior to Calderon trade.



            **BTW not taking any shots at Calderon here. Just know that the Pistons defense really collapsed after that trade**
            lol, not taking shots at Jose???? Entire post is implying Jose had big effect on team defense. Ummmm, ya think the void left by the departure of Tayshaun, their best defender, who Memphis wanted for defense (not his offense), may have something to do with Detroit's defensive drop?

            Comment


            • All this talk about trading for Monroe when we should be going after redemption - is this our second chance to pick up Drummond ?

              Comment


              • They're not trading Drummond

                Comment


                • Sam17 wrote: View Post
                  They're not trading Drummond
                  Why retain a project like Drummond and sell their best player Monroe if they want to win now?

                  Comment


                  • draftedraptor wrote: View Post
                    Why retain a project like Drummond and sell their best player Monroe if they want to win now?
                    Because Drummond has a higher ceiling and plays C. Where as Monroe is more of a PF, which happens to be the same position J Smoove plays. Unless you think J Smoove can play SF which he can't, because he's a terrrible outside shooter

                    Comment


                    • I would love Monroe on this team. Monroe - Val - and Amir off the bench and you have locked down an Elite 3 Big man rotation.

                      Now about moving Derozan to the three, I can't see that working. His efficiency mark is the post against smaller 2s, and he loses that advantage as a 3. Plus I cant see him defending the bigger bodies in the NBA.
                      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

                      Comment


                      • higher ceiling cant win you playoffs. It does give you an advantage in a trade.

                        JSmoove is almost an elite defender in the perimeter/post for an undersized PF. Add a veteran big man like Camby and a versatile wingman like Rudy and you have options.

                        Comment


                        • Apollo wrote: View Post
                          So Aminu signed a one year extension and next summer he will be a UFA. Don't lose hope yet Matt.
                          The greatest thing about this is New Orleans declined his 3.7 million dollar option.....Then they signed him 1 year for 3.7 million deal. #basketballreasons

                          Comment


                          • Two fairly important signings this afternoon: Carl Landry to Sacramento (who overpaid but not too strongly) and Jarrett Jack to Cleveland, and the Jack signing is pretty much where I say "yeah, Cleveland's making playoffs" and officially bet my monies on Toronto not making playoffs this year, because Jarrett Jack is a GREAT sign for Cleveland - he's the #1 bench option at both PG and SG for them.

                            Comment


                            • magoon wrote: View Post
                              Two fairly important signings this afternoon: Carl Landry to Sacramento (who overpaid but not too strongly) and Jarrett Jack to Cleveland, and the Jack signing is pretty much where I say "yeah, Cleveland's making playoffs" and officially bet my monies on Toronto not making playoffs this year, because Jarrett Jack is a GREAT sign for Cleveland - he's the #1 bench option at both PG and SG for them.
                              Celtics, Atlanta and Milwaukee drops out, Detroit Toronto and Cleveland make it? I see that as possible. The only other team is Washington. As long as TO can beat out 1 of those 4 they should make it.
                              Last edited by tucas; Sat Jul 6th, 2013, 05:53 PM.

                              Comment


                              • I'm also not sold on Detroit. They'll have probably the worst spacing in the league with close to no shooters.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X