Throwback Photos.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karl Marx. wrote: View Post
    As I have said, Red Star Belgrade is not the best club when it comes to creating talent. It was important for our story because number of its players went to Greece in young age. Partisan Belgrade was much much better at creating talent. So here it goes:
    Vlade Divac - even you agree he was a great player.
    Predrag Danilovic - Great 3 seasons in the NBA. Went back to Italy because he got an insane deal.
    Zarko Paspalj - did not make it in the NBA but had a great carrier in Greece.
    Aleksandar Djordjevic - best point guard in Europe for a long time.
    Zeljko Rebraca
    Ratko Varda
    Predrag Savovic
    Dejan Koturovic
    Nenad Krstic - great NBA carrier, only went back to Europe on a huge deal.
    Kosta Perovic
    Milos Vujanic
    Miroslav Raduljica - now with Milwaukee
    ----------------------this was list of Serbs that made it to the NBA, now the list of non-Serbs:
    Predrag Drobnjak started his carrier with Partisan.
    Nikola Pekovic - joined them at 19.
    Jan Vesely - joined them at 18.
    Joffrey Lauvergne - just drafted out of Partisan.
    Raso Nesterovic

Partisan has had two players drafted this year. Red Star Belgrade had one.
    But there is no question that Greece has a better system of producing NBA players.
    That wasn't even the argument. THe argument was that Greece's national system is worse than Serbia's, because you state Serbia produced more NBAers, and that none of these guys would ever choose to play for Greece over Serbia if they had the choice. I'm arguing that's fucking bullshit, because since the Divac-Peja teams, the Serbian system has become pretty mediocre, has produced less talent than Greece, worse results, and actually hasn't kept producing NBAers, your oh so fucking holy measuring stick.
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Sun Aug 4, 2013, 08:38 AM.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      That wasn't even the argument. THe argument was that Greece's national system is worse than Serbia's, because you state Serbia produced more NBAers, and that none of these guys would ever choose to play for Greece over Serbia if they had the choice. I'm arguing that's fucking bullshit, because since the Divac-Peja teams, the Serbian system has become pretty mediocre, has produced less talent than Greece, worse results, and actually hasn't kept producing NBAers, your oh so fucking holy measuring stick.
      Serbia have produced more NBA players since Divac and Stojakovic retired from national team. Sure it is worst than it was before but it is still way better than Greece system. All you need to do is compare players produced and it would be obvious.

Offensive language will not make your argument more valid. Give us a list of players that have been produced by the Greek system.

Comment

Serbia have produced more NBA players since Divac and Stojakovic retired from national team. Sure it is worst than it was before but it is still way better than Greece system. All you need to do is compare players produced and it would be obvious.

Offensive language will not make your argument more valid. Give us a list of players that have been produced by the Greek system.
        But you only care about players, but not results. The result is what shows the strength of a system. The ability to produce a team that competes at the highest level. Not the ability to produce players who leave for better contracts in other countries. Serbia also produces many players that leave Serbia for better contracts in Russia, Spain, Greece, Italy, etc....

So here I go back to results to prove my point, since 2002.

---------------Greece--------Serbia
        Eurobasket
        2003----------5th------------6th
        2005----------1st-------------9th
        2007----------4th------------13th
        2009----------3rd-------------2nd
        2011----------6th-------------8th

FIBA WC
        2006----------2nd------------11th
        2010---------11th-------------4th

Olympics
        2004----------5th------------11th
        2008----------5th------------dnq
        2012---------dnq-------------dnq

I don't need to show you Greece sending players that go to the NBA, because the results speak for themselves.

But because you are obsessed with teh NBA, of the guys currently on the Greek national team, the following have at least been drafted:
        Loukas Mavrokefalidis, Kostas Papanikolau, Vassilis Spanoulis, Georgios Printezis
        *Ioannis Bourousis Never drafted, but turned down a 3 year/12 million dollar contract with the Spurs to stay in Greece
        **Antetokounmpo is a pretty safe bet to join the senior program.
        That's 4 guys drafted, one guy drafted who's still on the younger squad, and one guy who turned down a lucrative contract with a top NBA team to stay in Greece.

Current Serbian team:
        Nemanja Nedovic, Nemanja Bjelica, Nenad Krstic
        2 guys who have done nothing, and one guy who had a strong start to his career before leveling out as a pretty average player, and who doesn't even stand out in Europe.
        Last edited by white men can't jump; Sun Aug 4, 2013, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• Sam17 wrote: View Post
          lol as if their entire argument isn't already off-topic
          I like them French fried taters. Mhm.
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• This is like Basilis all over again, i'm having war flashbacks

Comment

But you only care about players, but not results. The result is what shows the strength of a system. The ability to produce a team that competes at the highest level. Not the ability to produce players who leave for better contracts in other countries. Serbia also produces many players that leave Serbia for better contracts in Russia, Spain, Greece, Italy, etc....

So here I go back to results to prove my point, since 2002.

---------------Greece--------Serbia
              Eurobasket
              2003----------5th------------6th
              2005----------1st-------------9th
              2007----------4th------------13th
              2009----------3rd-------------2nd
              2011----------6th-------------8th

FIBA WC
              2006----------2nd------------11th
              2010---------11th-------------4th

Olympics
              2004----------5th------------11th
              2008----------5th------------dnq
              2012---------dnq-------------dnq

I don't need to show you Greece sending players that go to the NBA, because the results speak for themselves.

But because you are obsessed with teh NBA, of the guys currently on the Greek national team, the following have at least been drafted:
              Loukas Mavrokefalidis, Kostas Papanikolau, Vassilis Spanoulis, Georgios Printezis
              *Ioannis Bourousis Never drafted, but turned down a 3 year/12 million dollar contract with the Spurs to stay in Greece
              **Antetokounmpo is a pretty safe bet to join the senior program.
              That's 4 guys drafted, one guy drafted who's still on the younger squad, and one guy who turned down a lucrative contract with a top NBA team to stay in Greece.

Current Serbian team:
              Nemanja Nedovic, Nemanja Bjelica, Nenad Krstic
              2 guys who have done nothing, and one guy who had a strong start to his career before leveling out as a pretty average player, and who doesn't even stand out in Europe.
              1. Argument was the influence of Serbia and Greece to the NBA not success of their national team.

2. Starting comparison right AFTER Serbia wan couple of gold medals and their best players have retired is like judging the Bulls on what they have accomplished after Jordan retired.

3. To say that Krstic is an average player is ridiculous. He was top 4 player of New Jersey team that made it to the 2nd round few times. The only reason he is not in the NBA is that Russians are throwing money at him.

4. I am still not sold on Bjelica and Nedovic. But you did not mention the best Serbian player who just rejected Memphis contract offer to play for big money in Turkey.

I admit that Greece has better program. Just stop torturing me. Please.

Comment

1. Argument was the influence of Serbia and Greece to the NBA not success of their national team.

2. Starting comparison right AFTER Serbia wan couple of gold medals and their best players have retired is like judging the Bulls on what they have accomplished after Jordan retired.

3. To say that Krstic is an average player is ridiculous. He was top 4 player of New Jersey team that made it to the 2nd round few times. The only reason he is not in the NBA is that Russians are throwing money at him.

4. I am still not sold on Bjelica and Nedovic. But you did not mention the best Serbian player who just rejected Memphis contract offer to play for big money in Turkey.

I admit that Greece has better program. Just stop torturing me. Please.
                The argument would be about that, if you wanted to change it to one you could win.

Karl Marx. wrote: View Post
                If Jaric and Stojakovic are Greek, how come they played for Serbian national team?
                As some of you might know, the number of foreign players on European teams in limited which is the reason players often take dual citizenship in order to be able to play as domestic players. After spending their youth careers in the same club Red Star Belgrade (in Serbia) both Jaric and Stojakovic have taken dual citizenship in order to be able to play as domestic players. It was the same way with Rambis who even had to change his name to Kyriakos Rambidis for a year in order to play as domestic player.

If Stojakovic and Jaric were not good enough to play for Serbian national team, they probably would play for Greek or some other national team as so many American players do. Bo McCalebb from New Orleans has taken Macedonian dual citizenship in order to show his skill on the big stage.
                This is what started the argument....To say that Greece is to Serbia as Macedonia is to USA. Even in Yugoslavia's best years, Greece was not some horrible team compared to them. The argument had nothing to do with which country had more influence on the NBA.

Comment

• DeMar.....

What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                  The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                  No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

The argument would be about that, if you wanted to change it to one you could win.

This is what started the argument....To say that Greece is to Serbia as Macedonia is to USA. Even in Yugoslavia's best years, Greece was not some horrible team compared to them. The argument had nothing to do with which country had more influence on the NBA.
                    I was in no way comparing Greece to Macedonia. Unproven players love the idea of playing for national teams and, if they can not play for their own national team, they would gladly accept another national team. With obvious connections to Greece, it is only normal for both Stojakovic and Jaric to be interested into playing for Greece if they were not playing for someone else. It had nothing to do with Greece or Serbia but only with the way players decide to play for other national teams.

Comment

• Anyone remember this guy?

Comment

• Rapzilla wrote: View Post
                        Anyone remember this guy?

Aussie Shaq. It's funny when a dude is black, chubby/fat and strong they call him "insert nationality" Shaq, like people called Schortsianitis Greek Shaq

Comment

• Comment

• i think we're all out of throwbacks..
                            What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                            The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                            No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

• lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
                              i think we're all out of throwbacks..
                              It was a stupid idea anyways. Who came up with it?
                              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                                It was a stupid idea anyways. Who came up with it?
                                I did, you couldn't check the first post?

Comment

Working...
                                X