starting five

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
    I don't see it happening, but if I was coaching and my goal was to make the playoffs I'd definitely experiment with this line up as starters

Lowry
    Fields
    Gay
    Amir
    JV

The idea that Fields does a lot of little things better than derozan (cutting off the ball, setting screens, +defender), and you add more scoring to your bench. I still think Demar gets 30+ minutes a game. Basically, you go with primarily a 3 man rotation on the 2 and 3 spots, with Fields playing the 3 when he and Demar are on together. The downside is that it becomes difficult to get minutes to develop Ross.

Like I said, I don't see it happening, but I sure would like casey to try it.
    Thats a good to not make the playoffs until Fields starts hitting shots he is poison on this team. That line up is going to put so much pressure on Gay...

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
      Thats a good to not make the playoffs until Fields starts hitting shots he is poison on this team. That line up is going to put so much pressure on Gay...
      If Field's shot is as broken as it was last year, then you're probably right, I also think you might be undervaluing some the skills fields has. Particularly moving without the ball, cutting, and passing. Sure it's more pressure on gay offensively, but it's WAY less pressure for the bench. Demar and Gay will still get plenty of time together.
      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Depending on how much Ross's game improves and if he has the ability to shoot a +.350 3 pt%. I would totally start him in lieu of DeMar. DeMar has the ability to come in for either Ross or Gay and can play +30mins in that role. Here's my rotation, based on Ross's improvement.

JV/Amir/Gray
        Amir/Psycho T/Novak
        Gay/DeMar/Fields
        Ross/DeMar/Fields
        Lowry/????

-DeMar subs for Ross or Gay, Fields gets the remaining minutes at the 2 and 3.
        -Psycho T (+30) subs Amir and JV with Novak and Gray covering the remaining Minutes at the 4 and 5
        -PG???? I'm not totally sold on Buycks, maybe he will surprise me. If not hopeully we get a solid floor general to play the remaining 12mins behind Lowry

I think this line up would bring some balance.

Comment

Ross is not better than DeMar, in fact he's not even a good player. Why do people keep saying he should start?

Comment

Xixak wrote: View Post
            Ross is not better than DeMar, in fact he's not even a good player. Why do people keep saying he should start?
            The jury is still out on Ross. I think he has more potential than DeMar. Ross didn't get consistent playing time in his rookie season, and I think this offseason will be huge in his development. I love DeMar, I think he would be a perfect 6th man. I just think if Ross can become a consistent 3pt. shooter he would be a better pairing with Rudy. James Harden, and Ginobili were/are 6th Men, and they are definitely better than the guys starting in front of them. It's about find balance scoring, and maximizing your rotations.

Comment

how the hell is this 3 pages
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                how the hell is this 3 pages
                People have great imaginations and see growth, development and possibilities in any situation. They equate hope with reality and then start discussions around these chimera. Until cold, hard facts crush their dreams and leave them lying on the pavement, like slow rodents on a busy street.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
                  Depending on how much Ross's game improves and if he has the ability to shoot a +.350 3 pt%. I would totally start him in lieu of DeMar. DeMar has the ability to come in for either Ross or Gay and can play +30mins in that role. Here's my rotation, based on Ross's improvement.

JV/Amir/Gray
                  Amir/Psycho T/Novak
                  Gay/DeMar/Fields
                  Ross/DeMar/Fields
                  Lowry/????

-DeMar subs for Ross or Gay, Fields gets the remaining minutes at the 2 and 3.
                  -Psycho T (+30) subs Amir and JV with Novak and Gray covering the remaining Minutes at the 4 and 5
                  -PG???? I'm not totally sold on Buycks, maybe he will surprise me. If not hopeully we get a solid floor general to play the remaining 12mins behind Lowry

I think this line up would bring some balance.
                  +30min as a backup? wtf are you on?

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                    +30min as a backup? wtf are you on?
                    It's possible. JR Smith averaged 33+ a game, Jamal Crawfored averaged a hair under 30. Put him in that kind of role and it's easily attainable.
                    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

30+ or +30?
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Guys don't forget that Gay is much better as a 4 than a 3. People, thought for years that Carmelo was a 3, but NYK smartened up last season and played him as their starting 4 and he had a career year. Gay is a very similar player and he played much better for us when he was down on the block, instead of jacking up 3's and long 2's.

Now do you put Fields, Ross or Novak in the starting line-up, when you put Gay at the 4 is the real question?
                        -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                        -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Working...
                        X