Free Agency 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceez wrote: View Post
    Well he was claimed off waivers when he was amnesty'd by new york meaning he had good value and then resigned by the clips, despite having Chris Paul there.

If we had a rookie or young PG in here I'd sign him for 3/4 milli for a couple years, sure. I'm not sure how much effect he'd actually have on Lowry though.
    We do have a young PG JuJu. He would get a long just fine with Lowry. His like a mentor to Lowry. Ppl for get about that dinner they had a couple monthes back? Billups told he to take advantage of these opportunity he had with the raptors.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
      Pg's like Billups are gonna command a decent dollar. I could really see Detroit make a run at him.

I agree a pg who's a stabilizing force is a great thing, though. It's part of the reason Inw
      Likely due to Paul and a lack of depth at SG for the Clippers, but Chauncey has been playing a lot of SG of late.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        Yeah....Detroit adding Smith still doesn't make them that good a team. That's kind of my point. Toronto has at least one solid player slotted at every position. Detroit has two guys who play the same position in Monroe and Drummond, and just signed a PF which makes it even harder to use Monroe and Drummond at the same time. They have holes everywhere else.
        I agree that adding Smith was a bad move, but it's a bad move because Monroe and SMITH clash, not Monroe and Drummond.Monroe is a more natural PF who can play center, Drummond is better suited at center but can play PF if need be. Smith, on the other hand, is a natural power forward who wants to be a bad small forward, and Detroit playing him at small forward is a bad, bad idea because of his total lack of a jump shot. Mind you, it's a sickeningly effective defensive frontcourt.

As for Detroit's holes, they most likely start Knight as PG and Kentavious at SG, both of which are not entirely optimal (particularly starting a rookie at SG) but not bad. Detroit's problem is that they need an SF who can be a perimeter threat and then they'll be quite dangerous.

Comment

• Monroe is a C. He is not a PF. He does not play like one. And he doesn't have the range, or the speed to be one offensively even. And he's too slow footed to be one full-time defensively. He has a lot of work to do to if that's what he's supposed to be.

Comment

Monroe is a C. He is not a PF. He does not play like one. And he doesn't have the range, or the speed to be one offensively even. And he's too slow footed to be one full-time defensively. He has a lot of work to do to if that's what he's supposed to be.
            He can play 4
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• What's the impression you all are getting from Ujiri? Is he getting ready for a soft tank or are you still under the impression he wants to take a stab at the playoffs? I personally think he is getting ready to start trading players for picks and young prospects. You?

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                What's the impression you all are getting from Ujiri? Is he getting ready for a soft tank or are you still under the impression he wants to take a stab at the playoffs? I personally think he is getting ready to start trading players for picks and young prospects. You?
                I think before the season starts Rudy Gay is gone. Possibly one of Demar or Lowry as well. This assumes we can get reasonable value for them, of course.

Leiweke was quite clear that he doesn't think this team is a contender. I don't think he would've hired Ujiri if Ujiri believed staying the course was an option.

Comment

• I think you think too much.

Comment

• Houston is one player short of a "big 3". Wonder if they might be interested Gay for Asik, picks etc.

Comment

Houston is one player short of a "big 3". Wonder if they might be interested Gay for Asik, picks etc.
                      Any deal for Gay starts with 2 players IMO: Chandler Parsons (totally expendable if they get Gay) and Terrence Jones. That isn't a lot of salary, but Asik is probably not a great fit long-term next to JV (or behind him). Lin is a pretty average PG. Maybe in a multi-team deal.

Comment

• I really feel like his just tweaking this rosters. Filling up the gaps. Giving this roster a shot.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Any deal for Gay starts with 2 players IMO: Chandler Parsons (totally expendable if they get Gay) and Terrence Jones. That isn't a lot of salary, but Asik is probably not a great fit long-term next to JV (or behind him). Lin is a pretty average PG. Maybe in a multi-team deal.
                          Find a team that's trying to contend and wants a quality center: they're the third team. The Lakers, the Pelicans, and the Blazers are probably your best bets.

Comment

Yeah I'm still high on TJ as well. But I think Ujiri is hunting for picks for any trade that involves Gay.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                              Yeah I'm still high on TJ as well. But I think Ujiri is hunting for picks for any trade that involves Gay.
                              don't know if you remember but i was all over Tjones last year and if he were a possibility in toronto that would be aweome. i wanted any piece of that kentucky team we could get.

that is a good trade whitemen. how do they match up with lin as well? we take lin off thier hands and are gifted 2 young players.

i also don't think ujiri is looking only for picks. i think he is collecting as many young assets as possible and 2 players of those 3 are young and lin isn't old.

i find it funny that after lebron and durants contracts the next most valuable commodity in the nba is a rookie scale deal. haha

Comment

What's the impression you all are getting from Ujiri? Is he getting ready for a soft tank or are you still under the impression he wants to take a stab at the playoffs? I personally think he is getting ready to start trading players for picks and young prospects. You?
                                tankapalooza baby!

i'm all for stacking young talent. if they are any good they will come through and earn those minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X