Free Agency 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• p00ka wrote: View Post
    lol, not taking shots at Jose???? Entire post is implying Jose had big effect on team defense. Ummmm, ya think the void left by the departure of Tayshaun, their best defender, who Memphis wanted for defense (not his offense), may have something to do with Detroit's defensive drop?
    No the entire post is implying the Pistons were a better defensive team ans monroe was a better individual defender - very much noticeably in fact - prior to the trade.

This is a Raptor forum so calling it the Calderon trade (or even the Gay trade) made a lot more sense.

But feel free to interpret as you wish.

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
      Celtics, Atlanta and Milwaukee drops out, Detroit Toronto and Cleveland make it? I see that as possible. The only other team is Washington. Asking as TO can beat out of those 4 they should make it.
      You never know what happens with chemistry or injuries but right now I put Cleveland and Washington in playoffs ahead of Toronto. Leaving raptors to fight with bobcats and pistons for 8th.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
        You never know what happens with chemistry or injuries but right now I put Cleveland and Washington in playoffs ahead of Toronto. Leaving raptors to fight with bobcats and pistons for 8th.
        Don't forget the Bucks.. they are borderline 8th seed right now.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
          I would love Monroe on this team. Monroe - Val - and Amir off the bench and you have locked down an Elite 3 Big man rotation.

Now about moving Derozan to the three, I can't see that working. His efficiency mark is the post against smaller 2s, and he loses that advantage as a 3. Plus I cant see him defending the bigger bodies in the NBA.
          If the goal is to make the playoffs, I would rather trade DD before Gay. So if Detroit is willing I'd trade DD+filler for Monroe+bad contract. Our fillers are crap but let's say DD+Novak for Monroe+CV.

Comment

Why would people put Cleveland ahead of us? Thier super young. Really inexperienced. Overall I think we have a better roster.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Celtics, Atlanta and Milwaukee drops out, Detroit Toronto and Cleveland make it? I see that as possible. The only other team is Washington. As long as TO can beat out 1 of those 4 they should make it.
              I don't think Atlanta drops out of playoffs. They resigned Kyle Korver, and the Millsap signing was probably the biggest steal of the offseason so far. All they really need to do is resign Jeff Teague and they're fine.

So that's Miami, Chicago, Brooklyn, Indiana, New York and Atlanta taking 1-6 (in some order, not necessarily that). That leaves two slots for Detroit, Cleveland, Washington, and anybody else fighting for them (which probably includes Milwaukee and even Charlotte). I really don't think we have a shot.

Comment

• Good lord.

What is Dallas doing with the stash of PGs?

Masai! Masai! Go get Calathes rights already!

Comment

I'm also not sold on Detroit. They'll have probably the worst spacing in the league with close to no shooters.
                  but boy o boy if they dont lead the league in rebounding lol

Comment

• I think we should think about the Monroe/Rudy Pistons trade consider if we get Monroe, a budding allstar PF in the making, him, DeRozan, Valanciunas would do us wonder. I propose

Lowry + Gay for Monroe + Knight + Stuckey with a third team taking Kleiza or Charlie V's contract. We go with

Knight/Stuckey/Stone
                    DeRozan/Ross
                    Fields/Novak/
                    Monroe/Amir/Acy
                    Val/Gray

Comment

• I'd really like to know what Dallas is doing.

They have signed Calderon, Harris, Mekel while drafting Larkin and they still have Calathes rights.

Comment

I'd really like to know what Dallas is doing.

They have signed Calderon, Harris, Mekel while drafting Larkin and they still have Calathes rights.
                        It's almost like when David Kahn would only draft PG's, even if it meant drafting 2 in consecutive picks.

Comment

• Pistons sign Josh Smith

Comment

• I'm wondering what's going on with Chauncey Billups?

Clips have CP, and now signed Darren Collison. Have Redick and Crawford at the SG. Is it time for Billups to be a 3rd stringer?

I would love for Billups to come play back up and mentor to Kyle Lowry, and you know, also to other young players on the mentor aspect. Does he have it left in him? I don't know. But if people with better knowledge think he does, I'd be all for him being a big time under the radar signing of a quality vet who could still play a fairly signficant role. At this point in his career, he's certainly not seeking a huge offer. He's also already won a ring, so while I'm 100% sure he'd prefer to play for a contender, the key word in their is "play", not "contender". He doesn't need to ring chase as a never-used bench player. If he's going to sign a contract it'll be to play.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              I'm wondering what's going on with Chauncey Billups?

Clips have CP, and now signed Darren Collison. Have Redick and Crawford at the SG. Is it time for Billups to be a 3rd stringer?

I would love for Billups to come play back up and mentor to Kyle Lowry, and you know, also to other young players on the mentor aspect. Does he have it left in him? I don't know. But if people with better knowledge think he does, I'd be all for him being a big time under the radar signing of a quality vet who could still play a fairly signficant role. At this point in his career, he's certainly not seeking a huge offer. He's also already won a ring, so while I'm 100% sure he'd prefer to play for a contender, the key word in their is "play", not "contender". He doesn't need to ring chase as a never-used bench player. If he's going to sign a contract it'll be to play.
                              I remember Billups saying he wanted to play for Miami next season. He'd still get minutes and would likely be on the winning team. I expect that to happen.

Comment

I remember Billups saying he wanted to play for Miami next season. He'd still get minutes and would likely be on the winning team. I expect that to happen.
                                damn

I feel like I haven't seen a single word about him, but I also feel like at the end of the season his preference was to stay with the Clippers. I have not noticed a single blip about him at all since...of course there's tons of chaos at this time.

Comment

Working...
                                X